Taiko Audio XDMS - Extreme Direct Music Server Software

Understood, Bob. But @wil is unable to log onto Qobuz the first time after his initial update to NSM. That is the problem I am addressing.

Steve Z
One other trick I learned from Ed today... I couldn't log back on through my ipad into Qboz. Would not recognize my credentials. Had to go to my laptop install latest XDMS from Testflight and then use the method @oldmustang suggested on my MacBook.

Worked, and as I mentioned in the other Olympus thread, NSM streaming flawlessly again. Same volume level and incredible sound. Thank u to Ed and Team Taiko for the quick fix.

Last edited:
I had tried that, but when the stuttering started, they paused Qobuz a day or two ago. Then even the Qobuz symbol would not work to give you the Qobuz login screen.

It might work now for him. Let him try it. It would not work yesterday as they had shut off Qobuz temporarily with the issues.

Wil, tell us if it worked when you try it.
I just tried again. Qobuz is logged out. I was able to get music started somehow, though. But it was stuttering as described above. I’ll contact support!

I just tried again. Qobuz is logged out. I was able to get music started somehow, though. But it was stuttering as described above. I’ll contact support!
Yes. Now that you have NSM kind of working there is a patch issued today that addresses the stuttering issue. Taiko support can install it for you.

Steve Z

Are NSM installs back on? I was told to wait last week.

The WVL Chicago (dipole with field coil) speaker's crossover board: there are 4 pairs of jumper settings for the midrange transducer (1 being the loudest and 4 being the softest; I moved the jumpers from position 2 to position 3; that change meshed better with the TW jumper setting (bridged, louder, which I use; unbridged, softer), enhancing the very big improvement of NSM.

Ok so you reduced the volume of the midrange, that is very interesting, the website doesn't show the crossover frequencies but I'd guess somewhere around a 600-3000 range, do you happen to know?

Are NSM installs back on? I was told to wait last week.
Yes NSM installs are back on. If you already sent a request email to support then they will get to you.

Reactions: Christiaan Punter
Thank you. It does indeed look like you’re selecting different resistor values, aka adjust volume. It’s very interesting that reducing your midrange level with actual decibels has a positive effect as obviously the output frequency response has not changed. Indicating a more relaxed / cleaner top end due to lower noise / less digital grain allowing it to play at higher levels relative to your midrange. Atleast that would be my working theory :)

From my understanding, the stuttering issue has been corrected via a patch for Qobuz users, but not for Tidal since their certification is not complete.
So for us Tidal users we have 2 options
Go over to Qobuz and NSM
Keep Tidal and revert to Roon until certification is complete.
The stuttering is intermittent, seems like certain files are ok and some aren't.

Trying to join Qobuz and the stupid email verification code doesn't work

Thank you. It does indeed look like you’re selecting different resistor values, aka adjust volume. It’s very interesting that reducing your midrange level with actual decibels has a positive effect as obviously the output frequency response has not changed. Indicating a more relaxed / cleaner top end due to lower noise / less digital grain allowing it to play at higher levels relative to your midrange. Atleast that would be my working theory :)
Spot on re the reduced noise floor. Nothing is cast in stone - the settings may be changed with Olympus and I/O. Thanks

Reactions: Taiko Audio
OK!. Thanks to Ed, I was able to get Qobuz straightened out with a new account.
I am up and running again.
Qobuz and NSM are fantastic!

OK!. Thanks to Ed, I was able to get Qobuz straightened out with a new account.
I am up and running again.
Qobuz and NSM are fantastic!
I'm waiting on the patch. I suspect Ed is quite busy along with others with Taiko, I can get lost in these files for some time! Happy to hear your now up and running with Qobuz...

Reactions: DW101
I got a surprise Christmas present, when Ed messaged me at 7.30am Christmas day (Europe time) requesting a team viewer session to install NSM. The installation has fixed some issues I was experiencing plus I am enjoying the noticeable improvement that NSM offers. Taiko support continues to exceed expectations and I hope Ed got some rest on Christmas day!

Significant SQ step up with XDMS-NSM December backend update, not a flavour thing. Independently from each one’s ears/system/room it gets us closer to the recording venue. Bravo Ed and software Taiko Team. Thank You all. It was a fun and knowledgeable year.
Happy New Year and keep up the excellent work.

Significant SQ step up with XDMS-NSM December backend update, not a flavour thing. Independently from each one’s ears/system/room it gets us closer to the recording venue. Bravo Ed and software Taiko Team. Thank You all. It was a fun and knowledgeable year.
Happy New Year and keep up the excellent work.
Maybe it is just me and/or my system but I am not hearing any sonic changes with this backend update:eek:

I couldn’t leave 2023 without requesting the NSM update via xdms@taikoaudio.com.
A new year, a new sound and health and happiness to all at WBF.

Blue58

Maybe it is just me and/or my system but I am not hearing any sonic changes with this backend update:eek:
I looked at the list of things the latest backends updates, .5 and .6, address and they are apparently all UI type fixes.

Why would we be expecting sound quality changes?

I looked at the list of things the latest backends updates, .5 and .6, address and they are apparently all UI type fixes.

I wondered as I read one member noticed a big sonic improvement with the recent back end patch which I didn't and wondered if there was an issue with my system or the update

I wondered as I read one member noticed a big sonic improvement with the recent back end patch which I didn't and wondered if there was an issue with my system or the update
I saw that too Steve...I Noticed no uptick...

2.3.5 and 2.3.6 are control app updates, not backend.

Reactions: oldmustang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing