Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

A question for the Taiko team - for people on Roon 1311, is it best for them to do the update to 1353 first and then have the Taiko update done or is this not necessary? Only reason I ask is because that is what I did, and everything works perfectly (and sounds awesome!).

That would indeed be better. The update only seems to fails for a small percentage of people so if you do it before and it does fail it can be fixed by the support team while applying the update.

Reactions: oldmustang
Goodmorning all, we have resumed the Extreme Server update process!

Reactions: simorag
A question for the Taiko team - for people on Roon 1311, is it best for them to do the update to 1353 first and then have the Taiko update done or is this not necessary? Only reason I ask is because that is what I did, and everything works perfectly (and sounds awesome!).
OK, to be very exact, I actually viewed the programs with the older Windows method.
- click Start > Scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel
- Now select Programs > Programs and Features
- in this view, click once on Roon Server. You should see an Uninstall button
- Click Uninstall, then the pop up should come up asking if you want to remove the entry.
Made. Clutter bothers me too, if it can be avoided.
Thank you

But afterwards you don’t allow I thought So confusing
The Document you refer to is probably an earlier version that precedes the fix we carry out and the Roon/XDMS tweaks installation. We now recommend keeping them on and staying up to date. We will fix any issues that may arise. Meanwhile, we're working on a permanent fix.

While it can help to turn off automatic updates to postpone potential issues, it does not cure the problem. And if you want to update to 1353 from an older version, updates need to be allowed (at least temporarily).

The latest version of the doc is attached below.

Attachments

• Fixing Roon Missing USB Output_V5.pdf
    292.2 KB · Views: 29
For XDMS Users with 27 Apr Cumulative Update

Quick summary of the sequence is

1) Reboot Extreme

2) Start Roon as a Foreground Application using the roon Shortcut on the dektop

3) Start a Roon Remote and go to Settings, About, Gearwheel and turn off Auto install of updates

4) Install latest 13533 Updates to both Remotte PC or MAC

5) Place the zip file on the Extreme Desktop, and unzip

6) Import new ProcessLasso profile

7) Run PowerShell script
Points 5,6 and 7 correspond to part of the Extreme Operating System update that Taiko staff has to do or is independent. If it is the second case, where can I find the zip to update Process Lasso? I attach a picture of my current version of ProcessLasso in case it needs to be updated.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.png
    IMG_0549.png
    293 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Points 5,6 and 7 correspond to part of the Extreme Operating System update that Taiko staff has to do or is independent. If it is the second case, how can I get the Zip to update PrecessLasso? I attach a picture of my current version of ProcessLasso in case it needs to be updated.

Yes, that part is our internal procedure, please disregard.

Reactions: nonesup
Christiaan,

Just one little extra observation for those who DIY following your excellent document.
- after the update, if you go into Start > (gear) > Apps
- at least on my system, I now see an entry for Roon (1353), and a stale entry for RoonServer (1311)
- when I tried to uninstall RoonServer, Windows told me it was no longer present, and I had an option to delete the entry
- I tried a reboot to see if that would automatically clean it up, but it didn't
- so I went ahead and removed that stale RoonServer entry.

All in all, this is a nothing-burger. It just seems that when Roon's updater ran, it correctly uninstalled the old RoonServer 1311 package, but didn't do the final cleanup step to remove the RoonServer entry from the Windows app list.

It probably doesn't matter to 99% of users, except those slightly OCD people like me who hate a mess!
Indeed, I have also seen this on occasion. This is corrected after a later Roon update. Since recently, a Roon install or update installs both the server (as it always did) as well as the player component and other Roon software. That is the second component that you see. The current correct builds are 1353 for Roon and 1311 for RoonServer. So, they need not be the same.

Update availability announcement for all Extreme servers:

Khyle, Ed (if available) and Christiaan will be handling most of the upgrades today/tomorrow, I'll be headed off to a Sting concert in Germany later today but will return for the weekend to personally upgrade as many systems as possible, I'm confident we'll have most people up to date before next week.
I'm really excited about the reports of the new update. However, this weekend, I am not able to do it. I suppose there is no problem with sending the email next Monday?

I'm really excited about the reports of the new update. However, this weekend, I am not able to do it. I suppose there is no problem with sending the email next Monday?
No problem, you can request it at any time and we will do the install as soon as we can.

Reactions: Taiko Audio
8 hours of listening yesterday with Roon. I was baking bread so don't picture me just sitting there drooling for all that time! Enough adjectives have been thrown around, just beautiful!
Up at the crack of dawn, today it will be XDMS. As I peck and sip on my coffee Cat Power Sings Dylan: The 1966 Royal Albert Hall Concert is playing. Fruitless to compare at this juncture, BUT just lovely...
BTW the Italian Rustic Bread (13 loafs) came out great, living in this neck of the woods you better be self sufficient...As long as its not software related!! Have fun fellas...

Christian/Emile,,

I guess now that even Steve has gone to the Roon dark side, I’ll be one of the last willing holdouts not using Roon - at least until the beta version of XDMS and/or its new successor come out.

However, It appears that the update that addresses the Roon latest headaches also results in significant improvements to XDMS.

If this is correct, is it advisable for me then to request the update in order to enjoy the associated XDMS improvements, even though I don’t plan to use Roon in the immediate future?

Thanks

Christian/Emile,,

I guess now that even Steve has gone to the Roon dark side, I’ll be one of the last willing holdouts not using Roon - at least until the beta version of XDMS and/or its new successor come out.

However, It appears that the update that addresses the Roon latest headaches also results in significant improvements to XDMS.

If this is correct, is it advisable for me then to request the update in order to enjoy the associated XDMS improvements, even though I don’t plan to use Roon in the immediate future?

Thanks
I also use exclusively XDMS. Emile was so kind to do the update… and let‘s say: I quite like what it does! ;)

Christian/Emile,,

Thanks

Hi Carlos,

That is correct, this update includes some adjustments for better XDMS performance I had been working on for a longer period of time already. This was going to be part of a future XDMS update package but since we had to apply an update for Roon now anyway we’ve included both in the upgrade package.

So this update includes improvements for both Roon and XDMS..

Hi Carlos,

That is correct, this update includes some adjustments for better XDMS performance I had been working on for a longer period of time already. This was going to be part of a future XDMS update package but since we had to apply an update for Roon now anyway we’ve included both in the upgrade package.

So this update includes improvements for both Roon and XDMS..
Thank you Emile.

Perfect. I’ll make the request when I return home on Monday.

Thank you again for everything the Taiko team does.

Kindest regards,

Mail sent. Waited 5 minutes. In 4 the job was done. Emile, the MAN himself, performed the task.
XDMS only user. This is a true step up in SQ. Not just a flavour, like the ones you listen when you change, for instance, a cable in your system and, you choose one and I pick another because, we all are different.
Now the music I play is closer to the record event.
Bravo Emile and Taiko Team.
Thank you very much.

Christian/Emile,,

Thanks
If I'm the Steve, I have not gone to the dark side o_O. I did the Roon update because a pst by Emile in the past few days suggested that doing the Roon patch will also favorably improve the sonics of XDMS. I have been all in with Taiko starting with the very first alpha version of TAS when Emile installed it on my computer. I j=knew that Taiko was onto something good and at that tie I was virtually all analogue, but with he start of TAS I began to love what I was hearing with the promise of even better to come. Well along comes TAS which is now on build 81 and a scanner that is version 93 but with each new build one cans the infrastructure growing around everything Taiko and I'm all in and just loving the sound with each new Taiko toy addition. So no if I am the Steve, I have not gone to the dark side at all but am 100% committed to Taiko and with that said NSM is I the near future followed by what I feel is end game for me, namely the BPS.:)

Mail sent. Waited 5 minutes. In 4 the job was done. Emile, the MAN himself, performed the task.
XDMS only user. This is a true step up in SQ. Not just a flavour, like the ones you listen when you change, for instance, a cable in your system and, you choose one and I pick another because, we all are different.
Now the music I play is closer to the record event.
Bravo Emile and Taiko Team.
Thank you very much.
IIRC, Emile also posted that the Roon patch that also creates an improvement in SQ to XDMS on the level that NSM was to provide....so as we sit and wait for NSM, I am once again blown away by how much better XDMS sounds

If I'm the Steve, I have not gone to the dark side o_O. I did the Roon update because a pst by Emile in the past few days suggested that doing the Roon patch will also favorably improve the sonics of XDMS. I have been all in with Taiko starting with the very first alpha version of TAS when Emile installed it on my computer. I j=knew that Taiko was onto something good and at that tie I was virtually all analogue, but with he start of TAS I began to love what I was hearing with the promise of even better to come. Well along comes TAS which is now on build 81 and a scanner that is version 93 but with each new build one cans the infrastructure growing around everything Taiko and I'm all in and just loving the sound with each new Taiko toy addition. So no if I am the Steve, I have not gone to the dark side at all but am 100% committed to Taiko and with that said NSM is I the near future followed by what I feel is end game for me, namely the BPS.:)
Save this "end game" post and see if in 2026 it was the "end game":p

The Taiko Train will be rolling for a long time!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing