Taiko Audio Daiza platforms.

Wrm57

Oct 30, 2012
Hi Taiko Audio (Emile?) ,

Your graphs help me appreciate the complexity of the stacked solution. In theory, then, would I be better off using the Daiza as a shelf without the feet atop the Minus-K, and using solid footers (like massive brass cones bolted into the plinth) rather than Stillpoints Ultra 5 on the (150 lb) turntable? This would eliminate two passive devices in the potentially node-amplifying chain, no?

While you're here, perhaps you can answer my original question about the Daiza: Will the location of the footers on the 483x600 mm version allow it to sit properly on the 20x18-inch top plate of the Minus-K? Ideally, I'd want a little extra room to shift it around for balance on the Minus-K.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike, the chap who has Rockport Arrakis w 6 REL subs, runs his Kodo The Beat on a Minus K. I believe I'm right in thinking The Beat has Stillpoints Ultra 5s built-in to the design, and so Ultra 5s and Minus K being used together.

i think that this is a similar situation to Peter A. and his SME 30 rubber band suspension combined with the Vibraplane. no surprise removing the Vibraplane cleans things up. the single engineered in device likely works better alone.

my guess is that Arnie's system with the Beat with Stillpoints and on a Minus K (assuming the Stillpoints are still installed) is not ideal as it is. but a better way to put it would be that the success of combining passive devices is hard to predict. and the more aggressive the approach of the two passive devices, the greater the unpredictability. in Arnie's system with all that low frequency energy maybe the net result of added isolation is positive, even though in other systems maybe it might not be the same.

combining benign passive devices, such as stacking different types of wood for tuning, has less dire consequences.

your Stacore+ devices combine different passive approaches but are engineered to work that way. that is how you do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taiko Audio

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Hi Taiko Audio (Emile?) ,

Your graphs help me appreciate the complexity of the stacked solution. In theory, then, would I be better off using the Daiza as a shelf without the feet atop the Minus-K, and using solid footers (like massive brass cones bolted into the plinth) rather than Stillpoints Ultra 5 on the (150 lb) turntable? This would eliminate two passive devices in the potentially node-amplifying chain, no?

While you're here, perhaps you can answer my original question about the Daiza: Will the location of the footers on the 483x600 mm version allow it to sit properly on the 20x18-inch top plate of the Minus-K? Ideally, I'd want a little extra room to shift it around for balance on the Minus-K.

Thanks.

I would still use the supplied Daiza footers, the only scenario where you would forego of using the footers with it would be on top of an active platform to avoid breaking the feedback loop.

So yes Minus-K -> Daiza including its footers -> brass cones -> turntable would give you reliable results.

On 20x18" it would just about fit but leaves no room for manoeuvring, I would suggest a custom cut size for that which we still don't charge extra for, but we cannot take custom cut sizes back should you not like it.

Emile.

Wrm57

Oct 30, 2012
I would still use the supplied Daiza footers, the only scenario where you would forego of using the footers with it would be on top of an active platform to avoid breaking the feedback loop.

So yes Minus-K -> Daiza including its footers -> brass cones -> turntable would give you reliable results.

On 20x18" it would just about fit but leaves no room for manoeuvring, I would suggest a custom cut size for that which we still don't charge extra for, but we cannot take custom cut sizes back should you not like it.

Excellent info, Emile. I'll reach out by email to get this going. Thanks!

Bill

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
I didn't see in any post but what is the optimum/maximum weight load of the daiza platforms?
1 platform for up to 70 pounds?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I didn't see in any post but what is the optimum/maximum weight load of the daiza platforms?
1 platform for up to 70 pounds?

I have Soulution 225lb 700 monos on the Diaza. Also had my Pilium 275lb Achilles stereo amp on a Diaza. Also several other 200lb pieces on Diazas.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
how about the footers both top and bottom?

That was applied on the footers as the weakest link. The 0.5mm is reduced height after application as the rounding at the underside of the footer is flattened. So that 12 ton pressure actually exceeds the 250 tonnes / cm2 which is used to form the material. I would expect stronger deformation when that kind of pressure is applied on the horizontal plane but that would not be a likely scenario to happen.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
That was applied on the footers as the weakest link. The 0.5mm is reduced height after application as the rounding at the underside of the footer is flattened. So that 12 ton pressure actually exceeds the 250 tonnes / cm2 which is used to form the material. I would expect stronger deformation when that kind of pressure is applied on the horizontal plane but that would not be a likely scenario to happen.

i guess that means no hifi relevance to a weight limit.;)

Wrm57

Oct 30, 2012
Thought I'd update the forum on my Daiza progress. For a couple weeks now I've been listening to one between a Brinkmann Oasis and an Adona multi-element shelf, and I'm very pleased with the sound: detailed without being harsh, balanced top to bottom, with improved resolution, clarity and space compared to placement directly on the Adona shelf. So now I've ordered a larger, custom cut to place between my coming Artisan Fidelity SP10R and Minus-K.

Many thanks to Emile for all the help, both before and after the purchase. Superb customer service.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
What about use of the Daiza's as Speaker Platforms? I was curious, in particular, how they would perform with a design such as Boenickes Swing Base, which suspends the rear of the speaker on cables and the front on a ball bearing. The concept in their words:

Our SwingBase® (patent pending) allows your components and speakers to move in the horizontal plane with as little friction as possible while offering extremely simple height adjustment. There are many other products on the market, most of them using “isolating” ball bearings (or springs). Since a ball rests on its adjacent surface on a theoretically infinitely small area, either the ball or the surface it sits on inevitably deforms to a certain degree, even under little weight. That clearly compromises the construction‘s effectiveness. Bear in mind: Horizontal friction must be as low as possible!
Our SwingBase® is totally different. Your components will be suspended in free air, held by thin and flexible steel-ropes, pre- senting virtually zero resistance to relative movements, even under heavy loads up to 280 kg*.

Is this method complimentary to what the Daiaz is doing, or would they be working at cross purposes? boenicke-audio-w8-finish-ash-finish-model-se-[3]-10994-p[ekm]320x319[ekm].jpg Unknown.jpeg

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
What about use of the Daiza's as Speaker Platforms? I was curious, in particular, how they would perform with a design such as Boenickes Swing Base, which suspends the rear of the speaker on cables and the front on a ball bearing. The concept in their words:

Is this method complimentary to what the Daiaz is doing, or would they be working at cross purposes?

It will absorb some cup to floor ringing which might be positive. But Boenicke is definitely in the "including material resonant behaviour into the speaker voicing" camp so it may alter that voicing. I generally do not recommend using Daizas for that type of product.

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
Could you put the Daiza and its feet directly on,
1) marble flooring laid over concrete, as I live in a high rise apartment?
2) parquet flooring laid over concrete, as above?
3) on the shelves of a wooden rack (Box Furniture)?
Thank you.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Could you put the Daiza and its feet directly on,
1) marble flooring laid over concrete, as I live in a high rise apartment?
2) parquet flooring laid over concrete, as above?
3) on the shelves of a wooden rack (Box Furniture)?
Thank you.
I will let Emile give the absolute answer, BUT I have found, owning 27 of the platforms that as long as they sit on a hard surface, wood, marble, granite, whatever and NOT carpet or a soft surface they work as intended.

shaned

Nov 7, 2019
In the process of upgrading my Amp and streamer to an updated Evo, have been thinking of getting Daiza's to improve the sound for all of them. Seems like that is the best way to go. If I do is there any particular order in what I should do first whether its TT to Amp or Amp to TT, I will be getting one for the Upgraded SGM 2015 anyway.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
In the process of upgrading my Amp and streamer to an updated Evo, have been thinking of getting Daiza's to improve the sound for all of them. Seems like that is the best way to go. If I do is there any particular order in what I should do first whether its TT to Amp or Amp to TT, I will be getting one for the Upgraded SGM 2015 anyway.

I would focus on equipment with metal cases, prioritize anything made out of aluminium.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
DAIZA Power~!!!!

KakaoTalk_20201118_130642638.png

Korean audiophiles who ordered DAIZA were all highly satisfied with it and DAIZA is the most famous vib control platform

in Korea.

By DAIZA power, Korean vib engineers did like upper picture.

The engineer wrote he didn't get Panzerholtz, but DAIZA imprinting know-how is less than his platform.

No Panzerholtz and Stupid Spiral Imprinting..... Result "I win"

This is Korean HI FI market.

They never understand worldwide masterpieces and they said their products are the best.

Although I'm Korean, I'm very ashamed and sorry to Taiko Audio.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing