Tannoy Westminster Demo

Mark Jones

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 9, 2014
They are stupid good, I hope you find a demo. I LOVE those speakers.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Jim Smith of Get Better Sound fame will sometimes invite people over to his house and I think he has Westminsters. But he lives in Cumming, Georgia so I'm not sure how convenient that is for you.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Jim Smith of Get Better Sound fame will sometimes invite people over to his house and I think he has Westminsters. But he lives in Cumming, Georgia so I'm not sure how convenient that is for you.

I think Jim has the Cantebury's and his system is supposed to be excellent. Do a google search. He does invite anyone to hear his system. That is a great place to start. At the very least, you should email him to ask advice.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I think Jim has the Cantebury's and his system is supposed to be excellent. Do a google search. He does invite anyone to hear his system. That is a great place to start. At the very least, you should email him to ask advice.

Oh it was the Canterburys. Well they would give you a good idea.

Mark Jones

Jul 9, 2014
Yes the Canterburys will give you a good idea. The Westies sound the same except for deeper bass and better dynamics, and not just by a little bit. Only issue with them is size and the extra money.

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
Yes the Canterburys will give you a good idea. The Westies sound the same except for deeper bass and better dynamics, and not just by a little bit. Only issue with them is size and the extra money.

When I decided to buy my Canterburys, I chose them over anything else - at any price. Of course, I chose them knowing that I was going to use my RELs and build stands for the Canterburys.

Now that the stands are made, the Duelund x-over bypass mod is in place, and the REL subs are voiced to the Canterburys in my new room, that gulf in performance is even greater (IMO). Of course, new Canterburys, Duelund crossover bypass mods, stands, and subs would probably be more expensive than Westminsters.

However, the Dynamics, Presence & Tone of any Tannoy set up properly is intoxicating musically. Again, IMO. :b

Best,

Jim

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Jim,

Are you the gentleman that uses Canterburys with Duelund XO mods with KR DX amps? I was shown some cool pics by Eunice of that set up and was wondering if it's you.

Mark Jones

Jul 9, 2014
Lovely speakers,

Analog Kid

Sep 17, 2014
I feel the horn bass of the Westminster puts it above any other Tannoys that I have heard. There is just a "rightness" about it that direct radiating woofers don't give me.

The Westminster just plays music, top to bottom, and helps divert audiophiles from technical analysis while they are listening: it's the music that is front and center.

Mark Jones

Jul 9, 2014
I feel the horn bass of the Westminster puts it above any other Tannoys that I have heard. There is just a "rightness" about it that direct radiating woofers don't give me.

The Westminster just plays music, top to bottom, and helps divert audiophiles from technical analysis while they are listening: it's the music that is front and center.

+1

Reactions: Zappadaddy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing