Skogrand cables

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Have you tried their power cables ?. They are in different league. Not many know about these cables, but are truly outstanding.
I have a pair of Skogrand Beethoven XLR from phono to preamp.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I have a pair of Skogrand Beethoven XLR from phono to preamp.
And?

Good? Probably
Bad? probaby not
Ugly? Definitely not
even my wife liked the look of the upper Skogrand cables. She says if cables have to visible, they should look like upper Skogrands, i.e. like jewelry

Comparison with other cables you own/know?

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
And?

Good? Probably
Bad? probaby not
Ugly? Definitely not
even my wife liked the look of the upper Skogrand cables. She says if cables have to visible, they should look like upper Skogrands, i.e. like jewelry

Comparison with other cables you own/know?
Okay. I bought them used. WW PLatinum were not shamed by them. That's all I have compared them with...

Reactions: christoph

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Okay. I bought them used. WW PLatinum were not shamed by them. That's all I have compared them with...
Hi Howie, just wondering what you meant by WW Platinum were not shamed? WW Platinum performed as good as the Skogrand Beerhoven? I am looking for a 10 m long RCA interconnec that would really perform and wouldn’t break the bank, right now strongly considering Skogrand because their extra length doesn’t cost much like Siltech.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Hi Howie, just wondering what you meant by WW Platinum were not shamed? WW Platinum performed as good as the Skogrand Beerhoven? I am looking for a 10 m long RCA interconnec that would really perform and wouldn’t break the bank, right now strongly considering Skogrand because their extra length doesn’t cost much like Siltech.
Yes pretty much. Last night I decided to plug in a pair of Sablon interconnects to my phono and A/Bed them with the Beethoven's. I need to try it again today but initial thoughts are that the Sablon may be even better. The beethoven appeared to be a little less defined, voices were less clear. As for your 10m rca, that seems quite long for a rca cable? Are you not concerned with noise? May be try it with a cheapo cable first to see if the 10m works?

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Yes pretty much. Last night I decided to plug in a pair of Sablon interconnects to my phono and A/Bed them with the Beethoven's. I need to try it again today but initial thoughts are that the Sablon may be even better. The beethoven appeared to be a little less defined, voices were less clear. As for your 10m rca, that seems quite long for a rca cable? Are you not concerned with noise? May be try it with a cheapo cable first to see if the 10m works?
WOW! That’s quite a revelation to me, thanks a lot for you sharing your experience Howie, much appreciated. Sablon or WW platinum would save me a lot of money to be put towards something else. BTW: I assume your Beethoven is fully broken in?

These past few days also revealed something else to me, full Siltech loom doesn’t necessarily give me the best sound, few days ago we kept on adding Siltech to the loom and to a certain point the sound became too bright and can only be tamed by switching Siltech to something else. Right now I am looking for that something else and that something else gotta come in 10 meters long. Right now I have Goebel Lacorde Speaker Cable burning in my system and it actually seems to be turning into something really special, perhaps even better than the Siltech. I just texted my dealer asking about the price for 10m of Goebel interconnect.

About noise from 10m RCA, I heard about that concern a lot and I was very concerned about that too myself but my dealer assured me not to. We tried the HSE Reference phono (XLR only) with 10 m Luna XLR cable with the end connected to RCA adapter going to the G70 pre amp so it wasn’t really a balanced connection and I heard no noise or lack of energy whatsoever with the 10 m interconnect. Off course I am going to try the same thing at home with loaner Luna interconnect from my dealer first before committing to something more expensive.

thanks Howie!!

Reactions: howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
WOW! That’s quite a revelation to me, thanks a lot for you sharing your experience Howie, much appreciated. Sablon or WW platinum would save me a lot of money to be put towards something else. BTW: I assume your Beethoven is fully broken in?

These past few days also revealed something else to me, full Siltech loom doesn’t necessarily give me the best sound, few days ago we kept on adding Siltech to the loom and to a certain point the sound became too bright and can only be tamed by switching Siltech to something else. Right now I am looking for that something else and that something else gotta come in 10 meters long. Right now I have Goebel Lacorde Speaker Cable burning in my system and it actually seems to be turning into something really special, perhaps even better than the Siltech. I just texted my dealer asking about the price for 10m of Goebel interconnect.

About noise from 10m RCA, I heard about that concern a lot and I was very concerned about that too myself but my dealer assured me not to. We tried the HSE Reference phono (XLR only) with 10 m Luna XLR cable with the end connected to RCA adapter going to the G70 pre amp so it wasn’t really a balanced connection and I heard no noise or lack of energy whatsoever with the 10 m interconnect. Off course I am going to try the same thing at home with loaner Luna interconnect from my dealer first before committing to something more expensive.

thanks Howie!!
Yes the beethoven's are way beyond break in. I bought them used so they were broken in by the first owner. Ask Mark at Sablon to loan you a pair of rca so you can compare. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Mine have the Bocchino plugs on and i think that's important to include.

Uwiik

Mar 2, 2021
Yes the beethoven's are way beyond break in. I bought them used so they were broken in by the first owner. Ask Mark at Sablon to loan you a pair of rca so you can compare. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Mine have the Bocchino plugs on and i think that's important to include.
notes, thanks a lot Howie!

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Anyone got experience of these?
Skogrand Cables are Crystal Clear, Pure and transparent , the feeling of rightness and beauty in sound is high. the midrange quality of skogrand cables (in ultra revealing loudspeakers) is shocking experience. the skogrand cable is transparent but not in analytical/forward manner.
very few expensive cables like Nordost odin2 come close .

Last edited:
Reactions: Steveo

cd45123

Jan 25, 2021
Wanted to keep this one going - has anyone compared Skogrand against Inakustik. Both brands seem to be going with air as the dielectric.

Very surprised that Skogrand has bested Hemingway z core for some users - I was under the impression they were untouchable.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Wanted to keep this one going - has anyone compared Skogrand against Inakustik. Both brands seem to be going with air as the dielectric.

Very surprised that Skogrand has bested Hemingway z core for some users - I was under the impression they were untouchable.
Agree this would be a very interesting comparison for the reasons you state. Inakustik cheaper, so if the design works, then would be a good alternative.

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Recently acquired a pair of used Skogrand Wagner power cables. To me Skogrand sounds natural, open and transparent without harshness. The midrange is one the best I have experienced so far: smooth and natural.

Reactions: Forte

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Have you tried their power cables ?. They are in different league. Not many know about these cables, but are truly outstanding.
I have Skogrand AC cable , both Rachmaninov and Stravinsky.

I had many audiophile AC Cables and most of them try to filter AC power.
in my idea the AC filtering will increase transparency and image depth plus blacker background but It also degrade dynamics and add a coloration to sound .

Skogrand is one of few Cables that does not add any coloration and It does not try to decrease dynamics.

If you have very bad AC quality you may prefer other AC cables but if you have good/average AC quality then these cables are very good.

if your speaker is very current hungry then I recommend Only Beethoven or Stravinsky AC cables for lower dc resistance.

Knut (Skogrand designer) is very Genius, I had a test between Nordost Odin 2 vs Skogrand Stravinsky speaker cables and interconnects , you can not believe the result, Skogrand easily outperform Nordost odin 2.

Reactions: TechnicalPie

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Good to see some love for Skogrand cables! I ended up getting a double run of Beethoven speaker cables which are just stunning in their transparency and lucidity.

Reactions: Steveo and Stef

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
New Silver cable will be in MOC 2024

Attachments

• IMG_8927.jpeg
    IMG_8927.jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: TechnicalPie

TechnicalPie

Aug 24, 2019
New Silver cable will be in MOC 2024
Yes, this new product is very intriguing!
I think these are new horizons for sound!

"Silverspine is the first cable model from Skogrand that does not use single-core copper. Instead, it uses single-grain silver wires with a solid core that float in the air throughout the entire length of the cable, from one end to the other, using Skogrand’s unique dielectric frame construction"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing