Taiko Audio Extreme Music Server

Someone I know has bought a Horizon and an used Taiko. Now is trying to make them work together.

My closest audio buddy who has an exact same combination (Horizon and Taiko, both bough in 2022), never had those problems.

Someone I know has bought a Horizon and an used Taiko. Now is trying to make them work together.

My closest audio buddy who has an exact same combination (Horizon and Taiko, both bough in 2022), never had those problems.
Shoot a message to support@taikoaudio.com and we can take a look.
We have a custom Taiko USB driver, that is pre-configured to support the Horizon. Might well be that this used machine does not have it (yet).
As you say, Extreme + Horizon is a proven combination.

I would like to share with you my recent experience with the acquisition of an extreme Taiko server. I'm in the process of upgrading my system to what I consider to be my end-game system. I have a pair of Sasha DAW and a CH Precision M1.1 amp that are here to stay. I don't have a preamp. I made the choice not to disperse myself (i.e. my financial resources) and to concentrate on strictly digital listening. I have a DCS Bartok with Quboz, and I use the DCS volume control. I started upgrading my digital sources by acquiring an Extreme Taiko, which has now been installed in my system for two weeks. I bypassed the Bartok's streamer section, taking the Taiko out via USB - I've just acquired a MUON2 USB cable - to the Bartok's USB input. What a shock! I had no idea that the server could have such an influence on sound quality. I realize to what extent the Bartok was/is the bottleneck in my system - I can't say the weakest link, that's not what I think of the Bartok. The music flows more fluidly, the instruments stand out more, the soundstage has opened up in all directions, in short, a real revelation. I'm still doing comparative tests between XDMS and Roon, but what I can say at this stage is that the Extreme is a marvel, and I'm really delighted with this acquisition. I also realize that the M1.1 and the Sasha DAW are great gears.The next step in my upgrade path is the DAC, I'm still hesitating between Lampizator (Poseidon or Horizon) and the MDP-8. I will take the time to listen to both of them in the next months.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu