The Best Franco Serblin Designed Loudspeaker?

Mar 8, 2015
Canada
In your opinion, of Franco Serblin's own Sonus Faber designs or those designs for his own company. What was his best speaker?

For me it would have to be the Extremas, speakers way ahead of the amplifiers of the day, but amazing nonetheless.

The Electa Amator and the original Amatis are no slouches either....;)

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Got myself a second pair of Electa Amator 2 as first pair i stupidly sold...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Guarneri takes poll position for me followed by the Ktema

May 30, 2010
Portugal
In your opinion, of Franco Serblin's own Sonus Faber designs or those designs for his own company. What was his best speaker?

For me it would have to be the Extremas, speakers way ahead of the amplifiers of the day, but amazing nonetheless.

The Electa Amator and the original Amatis are no slouches either....;)
The Extrema's, surely. I have owned them but only keep the original Electa Amator with the wood stands and the Guarneri's. :rolleyes:

DeYoung

VIP/Donor
Feb 20, 2019
Stradivari Homage.. Enjoyed them for nearly a decade. I choked up a bit when they were being driven away, hopefully to a good home.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
I think the Extremas with todays SOTA high powered amps would be amazing. Selling these was perhaps my greatest shouldacouldawoulda moment in audio.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing