+
[Typhon QR] power & 3D spatial qualities
+
[Denali v2] silence & noise reduction
+
[Denali 6000/T] tower format w/integrated base"

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
Plan on auditioning this in lieu of my Denali v1 + DPC-6 combo.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
Not at all clear what this will be, but Caelin is suggesting it applies to the Denali S2 rack based, rather than any other Denali product (like my tower version). Also, it seems likely a version of the Everest for rack use may be coming in future months.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017

stevebythebay

Oct 21, 2012
Sorry. I misinterpreted what Caelin was suggesting. Whatever is coming is tied to the S2 rather than any other Denali product extant.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Also, it seems likely a version of the Everest for rack use may be coming in future months.

I’m pretty sure he said that there wouldn’t be.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
On another forum he has said multiple times no rack version.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
As an FYI, Caelin has been teasing a companion device for the Denali power conditioners. He hasn't been sharing many details but it sounds a lot like a Typhon-like device for the Denali.

https://www.audioshark.org/shunyata...ter-heights-18193-post-302484.html#post302484

@kennyb123 Time will tell if Denali V1 owners will able to use this upcoming product. Or, will it be exclusive to the Denali V2 only.

Most likely V2 owners and gives them a chance to add-on Everest like performance at their choice minus the 2 outlets.

Btw, Everest looks like a game changer. Was clearly expecting it to retail closer to 10K.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
@kennyb123 Time will tell if Denali V1 owners will able to use this upcoming product. Or, will it be exclusive to the Denali V2 only.

As a V1 owner, I have been paying close attention to Caelin’s comments on the “companion” product. When asked to clarify whether V1 owners can benefit, his answer has been “Denali 6000/S”.

It could be that this product is still in development and he doesn’t yet know if V1 can be supported, but I seriously doubt that. The V2 doesn’t have any kind of connector that would allow a companion product to mate with it the way the original Typhon could mate with a Triton. So maybe it’s like the Typhon QR in that it can be plugged directly into the wall.

Alternatively, the companion might plug into an outlet in the Denali. That’s maybe where we’ll find that differences in the V1 and V2 result in the companion providing greater benefit to the V2 than the V1, thus still making the V2 a compelling upgrade for V1 owners.

Pure speculation here but I’m remaining optimistic until I hear something specific that blows holes into my reasoning.

Reactions: Mdp632

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
That is what I heard; you should ping Caelin or Grant or perhaps they will answer here.

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
A dealer told me Shunyata has just released the new version (v2) of their Sigma XLR intereconnects. MSRP of $5,000. However, I don't see anything on their website. Anyone knows anything about this?

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
A dealer told me Shunyata has just released the new version (v2) of their Sigma XLR intereconnects. MSRP of $5,000. However, I don't see anything on their website. Anyone knows anything about this?

I emailed Richard at Shunyata about the new Alpha V2 speaker cables. He mentioned that they weren't available until August due to demand on the plant to produce the new V2 power cables. The new V2 speaker cables weren't on their website either.

Reactions: thyname

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Bluedog, you seem to have omitted your speakers from your list of equipment in the signature.

I am about to pull the trigger and order an Everest.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
I am about to pull the trigger and order an Everest.

The Everest is really impressive - and I had a Triton v3 previous. I knew from within the first few notes and was sold 30 seconds in (and I went into it fully expecting to come away unimpressed and save $8k). There's no burn in - plug your components in and let them warm up and you're gonna hear what it can do in all its glory. If you are going to use a new PC however that will need to burn in.

This may not make sense but the Everest isn't a "wow that sounds awesome" product; it's a "so this is what my system is fully capable of" experience. All that with the Everest only being used with my front end and not using Shunyata cables (my front end is VH Audio PCs - Trans from the wall to Everest and Airsine for the transport/DAC/pre).

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Bar81, I see you are using CAD for ground control. I assume you are using this for signal ground. Are you using the Everest for AC grounding? What are your thoughts on the CAD? Did you compare to some of the other products such as the Nordost?

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Bar81, I see you are using CAD for ground control. I assume you are using this for signal ground. Are you using the Everest for AC grounding? What are your thoughts on the CAD? Did you compare to some of the other products such as the Nordost?

I'm using CAD GC1s for signal ground for my front end components (started with sharing a single GC1 for my transport and DAC which resulted in a clear performance improvement and then moved to a GC1 for each component which was a substantial improvement. I also have an additional ground on my preamp via the Acoustic Revive RGC-24). A GC3 is used for AC ground connected to the Everest and also each outlet my monoblocs are plugged into (the M400s are not connected to the Everest). I'm not using the grounding system in the Everest other than as a means to connect the GC3 to the Everest.

Haven't tried the Nordost products for a couple of reasons. First, I was out of the US at the time with no dealer and CAD offered me 30 days to try with full refund - I liked that confidence in their product and I was a skeptic at the time regarding grounding products so I didn't expect to keep it. The second reason is that no grounding product other than CAD had anything approaching an explanation as to why/how their product works. The CAD white paper here is what ultimately made the difference for me: http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/CAD_Ground_Control.pdf

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
I emailed Richard at Shunyata about the new Alpha V2 speaker cables. He mentioned that they weren't available until August due to demand on the plant to produce the new V2 power cables. The new V2 speaker cables weren't on their website either.

Yet, dealers have access to the pricing of v2, interconnects and speaker cables, and can take orders now. Go figure. If you ask me, very confusing from Shunyata Research company part. And weird

GuillaumeB

VIP/Donor
Mar 10, 2014
UK
www.boyeraudio.com
Yet, dealers have access to the pricing of v2, interconnects and speaker cables, and can take orders now. Go figure. If you ask me, very confusing from Shunyata Research company part. And weird

My understanding is that the V2 signal and digital cables will launch in August. We have received pricing details from the US but will not load these up onto our website until the official launch. In any case we do not yet have all the details, photos etc. When customers enquire about current generation cables we are now making them aware of this.

I can confirm that we have been exceptionally busy with the sale of V2 power cables and have just launched our V2 UK Denali and Delta D6 power conditioners. The factory is so busy we often have a 3 week wait before products can ship.

In the meantime here is a video we recently commissioned entitled "The Art of Noise Reduction", enjoy! Turn up the volume if you can. ;)

Cheers,

Guillaume

Reactions: thyname

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing