Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

TLi

May 27, 2016
Well, the sound is good, and the effect is positive but as of yet, I think these kind of investments are worth it if you already are happy with your room and equipment.

I got one as I want to test it between different types of TT and electronics. I have a personal system at home that I am satisfied with that has changed very little over the years. However I also have a demo room for the products I am building. This room helps me learn about different types of equipment. Maybe this will end up in my personal system or I will keep it here at the demo room and get another one (or two) for my personal system
The Reactio plus will be shipped very soon. I shall have the first two pieces to try out. They should arrive this week. Stay tuned.

I think you will be happy to get some Reactio plus.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
How do you know it is making positive impact?
I am just hearing it, I have not made any measurements. The effect is positive for me as the sound of the record gets a slightly better definition over the frequency spectrum, kind of less background. The more interesting part for me is the sound becoming a little more effortless but at the same time it feels as if the dynamics are better too.

Please keep in mind these are early assessments and only through hearing. They are also not earth shattering changes, just a little from each of them.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
I am just hearing it, I have not made any measurements. The effect is positive for me as the sound of the record gets a slightly better definition over the frequency spectrum, kind of less background. The more interesting part for me is the sound becoming a little more effortless but at the same time it feels as if the dynamics are better too.

Please keep in mind these are early assessments and only through hearing. They are also not earth shattering changes, just a little from each of them.
Congrats,
Be honest, you jumped up while playing the record to see if the needle would jump.:)
was the first one I tried with my air suspension. Works perfectly, nothing disturbs the record playback from the floor anymore.

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
The Reactio plus will be shipped very soon. I shall have the first two pieces to try out. They should arrive this week. Stay tuned.

I think you will be happy to get some Reactio plus.
Yes! I hope ours will be shipping out this week also.

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
Yes! I hope ours will be shipping out this week also.
I can inform you they are already on the way to you :)

BTW, @TLi has just received his two Reactio plus and shared his first impressions in a new thread:
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/seismion-reactio-plus.37873/

We are happy to answer your questions and to post more detail information about them in that new thread. In short, the new version is a huge step forward especially in the critical low frequency isolation. A reduction of -10 dB is realized at 1 Hz already. Besides, it is very robust also against larger disturbances like foot-fall sound etc.

Best greetings,
Marcus

Cristian

Dec 26, 2019
I have forgotten that I have also ordered a Seismion, it has been some time. Today, my dealer called me to tell me it has arrived! I got the big one 50cmx60cm / 80kg load.

I will try it under my Kuzma Stabi M but most probably it will help the Garrard 401 or the Sony PS-X9 more. We'll see (hear).
Hello!

Have you tried it under Stabi M?

Cristian

JEB42

May 8, 2020
Toronto, Canada,
www.sonicartistry.ca
I can inform you they are already on the way to you :)

BTW, @TLi has just received his two Reactio plus and shared his first impressions in a new thread:
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/seismion-reactio-plus.37873/

We are happy to answer your questions and to post more detail information about them in that new thread. In short, the new version is a huge step forward especially in the critical low frequency isolation. A reduction of -10 dB is realized at 1 Hz already. Besides, it is very robust also against larger disturbances like foot-fall sound etc.

Best greetings,
Marcus
Very excited to get them....and into the hands of customers!

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Hello!

Have you tried it under Stabi M?

Cristian
Not yet Christian, baby takes a lot of my time so I could not try it at my home setup. Will do and let you know in a week or so (fingers crossed)

Reactions: Cristian

Scatterbrain99

Aug 18, 2016
They appear out of nowhere, and disappear without saying goodbye. Yes, I'm talking about bass. More specifically, bass after your system has been "Seismion'ed".

I bought my first basic Seismion Reactio about 7 months ago for my Primary Control Kinea turntable. I've already been using a HRS platform. The improvement of moving from HRS to Seismion was unmistakeable: there was calm, poise, grace, with increased realism, dynamics, resolution, refinement, and an illusion of higher extension. Unpacking the sound traits, I realized the biggest benefactor has been the quality of bass (taut, agile, tactile, etc) which also brings significant benefit of achieving a clear and uncolored midrange and high frequency.

Before Seismion, I didn't know bass can sound this articulate (even airy), visceral, and yet so light on its feet (which pronounces the impact of bass when it appears). It is so pleasingly surprising when the bass appears out of nowhere, strikes you and disappears. I've been thinking about why. One uneducated theory I have is that: sound travels faster through hard surface than air; low frequency contributing to the vibration (bass in this case) travel through floor/wall reaches your components first (before reaching your ears) creating vibration induced distortion. When your equipments are protected from floor borne vibration, there's no warning that a bass frequency in music is about to appear, it just does.

I ended up ordering another Reactio to put under my Thomas Mayer silver phono and line preamp. The resulting improvement wasn't a case of diminishing return, rather equally additive. It's not one of those improvements that you really appreciate once it's gone from your system. You notice it and appreciate it anytime you are playing music.

In the meantime, I tried few more isolation solutions from the more reasonable price Herbies, Gaia, to more expensive feet like Franc Audio Ceramic feet, Revopods, HRS, and CMS Ultra TT footers. I like all of these (except Gaia) in their own way. However, high end passive solution even the CMS TT has a color (in my system it was warm and musically forward under every equipment I tried). The overall delta of sound change could potentially be higher than using a Seismion but the sound change can either be positive or not so positive. With Seismion, one thing I'm quite certain is that it has no color of it's own. It will not change the tonality of your system and will bring improvements regardless of your equipments or vibration vulnerability of your listening enviornment.

Having completely sold on the efficacy of Seismion, I ordered the Reactio Plus. I was not a fan of the setup process tbh. I was also skeptical if the 3X better isolation would be audible (not to mention I live in a newly constructed building with concrete floor). Less than a minute into listening the first song with Reactio Plus under my TT, it was without a doubt more articulate, resolving, lively, yet calm and a clearer window into the music. My turntable, phono, line preamp, and monoblocks are all supported by Seismion, I'm hearing the most undistorted and pure music I've ever experienced at home.

I'd like to mention that a linear PSU is pretty much mandatory to get the best out of the Reactio platform. Although, Reactio only consume a handful watt, but the peak current consumption could be as high as 4A. This means you need a linear PSU with at least 48W instantaneous power capability. The quality of DC power cable also makes a difference.

Criticism? I actually like the no-frills utilitarian look of Reactio. It's not meant to be visually striking and helps to blend in whatever system you've. However, I do not like the stock footers. It feels like an afterthought. And finally, I wasn't a fan of the Reactio Plus setup. It's not difficult but tedious, having to load the platform with your heavy equipment, take it off, flip the platform to access the bottom screw, and repeat etc. Thankfully, you'd only have to do it once.

I'd like to thank @JEB42 for his wonderful customer support. Also, Marcus at @Seismion for creating such a high quality and effective product, and answering all my questions when I was one the fence before buying the first Reactio.

IMG_8357.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
They appear out of nowhere, and disappear without saying goodbye. Yes, I'm talking about bass. More specifically, bass after your system has been "Seismion'ed".

I bought my first basic Seismion Reactio about 7 months ago for my Primary Control Kinea turntable. I've already been using a HRS platform. The improvement of moving from HRS to Seismion was unmistakeable: there was calm, poise, grace, with increased realism, dynamics, resolution, refinement, and an illusion of higher extension. Unpacking the sound traits, I realized the biggest benefactor has been the quality of bass (taut, agile, tactile, etc) which also brings significant benefit of achieving a clear and uncolored midrange and high frequency.

Before Seismion, I didn't know bass can sound this articulate (even airy), visceral, and yet so light on its feet (which pronounces the impact of bass when it appears). It is so pleasingly surprising when the bass appears out of nowhere, strikes you and disappears. I've been thinking about why. One uneducated theory I have is that: sound travels faster through hard surface than air; low frequency contributing to the vibration (bass in this case) travel through floor/wall reaches your components first (before reaching your ears) creating vibration induced distortion. When your equipments are protected from floor borne vibration, there's no warning that a bass frequency in music is about to appear, it just does.

I ended up ordering another Reactio to put under my Thomas Mayer silver phono and line preamp. The resulting improvement wasn't a case of diminishing return, rather equally additive. It's not one of those improvements that you really appreciate once it's gone from your system. You notice it and appreciate it anytime you are playing music.

In the meantime, I tried few more isolation solutions from the more reasonable price Herbies, Gaia, to more expensive feet like Franc Audio Ceramic feet, Revopods, HRS, and CMS Ultra TT footers. I like all of these (except Gaia) in their own way. However, high end passive solution even the CMS TT has a color (in my system it was warm and musically forward under every equipment I tried). The overall delta of sound change could potentially be higher than using a Seismion but the sound change can either be positive or not so positive. With Seismion, one thing I'm quite certain is that it has no color of it's own. It will not change the tonality of your system and will bring improvements regardless of your equipments or vibration vulnerability of your listening enviornment.

Having completely sold on the efficacy of Seismion, I ordered the Reactio Plus. I was not a fan of the setup process tbh. I was also skeptical if the 3X better isolation would be audible (not to mention I live in a newly constructed building with concrete floor). Less than a minute into listening the first song with Reactio Plus under my TT, it was without a doubt more articulate, resolving, lively, yet calm and a clearer window into the music. My turntable, phono, line preamp, and monoblocks are all supported by Seismion, I'm hearing the most undistorted and pure music I've ever experienced at home.

I'd like to mention that a linear PSU is pretty much mandatory to get the best out of the Reactio platform. Although, Reactio only consume a handful watt, but the peak current consumption could be as high as 4A. This means you need a linear PSU with at least 48W instantaneous power capability. The quality of DC power cable also makes a difference.

Criticism? I actually like the no-frills utilitarian look of Reactio. It's not meant to be visually striking and helps to blend in whatever system you've. However, I do not like the stock footers. It feels like an afterthought. And finally, I wasn't a fan of the Reactio Plus setup. It's not difficult but tedious, having to load the platform with your heavy equipment, take it off, flip the platform to access the bottom screw, and repeat etc. Thankfully, you'd only have to do it once.

I'd like to thank @JEB42 for his wonderful customer support. Also, Marcus at @Seismion for creating such a high quality and effective product, and answering all my questions when I was one the fence before buying the first Reactio.

View attachment 124176

View attachment 124177

Nice to hear you are enjoying your Seismion. And @JEB42 is a great guy - nice to hear you worked with him on this (BTW, I was the one who introduced Jeb to Seismion...).
For me, installing 4 Seismion units was a game-changer. Even under field coil power supplies and AC filters (Shunyata), the Seismion makes a difference!

Your Thomas Mayer components look cool (I tried to order from him but I found him to be really arrogant and rather rude, and I don't do business with people I don't like - so I went with a WVL FC PSU instead, which is great.)

Reactions: JEB42

Scatterbrain99

Aug 18, 2016
Nice to hear you are enjoying your Seismion. And @JEB42 is a great guy - nice to hear you worked with him on this (BTW, I was the one who introduced Jeb to Seismion...).
For me, installing 4 Seismion units was a game-changer. Even under field coil power supplies and AC filters (Shunyata), the Seismion makes a difference!

Your Thomas Mayer components look cool (I tried to order from him but I found him to be really arrogant and rather rude, and I don't do business with people I don't like - so I went with a WVL FC PSU instead, which is great.)
Very nice system. I plan to get more Reactio when the budget permits. I concur that their effect on sound has been transformative! Glad that you introduced him to Seismion. It’d have been difficult to obtain a Reactio from North America otherwise.

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with Thomas. I’m fortunate that my dealings with him has been rather pleasant and he has done right by me.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Very nice system. I plan to get more Reactio when the budget permits. I concur that their effect on sound has been transformative! Glad that you introduced him to Seismion. It’d have been difficult to obtain a Reactio from North America otherwise.

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with Thomas. I’m fortunate that my dealings with him has been rather pleasant and he has done right by me.
Thanks. That's great to hear - maybe both times I contacted him he was just not having a good day ;)
After my dealings with him, I went to Wolf Von Langa who was 180 degrees better to deal with, and he built my field coil PSUs.

Reactions: JEB42 and gestalt

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC

View attachment 124176

View attachment 124177
The comparison that would be interesting would be the Seismion vs. the Wellfloat Babel with optional Babel Base. I would not be surprised if the passive Babel's performance was competitive with the Seismion and other active platforms.

FYI: https://wellfloat-global.com/wellfloat-babel/

FYI: https://audioexotics.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13154/i-am-speechless-babel-by-wellfloat

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I doubt anything passive can match active isolation done well. The Seismion also have passive isolation built in. If you turn off the active isolation, you can hear the reduction in SQ immediately; yet the passive isolation is still there.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I doubt anything passive can match active isolation done well. The Seismion also have passive isolation built in. If you turn off the active isolation, you can hear the reduction in SQ immediately; yet the passive isolation is still there.
According to Wellfloat the patented, passive Babel controls vibrations down to the molecular level measured by nanometer. The Seismion may do more on a measured basis, but absent a direct comparison no one knows where the audibe impacts start and end. If you turn off the active isolation you just have springs, which to my ears are inferior to even Welfloat's entry level pendulum based devices.

Last edited:

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
"According to Wellfloat the passive Babel controls vibrations down to the molecular level." that comment alone would make me question everything Wellfloat says about their products. It's impossible to control vibrations "down to the molecular level". Why stop there? Why not at the atomic level? All molecules (and atoms) vibrate, after all. I think the item you are placing on the platform would cease to exist if the Babel truly stopped molecular vibration. :eek:

You'll note that all the real players in this space describe vibration in terms of Hz.
Sorry, maybe I'm being too harsh on the poor Babel; but you do seem like you're trying to hijack this thread, with the classic 'my product is better than this'... when that's not the point of this thread. Unless you have both side by side with the same components it's not worth much.

EDIT: just looked up the price of the Babel - ~US$8000 PER FOOT. Wow. So it's more expensive than even the better Seisimion. I would take active isolation over this any day, and bet the Seismion would walk all over it in a true comparison.

Last edited:

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
"According to Wellfloat the passive Babel controls vibrations down to the molecular level." that comment alone would make me question everything Wellfloat says about their products. It's impossible to control vibrations "down to the molecular level". Why stop there? Why not at the atomic level? All molecules (and atoms) vibrate, after all. I think the item you are placing on the platform would cease to exist if the Babel truly stopped molecular vibration. :eek:

You'll note that all the real players in this space describe vibration in terms of Hz.
Sorry, maybe I'm being too harsh on the poor Babel; but you do seem like you're trying to hijack this thread, with the classic 'my product is better than this'... when that's not the point of this thread. Unless you have both side by side with the same components it's not worth much.

EDIT: just looked up the price of the Babel - ~US$8000 PER FOOT. Wow. So it's more expensive than even the better Seisimion. I would take active isolation over this any day, and bet the Seismion would walk all over it in a true comparison.
Hijack? So there are restrictions on the comments forum members can make? Don't own either and don't have a dog in this hunt. Just think it would be a logical and interesting comparison between two "pinnacle" products. If I was in the market for high end turntable isolation I would want to audition both. I find it interesting in a field/hobby where performance determinations are based on critical listening that you are comfortable proclaiming the Seismion "better" without ever having listened to the Babel.

Last edited:

Seismion

Dec 9, 2021
Hannover, Germany
seismion.com
High end audio usually requires high quality signal and power cables. These cables are so stiff, that they can be a major path of vibration transmission. Active isolation is about active stabilisation, thus it will suppress all incoming vibration into the top plate. This behaviour is somehow similar to a very lagre mass and is different from a soft suspension.

Sebastian

Reactions: TLi and JEB42

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
I would love to learn which LPS's you and other Seismion owners are using. I have four Reactio's and am contemplating a few more to complete things. I have yet to try a LPS.

And I am curious: what differences in sound quality do you hear when going from their standard SMPS to an LPS with your Seismion's?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing