Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Yes, I think we are saying the same thing. The Taiko Router would have to be connected to the Eero as there is no way I can hardwire the Taiko Router to the main router in my setup.
So in my diagram, the Taiko Router is wired to the Eero. Eero is getting all data wirelessly from the Eero connected to the modem.
Would this cancel out most of the benefits?

This is what I have now, I would just be inserting the Taiko Router between the Eero and the Taiko Switch.

It looks like the Extreme would not be isolated from the Apple TV which would reduce the advantages of having an audio-only network.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Perhaps this is more clear, in the "OLD situation" all networked devices in your home are connected to the same network, all of them tend to create continuous activity. In the "NEW situation" we add a second router and Wi-Fi Access Point to create an entirely new network, your home network becomes the "internet" for this second network. This setup has 2 benefits:

1) It is unaffected by the activity generated by all of our home networked devices
2) We have a high degree of control over the activity which is left on this network

View attachment 108058
Yes but are you saying that the Taiko Router must be hardwired to the main modem/router for optimal SQ, or connecting via a Wifi satellite is not going to compromise SQ?

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
It looks like the Extreme would not be isolated from the Apple TV which would reduce the advantages of having an audio-only network.
Yes, but I'm also interested in the SQ improvement on the Apple TV, which I noticed from the network card and switch. My Apple TV is the "X", so it has significantly lower noise and jitter (the inventor also owns an Extreme) than a stock ATV.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Yes, but I'm also interested in the SQ improvement on the Apple TV, which I noticed from the network card and switch. My Apple TV is the "X", so it has significantly lower noise and jitter (the inventor also owns an Extreme) than a stock ATV.

I understand why you want to do that but it will have an effect on the audio side. That’s all I am saying.

Reactions: Armsan

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
Yes but are you saying that the Taiko Router must be hardwired to the main modem/router for optimal SQ, or connecting via a Wifi satellite is not going to compromise SQ?
If I put a switch between my modem and the Taiko router will I compromise SQ?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
If I put a switch between my modem and the Taiko router will I compromise SQ?
My two cents is you won't know until you try it. My guess is that once the signal gets to the Taiko router and then to the Taiko switch card, they will take care of any slight noise that was picked up with the switch.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Wi-Fi sattelite (Eero) - Taiko router - Taiko switch - Extreme and an additional AP connected to the Taiko Router for remote control purposes.

Reactions: CKKeung

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
If I play local files from a NAS, the NAS will connect to Taiko router. Will it compromise sound quality?

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
Indeed, but you could power off the ATV X while listening to music.
Looks like it's time for Christiaan to create a new FAQ! That said, since we're guys, there's no guarantee that we'll RTFM!

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I need some input: I installed the new card, had to move a few things to make a 1M DAC cable work. I reached out to Support. XDMS nor Roon is being detected, does the script/driver need to be downloaded/installed for the new card to work?

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
No, you'll have 2 Wi-Fi networks, one for your Hi-Fi, one for the rest of the house. You can either switch your remote control device between the two when you are listening to music, or get a second remote control device for audio only.
Actually, it seems you may have 3 networks. 1) the ISP modem wireless 2) A "mesh" network created by a device such as Orbi/Netgear/other for whole home coverage (created by a LAN from the ISP modem) and 3) the dedicated Taiko Wi-Fi from the Taiko router.

For homes that create a home mesh network or equivalent, turning off the ISP wireless network makes sense (I think).

I presume a single external BPS will be able to power the Extreme, Switch and Router?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I will be connecting my Router to my satellite router in my sound room. I use Wi-Fi to connect from my router on the first floor to my satellite router in my sound room I’ve never had a problem. My switch is hard wired from the satellite by RJ45 and then DAC from switch to Extreme. My router will sit beside my switch and connected to the switch in a similar fashion. Ultimately my router and switch ( which sit on the shelf under my Extreme will be powered by the BPS I plan on following Emile’s recommendation as shown in his schematic. It makes the most sense to me. Less is more. I also like the fact that Taiko will supply an AP for a total system .Oresentky I will be using two separate LPS to power the satellite and switch until BPS becomes available and the LPS will be sold

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
Wi-Fi sattelite (Eero) - Taiko router - Taiko switch - Extreme and an additional AP connected to the Taiko Router for remote control purposes.

Currently I have dedicated for audio ISP service (febre) with modem and Router .
Home is on totally separate Service with its own modem and router.

Could I use just one ISP service, one modem and one router when using Taiko router
and the SQ will be same as on totally separated chains ?

Armsan

Jan 28, 2016
Portugal
I need some input: I installed the new card, had to move a few things to make a 1M DAC cable work. I reached out to Support. XDMS nor Roon is being detected, does the script/driver need to be downloaded/installed for the new card to work?
The network card has a new IP address. Have you discovered it?

Reactions: seatrope

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing