Taiko Audio XDMS - Extreme Direct Music Server Software

In my system, the SQ improvements with the latest version of XDMS are absolutely stunning. The immediacy, the separation of voices and instruments, the blackness of the background, and the exquisitely defined low end, all are by far the best I have ever heard.

Kudos to Ed and the XDMS development team.
Ed fixed the back end issues I was having after trying to upgrade to the latest, and now I've been rolling with it for the last day. Holy crap, it's a very significant SQ uptick, indeed! The music's gestalt is up several notches - - just so much more "real" feeling. More spatial 3D palpability with full, natural specificity of placement and interaction. Bass seems better defined, and harmonics are fuller sounding, but not at all exaggerated, and all of this fuller sound doesn't come with any sacrifice in speed or PRAT. Percussion is very immediate, piano strikes deliver a fast, well-defined quality that delivers all of the felt + percussion on the string. Lovely. This is several notches higher in "believability", IME.

For digital sources, in a market which is for a large part focused on box count/appearance/weight, this is a particular difficult aspect to bring to people’s attention.
You know more than me. But I believe people are becoming more aware the importance of software. Roon and Roon upgrades has opened many people eyes to the value of software.

Have you seen what AI developers are earning. $1M salary. And tbey bounce from company to company every year to catch the sign on package.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing