Suggestions for new house dedicated power set-up

Never use silver paste. Only use Caig Deoxit D100 to clean and G100 for final finish. Use the DN5S-2N to spray down parts in a existing panel, duplex etc.

Not NEC means its not to code and wont pass inspection. And if there were a fire, an insurance company could say it was parts used in a way not intended to be used.

I am noting how I modified the part, so that one no no. Then I am using it in a place not intended. Another no no. I have done it at my home as I am using a part that is designed to hold 2 x#10 wires. And it clamps very secure and solid. The issue is its made to hold those 2 x #10 wire when screwed to the can of a metal splice box. Not in free air with tape around it. And you sawed the end off.

Oddly it wraps extremely well in the box. What I mean is, a through splice that runs in one direction, tucks back into the box well and allows wire packing that is clean wirh no kinks. Don't ever kink your wire. Your destroying the internal structure of the wire. When you kink a wire, you significantly reduce its current carying capacity. All box fill should look like this.

Attachments

• 20211026_211303.jpg
    20211026_211303.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: mxk116

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu