Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
66m2, but we’re moving to a larger place soon.
Wow, congratulations! Are you moving from your current location? Or are you just building a larger listening space in your current facility?
What is the LxW of your 66m2 space and how big will your new space be (LxW)?

QSA-LANEDRI

Industry Expert
Dec 17, 2018
Belgium
I have a question on which roon output to select on the SGM Extreme. Direct Output, ASIO or the WASAPI? I am using the Chord Mscaler/Dave toward the D'Agostino pream/amp.

Thanks,
Anas

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
I received my Finisar SFPs this afternoon and have been listening with a pair in my OpticalModule and Extreme. I agree with CK‘s recommendation — quieter, very resolving, a very sinewy and lithe presentation with lots of drive and snap when the music calls for it. Otherwise, a very deep, quiet and languid backdrop to slow, contemplative pieces.

I like these very much so far and for roughly $10USD a piece, a real bargain. My new favorite SFP.

Steve Z

ray-dude

Dec 8, 2019
I received my Finisar SFPs yesterday and finally had a listen today. I echo Steve's experience. Toward the end of the day I went back to the optical NIC in my Extreme for the first time since the Great Disruption. Too soon to say anything conclusive, but better than I remember with the Planet Tech. I'll do some more critical listen tomorrow

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Wow, congratulations! Are you moving from your current location? Or are you just building a larger listening space in your current facility?
What is the LxW of your 66m2 space and how big will your new space be (LxW)?

Moving to a new facility, I have not completely decided yet, I have 6*16.5*16.5 meter available for listening spaces, probably 5*8*13, or slightly smaller like 4.3*7*11.3, and something around 3*5*8. The current space is 3.7*5.65*11.8.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Congrats Emile! They look imposing indeed. Looking forward to your impression on how they sound and comparing them to the Focal ones ;)

I was already using the Alsyvox Botticelli in that space, so it’s mainly moving from a 3-way to a 5-way with a larger sfa on the midrange / woofer / subwoofer.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I agree with Ray and Steve on the Finisar SFPs. The purity that comes through with these is something to behold. They revealed a coloration in the Planet Tech SFPs that was most evident in sibilance. Big thanks to CK for the recommendation.

heebrog

May 12, 2018
Perth, WA
Hi All,

Is it safe to proceed with the latest Roon update?

My Tidal favourites are not loading with my current 1.7 (537) build.

G

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Hi All,

Is it safe to proceed with the latest Roon update?

My Tidal favourites are not loading with my current 1.7 (537) build.

G

i asked Emile earlier and he said yes

Reactions: heebrog

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I agree with Ray and Steve on the Finisar SFPs. The purity that comes through with these is something to behold. They revealed a coloration in the Planet Tech SFPs that was most evident in sibilance. Big thanks to CK for the recommendation.

I have a few on their way too.

Reactions: kennyb123

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I'm testing Sablon Audio Elite USB cable with SGM Extreme and my DV SDE.

I have test about 20 USB cables.

Among them, Mark's Elite USB is the best.

Very amazing thing is Elite USB 1m price is just $ 750 (not included shipping fee)

Elite USB test was started before 1 hours~!!!

No burn-in, but very awesome~!!!!!!

After full burn-in, I'll post my final opinion about Elite USB.

As my anticiaption, Elite USB will be the best USB cable in the world.

P1010048.JPG

P1010049.JPG

P1010050.JPG

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Esotar, that was a pleasant surprise and I very much appreciate your endorsement. I think you may personally have evaluated all of the best usb cables in the marketplace? Anyhow, I hope you also enjoy the ethernet cable Fedex are collecting today. Just for info, the price you quoted actually includes worldwide delivery.

Apologies for the diversion, let’s get back to Extreme....

Last edited:

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015

Very amazing thing is Elite USB 1m price is just $ 750 (not included shipping fee)

View attachment 65880

View attachment 65881

View attachment 65882
With which other USBs did you compare it?

Kris

Mar 4, 2019

View attachment 65880

View attachment 65881

View attachment 65882

Thank you Esotar.
many here have Intona Ultimate.
Could you please be so kind to let us know how this new Sablon
is different from already great Intona ultimate ?
thank you !

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I have Light Harmonic 20G DIGITUS Labs Edition (20G DE), 20G DE Silver Signature, Intona Ultimate now.

And I had Entreq Atlantis USB set, Apollo USB set, Skogrand Beethoven USB, and Goebel High End Lacorde Statement USB.

I let you know my opinions about upper cables.

20G DE USB : 11.6 Gb/s Super Speed & Reclocking by Custom Femto Clock, Signal loss amount is very small, but texture is weak.

20G DE Silver Sig : 14.5Gb/s world no.1 bandwidth in the world & two Femto Clocks reclocking, Signal loss amount is the smallest,
Texture is not bad, but not enough

Intona Ultimate : Signal loss is small & texture is good but it has no the best features.

Entreq series : Texture is awesome, but bandwidth is the worst. Not recommendation.

Skogrand Beethoven USB : The King of USB cables I have tested. Resolution and texture are all awesome, but crazy price.

Goebel High End USB : Texture is very good, but connectors are too heavy so DAC USB port can be broken. Too much dark. I don't like it.

Elite USB : I received it before 5 hours. I can't tell anything about Elite USB.
As my thought, if full burn-in is done, Elite USB will be ranked Top 5 in all USB features.
In addition Elite USB price is very cheap, no rivals.

P1010051.JPG

P1010052.JPG

In case of Trinity DAC, Skogrand Beethoven is no.1. (Elite USB connection sound is nervous.)

But my main DAC is DIGITUS Labs and LH's co-developed DAC [Da Vinci Sire DIGITUS Labs Edition].

In case of DV SDE, Elite USB is good combination.

I think Elite USB will be fantastic with Select II.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
@Esotar, see how you feel after a few days of burn in. It's a brand new cable which only arrived today and will need 100+ hrs to stabilise.

Every hour, sound is natural more and more.

After 100 hours, SGM Extreme - Elite USB - DV SDE sound will be close to my ideal goal.

I believe it~!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing