Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Right now the toggle in the app isn’t functional but Ed thinks he found the issue.
there is a temporary fix for the which Ed showed me yesterday but the fix works only until you stop using the app and when you come back to open the app you have to start over. PITA but it definitely worked for me yesterday where I could toggle to hear Roon (which BTW sounds really good)

the button always worked Kris. My comment was that I had it on default while using XDMS and IIRC myself and 2nd Liner preferred default. Yesterday I decided to listen to "alternative " with XDMS and I was shocked at how much better it now sounded
I think alternative has a definite uptick...Have not gone back to default yet but this is my initial impression...

Reactions: Steve Williams
there is a temporary fix for the which Ed showed me yesterday but the fix works only until you stop using the app and when you come back to open the app you have to start over. PITA but it definitely worked for me yesterday where I could toggle to hear Roon (which BTW sounds really good)
Roon (and yes it does sound good) has more heft to it, where NSM has a more airiness/lighter breath, more natural tonality...

Roon (and yes it does sound good) has more heft to it, where NSM has a more airiness/lighter breath, more natural tonality...
I continue to prefer NSM and in my system I would say I hear the opposite to what you hear re Roon and NSM, but it is all system specific. I can likely justify the difference in our sound due to different tube kits used in our Horizons

I continue to prefer NSM and in my system I would say I hear the opposite to what you hear re Roon and NSM, but it is all system specific. I can likely justify the difference in our sound due to different tube kits used in our Horizons
What a perfect example to illustrate system specifics and as to how presentation may differ...Fascinating!

We have “no“ toggle switch to go back and forth between Roon and XDMS like we use too. We can’t even access the page - produces spinning wheel - transpired after XDMS update some time ago. Tidal doesn’t play on NSM (Taiko waiting on certification). So we don’t have access to all the Extreme can deliver. Like some others we’re stuck on Roon until our Extreme/XDMS/NSM is repaired.

What a perfect example to illustrate system specifics and as to how presentation may differ...Fascinating!
I'm convinced it is the tube sets we use....for instance I believe the c3gs with the Valvo recti adds so much detail to my sound along with the SRS551 power tubes

Reactions: ctydwn
Re xdms/Roon switching, This is helpful to know, so I’ll be sure not to touch the toggle until I hear it’s working again!

We have “no“ toggle switch to go back and forth between Roon and XDMS like we use too. We can’t even access the page - produces spinning wheel - transpired after XDMS update some time ago. Tidal doesn’t play on NSM (Taiko waiting on certification). So we don’t have access to all the Extreme can deliver. Like some others we’re stuck on Roon until our Extreme/XDMS/NSM is repaired.

If you reboot the Extreme you will have access to NSM since that’s what it defaults to upon start up.

Reactions: wil
It’s very easy to restore the toggle switch

but once restored you cannot exit the app or you’ll lose it again

VNC in. Go to taskmaster and stop scanner.

then restart the Extreme and traction toggle will be there until you close the app. The next build for the control app should have the patch for this problem

Reactions: 2ndLiner and John T
It’s very easy to restore the toggle switch

but once restored you cannot exit the app or you’ll lose it again

VNC in. Go to taskmaster and stop scanner.

then restart the Extreme and traction toggle will be there until you close the app. The next build for the control app should have the patch for this problem

Steve many thanks. However, when I VNC in I don't see “taskmaster”. What I see is my IP address and I double click on it. Then just a bunch of stuff I’m afraid to touch. o_O

Do you happen to have a photo of how to get to taskmaster? It’s probably there starring me in the face, but?

Steve many thanks. However, when I VNC in I don't see “taskmaster”. What I see is my IP address and I double click on it. Then just a bunch of stuff I’m afraid to touch. o_O

Do you happen to have a photo of how to get to taskmaster? It’s probably there starring me in the face, but?

there is no taskmaster. It is called task manager. If you right click on the task bar it comes up in the context menu. Click on task manager and stop the services XDMS player and XDMS server. Then close the task manager and run Roon. You can then go to your tablet and Roon should be running.

Reactions: Doc76
there is no taskmaster. It is called task manager. If you right click on the task bar it comes up in the context menu. Click on task manager and stop the services XDMS player and XDMS server. Then close the task manager and run Roon. You can then go to your tablet and Roon should be running.
my dumb mistake. Indeed it’s task manager at bottom left of extreme desktop. Right click on the icon there. You have to stop “scanner”

my dumb mistake. Indeed it’s task manager at bottom left of extreme desktop. Right click on the icon there. You have to stop “scanner”

You are excused being a MAC guy!

• Haha
Reactions: Armsan
All I want for Christmas is... a Roon toggle switch that works (so I can finally install NSM).
All I’ve done is disable scanner and then restart Extreme but all moot as next build will have a patch for this
Indeed, I've yet to test it but the next build (2.3.5) contains a fix!

• Love

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing