Taiko Audio Daiza platforms.

shaned

Nov 7, 2019
Quite right, although it may appear the same, it works completely different, a different angle approach.

The Tana and Daiza provide different functions, we stack them, a Daiza can sit on top of a Tana and improves its performance. In fact the Daiza was developed for that specific application. However we quickly discovered it had its merits when used without the Tana.

Depending on setup, it can be so effective it does not need "isolation" anymore. That is something you'll just have to try.

If you get Custom sizes which are between the 345 x 325mm and the next size up the 483 x 400mm what price might they be ?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
If you get Custom sizes which are between the 345 x 325mm and the next size up the 483 x 400mm what price might they be ?

Hi Shaned,

The price would be in between. We currently do not charge additional fees for custom sizes. If you would like to get an exact quote feel free to contact us at contact@taikoaudio.com .

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
received more Daiza's, and now have double Daiza's under my Extreme server, and my 3 MSB Select II dac boxes; the 2 powerbases, and the dac itself. previously there was a Tana TS-150 active platform under my dac box, and single Daiza's under the power bases and Extreme.

i am 60-90 minutes into this new thing and it's only good news so far. more textural, more delicate, more detail. more involving and flows better. bass is bigger and digs deeper. quite noticeable steps up......not slight, not huge, but very obvious. and very analog sounding in a good involving way. more organic and full bodied but more dynamic and life like too. the energy projects with a vivid force.

this is removing the active device so it's a very cost effective approach based on the performance i am hearing. Emile told me the synergy of having the whole digital chain sitting on double Daiza's would be quite special and i'm a believer for sure, just waiting to see how far this goes.:):):)

i know it takes a day or three for the settling to mostly take hold, and longer than that for the foam in all the footers to settle in. but pretty awesome already.

this brings me to 22 Daiza's in my system so far.

you will also notice i moved the Tana TS-150 to under the CS Port phono pre. i did not have enough height to keep it's Daiza on top, so it just has the 10mm top layer. i was able to use the foam filled small daiza footers instead. i have not yet listened to that....it's next.

dd-1.jpg dd-2.jpg

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
you will also notice i moved the Tana TS-150 to under the CS Port phono pre. i did not have enough height to keep it's Daiza on top, so it just has the 10mm top layer. i was able to use the foam filled small daiza footers instead. i have not yet listened to that....it's next.

If you keep expanding your system like this you may end up needing a 4th Adona rack!

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Looks amazing, Mike! I wish those racks were available in UK. Nightmare to ship such weight from US.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Mike
how are the MSB pieces sitting on the Daiza's? Stock spikes, aftermarket?
Same with the Extreme..stock feet, something different?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike
how are the MSB pieces sitting on the Daiza's? Stock spikes, aftermarket?
Same with the Extreme..stock feet, something different?

every piece of gear in my signal path uses the footers shown below (with the copper plate removed) between the gear chassis and the Daiza with the open end with the foam insert facing down. it does take a couple of days for the foam to adjust and be optimal. Emile can explain the process more.

1574953573552.png

Reactions: VPN and Kingsrule

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
every piece of gear in my signal path uses the footers shown below (with the copper plate removed) between the gear chassis and the Daiza with the open end with the foam insert facing down. it does take a couple of days for the foam to adjust and be optimal. Emile can explain the process more.

View attachment 59407

Ditto:)

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I have a question of Emile re the double Daizas

why wouldn’t a single double thickness Daiza work just as well as 2 stacked single Daizas.

Good question.

1) I don't know how a thicker Daiza performs, we do have a 90mm thick Panzerholz which has been sitting in our warehouse for over a year now as it weighs 720lbs and it will be an undertaking to lift it onto our CNC machine.
2) There is a high acoustic impedance from panzerholz -> copper -> panzerholz. With 2 platforms you get panzerholz -> copper -> panzerholz -> copper -> panzerholz. Acoustic energy does dissipate very efficiently in each layer of Panzerholz due to high internal damping of the material so you basically have that twice.
3) I have to admit I have been somewhat surprised at the difference of using 1 versus 2 myself.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
If you keep expanding your system like this you may end up needing a 4th Adona rack!

the implications of a 4th rack would be more gear. and trouble from my super saintly wife. my room is pretty full at this point.:eek:

if i needed another shelf spot or two i could move the air box for the CS Port or the power supply for the Saskia off rack.......as neither of those need to be on the rack. they could both go on the floor. but it seems i'm done. my only plan is to add an SUT (or two) for one (or both) of the MM outputs on the CS Port phono to give me a 4th (or 5th) phono channel for the mono cartridge (or additional choice for the stereo carts). if i do that my plan is to attach a small shelf to the baseboard and wall behind the rack to keep the interconnect length short. it would be in the middle so all the tonearms could access it. the wall mount would be little effected by resonance.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
as i sit here listening to familiar digital tracks this morning, i am impressed by the additional harmonic information and air i'm hearing. textures and timbres are more nuanced and real. delicacy, focus, musical ease and effortlessness are more present. the music is more convincing, compelling and commanding. more life and sparkle.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Good question.

1) I don't know how a thicker Daiza performs, we do have a 90mm thick Panzerholz which has been sitting in our warehouse for over a year now as it weighs 720lbs and it will be an undertaking to lift it onto our CNC machine.
2) There is a high acoustic impedance from panzerholz -> copper -> panzerholz. With 2 platforms you get panzerholz -> copper -> panzerholz -> copper -> panzerholz. Acoustic energy does dissipate very efficiently in each layer of Panzerholz due to high internal damping of the material so you basically have that twice.
3) I have to admit I have been somewhat surprised at the difference of using 1 versus 2 myself.

I ask for a reason, Emile

My CMS racks come in 3 different levels of performance, The Black Diamond, Maxxum and Olympos are different levels and with each level, the shelves are essentially thicker as they contain more performing parts as you go from one level to the next. To me, if the Daiza was in my system I like the idea of different levels of Daiza performance such as the CMS shelves offer. To my eyes one double thickness shelf is more esthetically pleasing than 2 stacked on top of each other

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I ask for a reason, Emile

My CMS racks come in 3 different levels of performance, The Black Diamond, Maxxum and Olympos are different levels and with each level, the shelves are essentially thicker as they contain more performing parts as you go from one level to the next. To me, if the Daiza was in my system I like the idea of different levels of Daiza performance such as the CMS shelves offer. To my eyes one double thickness shelf is more esthetically pleasing than 2 stacked on top of each other

I do plan to try, it's been on my todo list for a year now, I was quite happy we managed to wrestle that 720 lbs into storage and at that time regretted ordering it, but you make a strong case here and I should pull my finger out rather sooner then later. :)

Steve Williams

I do plan to try, it's been on my todo list for a year now, I was quite happy we managed to wrestle that 720 lbs into storage and at that time regretted ordering it, but you make a strong case here and I should pull my finger out rather sooner then later. :)
I truly believe that the Daiza should be available in 1, 1 1/2 and 2X thickness shelves. Then create a proper stand for them and you have a real product rather than stacking which to me is cluttered and boring looking as well as aesthetically unpleasing

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I truly believe that the Daiza should be available in 1, 1 1/2 and 2X thickness shelves. Then create a proper stand for them and you have a real product rather than stacking which to me is cluttered and boring looking as well as aesthetically unpleasing

True, in its defence, it is priced accordingly. But I will look into it. We should also work on finding a solution for its incompatibility with carpeted floors and rubber equipment footers.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010

Steve, great idea. you should create your own line of footers with different thicknesses.:rolleyes:

just kidding Steve, hope you are having a great Thanksgiving! :)

i do like my boring looking Daiza's.:cool: and......i'm bulletproof too.:p

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
True, in its defence, it is priced accordingly. But I will look into it. We should also work on finding a solution for its incompatibility with carpeted floors and rubber equipment footers.

rubber equipment footers have no solution other than to work around. they are typically an afterthought. gear builders know that most high end customers will flavor to taste.

not to say that there are no OEM footers that are not engineered into the product performance intentions, but that is rare.

Steve Williams

Steve, great idea. you should create your own line of footers with different thicknesses.:rolleyes:

just kidding Steve, hope you are having a great Thanksgiving! :)

i do like my boring looking Daiza's.:cool: and......i'm bulletproof too.:p
Actually the footers are dufferent thicknesses Mike :p

I‘ll bet money Mike that if Emile ever makes the Daiza in 3 versions with a stand designed specifically for them you’d be the first in line to buy one

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
received more Daiza's, and now have double Daiza's under my Extreme server, and my 3 MSB Select II dac boxes; the 2 powerbases, and the dac itself. previously there was a Tana TS-150 active platform under my dac box, and single Daiza's under the power bases and Extreme. (...)

I now see why we must wait for our Daiza orders to be fulfilled ...

BTW, you should remember that PanzerHoltz is used for neutron shielding, if you get more Daiza's you risk getting a visit of the AEC and they will probably seize your NHB468! ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing