VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest

Thanks for the two articles, Francisco. The microscope could be fun to try. Gauging by the pictures on page 10 of the microscope manual, it obviously takes some training, but I suspect mostly experience to get the hang of detecting wear. Of course stylus shapes are more complex now than in 1954.

Too bad Wally Malewicz passed on. He could give us the definitive guide to using a USB microscope to assess stylus wear.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Worn or worn out...I forgot you can tell exactly when your cartridge is worn out and know the exact time when it starts to destroy your records...I guess i need more experience to know this precise moment in time:rolleyes:

;);)

Do whatever you like wook, I don't give a crap. The more you post the more you sound like a dumbass that got kicked off this forum now pretending to be some kind of hairy female persona. Give it up Davey F. and get a life.

david

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Do whatever you like wook, I don't give a crap. The more you post the more you sound like a dumbass that got kicked off this forum now pretending to be some kind of hairy female persona. Give it up Davey F. and get a life.

david
I was thinking the same yesterday,
someone with an ax to grind,
and very targeted towards DDK.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Davey's messy wookie ass is fired again!
david
I told it was a scam.
No way a 21year old girl wastes time discussing audio with old farts. They got selfies to take.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
What a looser !:rolleyes:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing