TechDas Air Force One

yeah I'm considering a 10x20 storage locker rental just to store stereo equipment boxes and crates and other related gear no longer used.

I've done this for the past 20 years

I've done this for the past 20 years

i have an attic in the barn (use to be part of the hayloft) where i store all my boxes/crates.

for the MM7 crates i went another direction.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?8311-MM7-s-are-here

since the MM7's came in 14 large wooden crates (the above pictures only show 6 of the beasts)......no way could my attic fit all those crates. i did the math on what it would cost to store the crates for 10 years, and it turned out to be more than buying new crates and shipping them to me. so i 'recycled' the wooden crates. took them apart and dropped them at the transfer station. cost a couple hundred in fees.

btw, it would be a shame to me if paskinn does not continue to post here. i respect his perspective on wooden crates or boxes for ultra high end gear, although i also agree that there are many ways to properly protect gear during shipping. sometimes i see the box protecting gear i've purchased to not look substantial at first glance, but then it turns out to be very well thought out and i'm fine with it. and yet large wooden crates are always appreciated.

i can see how paskinn might view Jack as not being neutral about the Tech Das packing as a dealer, but also know that over time Jack has shown to be quite neutral in commenting about gear he happens to sell or own and his business interests are not a significant part of his participation here. paskinn is relatively new here and would not be fully aware of that.

i look forward to more valuable contributions from paskinn. his exposure to some of the best gear on the planet is valuable.

since the MM7's came in 14 large wooden crates (the above pictures only show 6 of the beasts)......no way could my attic fit all those crates. i did the math on what it would cost to store the crates for 10 years, and it turned out to be more than buying new crates and shipping them to me. so i 'recycled' the wooden crates. took them apart and dropped them at the transfer station. cost a couple hundred in fees.

since my rental would be around $1100.00 per year, based on Ten years, that's a lot of doe. I could see recycling the crates, but component boxes ? Perhaps I should cut all the seams and flatten them out for better storage in the event of sale or being sent in for service the only problem is what to do with the interior cut protecive foam packing. Right now, stacked, they occupy a third of my utility side of the basement.

Didn't an NVS turntable get damaged in a Pelican case when it was shipped to RMAF?

JTinn would have to explain the mode and circumstances surrounding the shipment, but yes, at RMAF 2011 the NVS had suffered a damaged bearing and was making more noise than music until JTinn mercifully took it offline.

:D :D :D :D

i have an attic in the barn (use to be part of the hayloft) where i store all my boxes/crates.

for the MM7 crates i went another direction.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?8311-MM7-s-are-here

Mike, You probably could have given the wood to someone with a fire place for free.:)

Mike, You probably could have given the wood to someone with a fire place for free.:)

anyone who needs firewood is welcome to cut down a few of my trees and haul them away. my property was clear cut and re-planted in the 70's and the trees are now getting too big and blocking my view in some spots. i've been cutting a few every year and it's time again.

a bit yeah. Can you come Saturday afternoon? Jim is coming. Not sure if R.M. is back from vacation but I'll be inviting Sam and Phil too.

I'll say this for now. I had no idea how much more the Lyra Atlas could do. Absolutely no idea AT ALL until now.

a bit yeah. Can you come Saturday afternoon? Jim is coming. Not sure if R.M. is back from vacation but I'll be inviting Sam and Phil too.

I'll say this for now. I had no idea how much more the Lyra Atlas could do. Absolutely no idea AT ALL until now.

Congratulations Jack! I can only imagine till I step into your lair. Looking forward! :)

Excellent! Just Sam and Pareng Rey na lang. Is Rey back Phil?

Okidoki. I'll ask Bogart. I hope he won't be busy Saturday. :)

Excellent! Just Sam and Pareng Rey na lang. Is Rey back Phil?

not yet, jack. pareng rey just emailed me, he's still in the sf bay area. coming home end of this month.

Congratulations, Jack. You'll also find the AF1 showing you new limits to your speakers and amplifiers. The first time, I heard things from my Dragons that I did not realize that the Dragons could do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing