Suggestions for new house dedicated power set-up

I just finished connecting my main box to a new sub panel with 2/0 gauge. Using 8 gauge up from sub to main room. Synergistic research purple outlets.

The result is crazy. It is Iike a new system. 2-3x the enjoyment. Everything is sophisticated, clean, clear, more soulful, detailed, black and just really special.

To not do this is crazy - single best cost / reward effort you can make.

Cannot recommend more highly.

Reactions: John T and mauidj
I am convinced! Just need to find out what the code here allows for. WOW…2/0 gauge ! Is there a big potential difference between that and 2 AWG? Also is 2.0 hard to run…it is so thick!

I am convinced! Just need to find out what the code here allows for. WOW…2/0 gauge ! Is there a big potential difference between that and 2 AWG? Also is 2.0 hard to run…it is so thick!
No - I had 150 feet. I had no choice - Vince Galbo strongly recommends 2 gauge. It’s a really crazy impact

Reactions: mauidj
Sorry to repeat myself….so 2.0 makes a difference over 2AWG? And did it require specific panels to accept that thickness?

Do you use three separate wires or a two conductor plus ground Romex style ? If so…is the ground the same gauge and do you twist them?

Wow! 150' 2awg! That had to be a mother! Just yesterday I ran a dedicated10awg circuit solely for my network, (crawl space) approx. 40' into a very full 200 amp panel. So tight! It took a little while to get the ground into the bus bar. Lots of manipulation. And sweat!!

I used a the phase opposite the Torus Isolation Transformer. I really like the network on its own circuit...

Sorry - I actually ran 2/3. If I ran 2/0 I would need separate service and meter from electric company and a panel with 35 empty slots as my sub panel wouldn’t accommodate that wire. Cant tell the difference as I never tried 2/0 but the 2/3 gauge was a monster to pull thru the ceiling. If you private message me I will send you a pic of the wire - I had to make a choice use 2/3 or have the electrician quit on me!! I had to open the ceiling twice to pull it thru.

Reactions: MarkusBarkus
...2/0 is a big pull. I haven't done it for a million years. And that time involved a "pony motor" and a thick rope for a "fish" and a lot of Ideal yellow soap! Sorry you had to open the ceiling. That sucks, but sometimes...

Reactions: John T
...2/0 is a big pull. I haven't done it for a million years. And that time involved a "pony motor" and a thick rope for a "fish" and a lot of Ideal yellow soap! Sorry you had to open the ceiling. That sucks, but sometimes...
That's like pulling a well pump out by hand! Actually the well pump is probably easier. Yeah yellow soap and a 5 gallon bucket of vaseline!

I can’t imagine 2/0 is a 20% improvement to 2/3 but never know. Also I understand that the wall outlets need to break in so that should interesting. I have a power conditioner coming and I hope that will further advance the cause. One can see how chasing equipment before the room and power is right can be quite expensive

Full House!!

Attachments

• PXL_20240628_190846284.jpg
    PXL_20240628_190846284.jpg
    822.4 KB · Views: 15
I can’t imagine 2/0 is a 20% improvement to 2/3 but never know. Also I understand that the wall outlets need to break in so that should interesting. I have a power conditioner coming and I hope that will further advance the cause. One can see how chasing equipment before the room and power is right can be quite expensive
You are correct. Try to ensure your AC, cabling, receptacles, everything affiliated with your power is as good as you can make it. Like starting with a blank canvas...

Sorry - I actually ran 2/3. If I ran 2/0 I would need separate service and meter from electric company and a panel with 35 empty slots as my sub panel wouldn’t accommodate that wire. Cant tell the difference as I never tried 2/0 but the 2/3 gauge was a monster to pull thru the ceiling. If you private message me I will send you a pic of the wire - I had to make a choice use 2/3 or have the electrician quit on me!! I had to open the ceiling twice to pull it thru.
PM sent….many thanks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing