Taiko Audio Daiza platforms.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Thinking purely hypothetically, a more adequate comparison would be Daiza vs Intro and Tana vs. Basic/Advanced.

Cheers,
Hi Jarek,

I don’t speak for Taiko obviously so maybe Emile will chip in. I personally don’t think it is a case of either / or in this instance. The aim of the Daiza is removing vibration inside the component rather than blocking it getting in. As such I would see the Daiza as a worthy product *in combination* with your products - I don’t see them competing as they are doing different things.

Best.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Hi Bill,

I wouldn't like to interfere too much with this thread so let me just pass few remarks:

1) Experimenting with mixing different approaches/products is the idea I can only applaud!

2) I do not exactly agree that we are doing different things. Rather we are doing things differently and this is the beauty of a creative power :) Heavy, constrained layer damped slate sandwiches we use are also great in component damping, serving as an inert "vibrations dissipator". Thus the comparison I mentioned would be valid in my view albeit what you propose is even better. In case of either solution, the main question is how to couple tightly to the platform to use its potential fully. If I'm permitted to describe our solution, we designed footers with a steel cup (low impedance coupling to the case) and a slate bottom (low impedance coupling to the platform) with a viscoelstic layer in between coupling the two. I also like a lot Stehno's idea of clamping components to platforms.

3) The comparison I suggested was rather based on the main building principle: Both Intro and Daiza (as far as I know) are rigid platforms, while of course Tana and Basic/Advanced are suspended.

Cheers,

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
UK
Hi Bill,

I wouldn't like to interfere too much with this thread so let me just pass few remarks:

1) Experimenting with mixing different approaches/products is the idea I can only applaud!

2) I do not exactly agree that we are doing different things. Rather we are doing things differently and this is the beauty of a creative power :) Heavy, constrained layer damped slate sandwiches we use are also great in component damping, serving as an inert "vibrations dissipator". Thus the comparison I mentioned would be valid in my view albeit what you propose is even better. In case of either solution, the main question is how to couple tightly to the platform to use its potential fully. If I'm permitted to describe our solution, we designed footers with a steel cup (low impedance coupling to the case) and a slate bottom (low impedance coupling to the platform) with a viscoelstic layer in between coupling the two. I also like a lot Stehno's idea of clamping components to platforms.

3) The comparison I suggested was rather based on the main building principle: Both Intro and Daiza (as far as I know) are rigid platforms, while of course Tana and Basic/Advanced are suspended.

Cheers,
Thanks Jarek.

Yes I also like the idea of direct coupling. An idea I had was actually machining a chassis for the servers in Panzer with Daiza as the bottom plate.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Hi Jarek,

I don’t speak for Taiko obviously so maybe Emile will chip in. I personally don’t think it is a case of either / or in this instance. The aim of the Daiza is removing vibration inside the component rather than blocking it getting in. As such I would see the Daiza as a worthy product *in combination* with your products - I don’t see them competing as they are doing different things.

Best.
Quite right, although it may appear the same, it works completely different, a different angle approach.

The Tana and Daiza provide different functions, we stack them, a Daiza can sit on top of a Tana and improves its performance. In fact the Daiza was developed for that specific application. However we quickly discovered it had its merits when used without the Tana.

Depending on setup, it can be so effective it does not need "isolation" anymore. That is something you'll just have to try.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just returned from Blue58. Barry has a whole suite of Daizas under his SGM, Aqua Formula XHD w new analog board, Java Triple Shot pre, and his home brew 45 tubed monos.

It's impossible for me to discern exactly what the Daizas are contributing as seperate from what his new dac analog board is contributing, all I can do is comment on the overall effect.

First thing to say is that energy and focus are right up. There's a real uptick in leading edge intensity and dynamics, and other than a couple of examples more down to mastering (as usual, prog and fusion), this hasn't resulted in harshness. It's a much welcome impvt on what I felt was a slightly negative change in his sound to over-silkiness when Barry initially went from his harder hitting T&A Dac8 to the Aqua some months back.

So, music is much more pertinent w the changes. Mids seem a bit more fleshed out as well, but as always I prefer the density in my system, giving away the fact that I will always be first and foremost a vinyl man. However there is greater weight and gravitas to Barry's sound that was definitely not present prior to the full complement of Daizas going in.

My main takeaway is that the Daizas seem to be marshalling the sound better for way less restriction to dynamics, at the same time the energy released not creating any kind of confusing distortion. The vitality of music presentation but in an ordered tidy fashion that means the message is fully communicated.

Measured exhuberance - is that a concept? If it is, this sound has it. And the Daizas feel a big part of this.

Barry will have to chip in to discuss how much of what I'm commenting on is Daizas, Aqua analog board, and both.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing