Taiko Audio XDMS - Extreme Direct Music Server Software

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Several problems -- getting from the test streaming aggregator to the production streaming aggregator to get the increased capacity for alpha testing, and also a problem with the streaming aggregator delivering corrupted high-res streams. Both of which are partially out of Taiko's NSM team hands.

Steve Z
Turned out to be a software library bug which was fixed with a library update and a patch.

XDMS Installs are going ahead again

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Turned out to be a software library bug which was fixed with a library update and a patch.

XDMS Installs are going ahead again
Glad to learn it was able to be fixed in-house.

Steve Z

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Glad to learn it was able to be fixed in-house.

Steve Z
There isn't a bug too big that cannot be squashed by Ed and the Taiko team

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I am all "patched up" and it's NSM is running SMOOTHLY!

Reactions: Christiaan Punter

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob

OOC did you by any chance hear a change in gain
Unfortunately I was patched at 8am this morning and I've been on the phone ever since managing Extreme>>>O/XDMI or I/0 upgrades. Overwhelmed. In a good way.

I also have my amps connected to new speakers that I am breaking in, so I would not really be able to tell anything.

Reactions: Steve Williams

John T

Feb 15, 2022
What was the problem with NSM? I ran it from 5:30am until a little while ago without issue...

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
What was the problem with NSM? I ran it from 5:30am until a little while ago without issue...
It was stuttering on some Quobuz tracks. Files always were fine.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
It was stuttering on some Quobuz tracks. Files always were fine.
Thanks Bob, I noticed that yesterday. Today I was playing all files. Does support need to intervene? BTW those M7's look pretty slick!!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks Bob, I noticed that yesterday. Today I was playing all files. Does support need to intervene?
Yes, if you want to use Qobuz with NSM send an email to support.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Thanks Bob, added a quick edit last post, those M7's look pretty slick!!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks Bob, added a quick edit last post, those M7's look pretty slick!!
Yeah, I have not seen M7s yet, but I am installing the first US customer pair in mid-January. My pair won't show up until the end of Q1, 24.

Reactions: John T

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Are you saying all NSM users need to contact support? I just tried to get onto XDMS for the first time today and cannot get Qobuz to login.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Are you saying all NSM users need to contact support? I just tried to get onto XDMS for the first time today and cannot get Qobuz to login.
Ed should probably answer the question, but I think the answer is yes. If you have NSM then you probably need a patch that Ed or one of the team can do. It only takes a few minutes. Probably best to send an email to support@taikoaudio.com

Reactions: Christiaan Punter

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Ed should probably answer the question, but I think the answer is yes. If you have NSM then you probably need a patch that Ed or one of the team can do. It only takes a few minutes. Probably best to send an email to support@taikoaudio.com
Gerry helped me out when I first installed NSM and Qobuz wouldn't log-in. Click on the small "qobuz" at the bottom left of the mini-player bar. A window should open up prompting you to log into you Qobuz account. I had forgotten all about that. (Tidal log-in not working because Tidal has yet to certify XDMS-NSM for use on their platform).

Steve Z

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Gerry helped me out when I first installed NSM and Qobuz wouldn't log-in. Click on the small "qobuz" at the bottom left of the mini-player bar. A window should open up prompting you to log into you Qobuz account. I had forgotten all about that. (Tidal log-in not working because Tidal has yet to certify XDMS-NSM for use on their platform).

Steve Z
Yes, but this was more than that. The tracks in Qobuz were stuttering. There was a library bug, but the patch fixes it. After the files started stuttering then they shut down Qobuz for a day or two, now it's all good.

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 15.16.40.png

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Yes, but this was more than that. The tracks in Qobuz were stuttering. There was a library bug, but the patch fixes it. After the files started stuttering then they shut down Qobuz for a day or two, now it's all good.
Understood, Bob. But @wil is unable to log onto Qobuz the first time after his initial update to NSM. That is the problem I am addressing.

Steve Z

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I had tried that, but when the stuttering started, they paused Qobuz a day or two ago. Then even the Qobuz symbol would not work to give you the Qobuz login screen.

It might work now for him. Let him try it. It would not work yesterday as they had shut off Qobuz temporarily with the issues.

Wil, tell us if it worked when you try it.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
With NSM now open to
There isn't a bug too big that cannot be squashed by Ed and the Taiko team
I say that in all sincerity because if you didn't like or haven't heard XDMS this really is a good time to have NSM installed. Again for me it's all about the sound and all of the updqtwes we are seeing are those that are as a result of bug squashing. So I can live through the inconvenience of pushing a button which is dead or a button that causes glitches in this alpha build. You can still listen to what you love and what watch the app get better with each build but for SQ I have always felt that "Olympus" is a proper name and means you've reached the pinnacle. I do believe however that XDMI is something to consider for all of the reasons Emile has stated at the end of which is better SQ and again this could be end game. There is no doubt in my mind that NSM will continue to get better but from what I've heard on my system, NSM just sounds better than Roon. Roon was (and is) very good but I think Emile has hit a homer with this but as they say .....YMMV

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing