Taiko Audio Daiza platforms.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Try a trick, if you prefer one less, increase its volume to see if you like it more

Yes, unless one the cartridges is of much higher quality, systematically we choose the higher sound level, not the preferred. Differences of +/- .3 dB are enough to bias a comparison.

Reactions: dwhistance

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
What a beautiful room and system indeed. I am now playing severe catch up on Daiza consumption lol.

Emile - for stacking do you simply plonk one Daiza with feet on top of the other or do you omit feet between the layers?

The feet have to stay in place.

Reactions: Zeotrope

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Emile, I've just had a fascinating trial of the eficacy of HRS Damping Plates on top of my gear. It occurs to me that Daizas on top of components would perhaps replicate or improve upon HRS effects.

I mean, if Daizas act as a sink for noise from gear down into them, surely they would work w noise also going up into them. Esp if the Daizas are heavy enough to properly mass load/direct couple to top plates of components.

Thoughts?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Emile, I am seriously impressed w the HRS Damping Plates (I think Artesania make something similar too). I'm wondering if yr Daizas on top of gear are an avenue for me to investigate, maybe even do an HRS v Daiza trial?

I would probably do this on my cdp, since a regular sized platform is all that would be needed.

If I went down this path, my pre amp and psu would need 1/3 width platforms since ventilation slats are on the top plate.

Can you provide all sizes of platform?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Emile, yr 325 x 345 one would be ideal to trial on cdp. If it took the honours v HRS, I'd look to go fwds on the rest of my system.

I might potentially need four platforms 10cm wide. Could you provide that?

Have you ever looked at HRS plates, how they work, what they purport to do? Similar to Daizas more than dissimilar?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Emile, yr 325 x 345 one would be ideal to trial on cdp. If it took the honours v HRS, I'd look to go fwds on the rest of my system.

I might potentially need four platforms 10cm wide. Could you provide that?

Have you ever looked at HRS plates, how they work, what they purport to do? Similar to Daizas more than dissimilar?

10 cm wide would not make that much sense, the bare minimum would be around 12 cm wide with a somewhat more considerable length, otherwise it would be lacking "mass". Do note you would still use the footers, even when placed on top, so it should not significantly impair airflow.

I have not looked at HRS plates, I have sold quite a few Daizas to HRS rack owners though. It just does work different then any other products I'm aware of. Hence you can combine / replace at will.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Emile, sorry if this has been answered already. Do Daizas work to act to dissipate or sink noise/energy from gear? Or do they isolate the gear from energy directed twds it? Or both?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
And so in principle Daizas on top of gear would also dissipate? Emile, I'm gonna drop you a PM w some of the sizes I might need, can you get back to me w prices (I'm assuming ex VAT?)

. I was likely going ahead w HRS Plates, but if the cdp trial works out better in yr favour, I may go in yr direction and could do w knowing budget.

Are all Daizas 4cm high in total to incl inbuilt footers? If not, can you provide one Daiza that doesn't exceed 4cm to incl footer?

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Quick look at full Daiza complement finally installed yesterday. Today I will replace the Aurios roller bearings from under the Aqua and also remove some compliant material between a granite slab resting on the Aqua cover.
I’ll comment on sound quality in a few days after it all beds in and I’ve given the system a good workout.

6DDC8EE9-6B83-42D6-B6DE-449AA0BA925F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Taiko Audio

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That's looking good.
And sounding good, it seems.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
I promised a few comments on the full Daiza complement in my system and I’m happy to report that the sound quality uptick has been both revealing and great value for money. In fact I have sold most of my old isolation products to help pay for one of the Daiza and don’t miss a single one of them. (the Daiza underneath my amplifiers are a special size to accommodate their large footprint and almost any size can be made to order.)

The level of transparency has increased and of course dynamics but the most startling effect for me is the ability to play loud with no discernible distortion. I’m talking about those vocal crescendos that often break up or become harsh or big bombastic orchestral scores that used to sound congested when the volume increased. Somehow the Daiza are breaking the feedback loop between speakers and components more effectively than anything else I’ve tried. The Daiza feet under the Aqua also improved the sound by tightening up the bass creating greater propulsion to the music.

Emile has created something special here and I thank him for bringing these platforms to market.

Cheers
Blue58

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Will be good to second that when I visit Barry on Sat.

Barry, I hope you're putting an appropriate playlist together. For a proper test of the Daizas, rather than your usual Ryan Adams and Nina Simone.

The new Tool album. Snarky Puppy. Mahavishnu Orchestra. Sanguine Hum. Steve Wilson classic prog remasters.

That'll do LOL.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Will be good to second that when I visit Barry on Sat.

Barry, I hope you're putting an appropriate playlist together. For a proper test of the Daizas, rather than your usual Ryan Adams and Nina Simone.

The new Tool album. Snarky Puppy. Mahavishnu Orchestra. Sanguine Hum. Steve Wilson classic prog remasters.

That'll do LOL.

My French friend stacked two under his Kagura and report even more improvement in sound. He was using SRA. It is easy peasy to get them up your stairs Marc. I wish to hear you compare it with your beloved Stacore.

Kind regards,
Tang

6ED5D1E4-DA9F-4924-AF11-B1508A932573.jpeg

* No posting permission from him but I post anyway. :p

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tang, I guess had I been looking at isolation for my gear now, I'd be putting Daizas top of my list.

Re ABing Daiza versus my Stacore Advanced under tt, this isn't gonna happen. I'm very confident I've made the right choice here. No need to investigate further.

Too many more things to prioritise instead, too little cash.

Reactions: boller

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing