Introducing the All-new Center Stage Ultra TT Feet for Turntables and Center Stage Ultra TD Feet for Tape Decks

joelavrencik

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2016
Chicago
www.criticalmasssystems.com
delphi17

Thank you for this information. In a way, your timing is perfect. We just finished testing the replacement to the LS0.8. I think this would be perfect for you. You'll get the added benefit of lowering the noise floor for your amplifiers too.

Remember that traces and wiring in the amps and crossovers are generally silver and/or copper. These metals are crystalline structures at the molecular level. Subjecting these crystalline structures to vibration, at the atomic level, causes the positive ions of the crystals to vibrate and interfere with the “drift” motion of the valence electrons passing through the traces and wires thus causing an increase in temperature. Increases in temperature beyond the optimal performance design of a circuit cause an increase in resistance in the circuit. Entropy caused by increased resistance throughout the crossover and amplifier degrades the efficiency of the circuit; the heat created by excess vibration causes the wiring and traces to function as resistors between the resistors and capacitors. And the resistors and capacitors malfunction for the same reason; producing haze and distortion. This anomaly would also be present in the wiring leading to the drivers. Our feet are designed to evacuate heat and vibration from the loudspeaker.

I am so convinced we have the solution you're looking for, and considering we're discussing a new product, I would be pleased to extend a money-back guarantee. Please let me know your thoughts....

All the Best

Joe

Reactions: delphi17

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Effective Feb 1/2024 there has been a price increase
The Ultra TT is now $3520/set of 4 ($880/footer)
The Ultra TD is now $2540/set of 4 ($635/footer)
The Ultra TC is now $1380/set of 4 ($345/footer)

Center StageUltra LS-2.25

Ultra-LS 2.25 Dimensions and weight: $6400/set of 8 ($800 per footer)

• Diameter at the point of contact with the loudspeaker: 1.5” (38mm)
• Total diameter of the top: 2.25” (57mm)
• Widest diameter of the foot: 2.5” (64mm)
• Height of the foot fully contracted: 2.25” (57mm)
• Height of the foot fully extended: 2.5” (64mm)
• Weight is: 300 grams each (11 oz)

Retail Set of 8

$800 w/adapters $6,400 $400 w/adapters

CS Ultra Dimensions and weight:

CSUltra TT is 2” in diameter with a height adjustment between 1.5” and 1.75" (50.8mm x 41mm to 45mm), 8 ounces 200 grams. No weight limit.
CSUltra TD is 2” in diameter with a height of just over 1.0" (501mm x 25.4mm). 6 ounces 150 grams. No weight limit
CSUltra TC is 2” in diameter with a height of just over 13/16" (50.8mm x 21mm), 3 ounces 150 grams. No weight limit.

Note: Center StageUltra TC and TD Audio Feet come individually boxed with 3 shims for leveling uneven surfaces per set of 4 feet
Note: Center StageUltra TT Audio Feet are height adjustable for leveling uneven surfaces and are sold in sets of 3 or 4 feet

CSUltra TT is 2” in diameter with a height adjustment between 1.5” and 1.75" (50.8mm x 41mm to 45mm), 8 ounces 200 grams. No weight limit.

Ultra-LS 2.25 Dimensions and weight:
:

Reactions: CKKeung

Wutang-401`

Dec 6, 2023
Sydney, Australia
Just received 2 sets of TT and 2 of TC. Installed on powerstrip, turntable, RIAA and then Amplifier. Almost immediately it sounded quite different. It was wonderful first night, almost bizarre second night. Beautiful today. The greatest impact (when it is on song) is a sense of ease. Some terrible strain has been removed, some filter that favoured portions of frequency spectrum. A bit of a marvel really. I had Gaia footers on turntable and that was great but this is better. Gaia were slightly grey and grainy (very slight) compared to what is now sparkling and free with an extraordinary feeling of resolution.

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
Effective Feb 1/2024 there has been a price increase
The Ultra TT is now $3520/set of 4 ($880/footer)
The Ultra TD is now $2540/set of 4 ($635/footer)
The Ultra TC is now $1380/set of 4 ($345/footer)

Center StageUltra LS-2.25

Ultra-LS 2.25 Dimensions and weight: $6400/set of 8 ($800 per footer)

Retail Set of 8

$800 w/adapters $6,400 $400 w/adapters

CS Ultra Dimensions and weight:

CSUltra TD is 2” in diameter with a height of just over 1.0" (501mm x 25.4mm). 6 ounces 150 grams. No weight limit
CSUltra TC is 2” in diameter with a height of just over 13/16" (50.8mm x 21mm), 3 ounces 150 grams. No weight limit.

Note: Center StageUltra TC and TD Audio Feet come individually boxed with 3 shims for leveling uneven surfaces per set of 4 feet
Note: Center StageUltra TT Audio Feet are height adjustable for leveling uneven surfaces and are sold in sets of 3 or 4 feet

Ultra-LS 2.25 Dimensions and weight:
:
So do the new Ultra TCs replace the older 2Ms? Can the TDs be used on any electronic equipment like say a CDP, and sound better on them than the TCs?

Steve Williams

Just received 2 sets of TT and 2 of TC. Installed on powerstrip, turntable, RIAA and then Amplifier. Almost immediately it sounded quite different. It was wonderful first night, almost bizarre second night. Beautiful today. The greatest impact (when it is on song) is a sense of ease. Some terrible strain has been removed, some filter that favoured portions of frequency spectrum. A bit of a marvel really. I had Gaia footers on turntable and that was great but this is better. Gaia were slightly grey and grainy (very slight) compared to what is now sparkling an

So do the new Ultra TCs replace the older 2Ms? Can the TDs be used on any electronic equipment like say a CDP, and sound better on them than the TCs?
yes, yes and yes (series 2M is replaced by Ultra series consisting of TT, TD and TC)

Steve Williams

yes, yes and yes (series 2M is replaced by Ultra series consisting of TT, TD and TC)
I have 72 Ultra TT under my electronics except for my Taiko Extreme where I use the even newer LS Ultra 2.25

Reactions: CKKeung

Wutang-401`

Dec 6, 2023
Sydney, Australia
@Steve Williams so you are using LS 2.25 for a component? i presume LS must screw in? is your preference based on this ability to install into threads or based on performance?

also may i ask how i best implement cms footers with a speaker that sits on a stand (audio Note an-e). my rep suggests TT between speaker cabinet and stand. any thoughts?

thanks

Steve Williams

I do not use adapters with the LS Ultra 2.25. They are the updated version of the LS 0.8 from a few years ago. I was gobsmacked as to how well my system sounded with them under the Extreme without adapters

what is the purpose of the speaker stand re isolation etc. If the stand has none then your dealer has an interesting thought. I would reach out to Joe and ask him his advice.

I use LS 1.5 speaker feet under my Wilson X2 speakers without adapters and they function superbly. The new LS Ultra 2.25 is a most amazing footer that simply astonished me as to how much better it sounds under the Extreme than the Ultra TT....plus set of the new LS Ultra 2.25 costs less than a set of Ultra TT

71771083992__07DF2BCE-02E4-4A1E-91DC-9CADB5C21D5F 2.jpeg

Wutang-401`

Dec 6, 2023
Sydney, Australia
@Steve Williams if I could trouble you to confirm, that with your Taiko, the LS 2.25 simply sits there in the same way a TT might? not screwed in?

i think the LS 2.25 look wonderful too.

for my speakers, the stand is for the purpose of raising the speaker up to an appropriate height. currently the cabinet is coupled to the stand and the stand sits on Gaia feet. the screws are outboard of the stand base.

could i not just use LS 2.25 under the stand instead of the Gaia feet? bringing them under the stand (so as to be flush at top of footer with stand base.

Steve Williams

@Steve Williams if I could trouble you to confirm, that with your Taiko, the LS 2.25 simply sits there in the same way a TT might? not screwed in?

for my speakers, the stand is for the purpose of raising the speaker up to an appropriate height. currently the cabinet is coupled to the stand and the stand sits on Gaia feet. the screws are outboard of the stand base.

could i not just use LS 2.25 under the stand instead of the Gaia feet? bringing them under the stand (so as to be flush at top of footer with stand base.
As I said I do not use adapters. In fact all told I have 68 Ultra TT , 8 LS 1.5 and 4 LS Ultra 2.25 and NONE are with adapters

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018

Are your speaker stands just a frame or a flat solid top? I think CMS suggested a direct contact of their footers with the chassis.

I used the LS1.5 between the speaker and the stand.

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpeg
    IMG_1036.jpeg
    749.6 KB · Views: 5

Steve Williams

Are your speaker stands just a frame or a flat solid top? I think CMS suggested a direct contact of their footers with the chassis.

I don't have speaker stands. MY LS 1.5 sits under the speakers and on the floor. I have perfect contact between the top of the LS footers and underside of my speakers

Steve Williams

Joe has always been against using competing forms of isolation . Why not get rid of the stock footers under the stand and use the LS 1.5 there

ssfas

Sep 13, 2023
Narnia
Is there a cross section of these Ultra TT feet? I have a turntable being made at the moment and I'm intending using the feet I already have under a plinth for my current turntable (Kridon Image).

ssfas

Sep 13, 2023
Narnia
There is no cross section view that I am aware of but you state you're going to use existing feet so why worry
They said at the start of the thread that they are used OEM for Artisan Fidelity decks and I'm doing a deck like that. I'm currently likely to use the feet I have by default, which screw in to the bottom of the plinth and use ball bearings for dissipation. They are machined aluminium I think.

As it happens the CMS dealer here is only 10 miles from Classic Turntables and he also is the main distributor for the Longdog Quartz power supplies. One of those recently arrived from Longdog direct, which is also in the same neighbourhood.

Steve Williams

It’s all a master of preference. I prefer CMS in my system Plus I use all CMS racks with the footers. All the same technology. As I said Joe isn’t big on using competing technologies in the same system

Reactions: ssfas

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing