The Music World Has Lost An Icon-Prince Is Dead

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Been a big Prince fan since a teenager. All of these albums are like time capsules of what you were doing at some point and the memories come flooding back. the song, Baby I'm a Star used to be one of our going out songs back in the day - it was so uplifting and always put us in a good mood before we went out on the town.

You really don't fully appreciate people until they are gone. Very Sad and RIP Prince.

I am celebrating Prince's life by playing all his albums in chronological order over the next few days

]

Nice collection. It appears Crystal Ball, and "The Truth" are missing. Try to get yout hands on these phenomenal recordings right away.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Nice collection. It appears Crystal Ball, and "The Truth" are missing. Try to get yout hands on these phenomenal recordings right away.

thanks. Unfortunately still quite a bit of Prince stuff is not on vinyl. the only prince album that is on vinyl that I don't have is The Railway Children.

I do have Crystal Ball/The Truth, Emancipation, Chaos and Disorder and the Hits "b" sides on CD as they are not on vinyl. Agree Crystal ball/the Truth is excellent. Quadruple and Triple cd's are insane from this prolific song writer.

Praying that HitnRun one & two will be released on vinyl, but not holding my breath.

cheers

26334181580_58632a25ec_b.jpg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Prince's discography ? http://www.allmusic.com/artist/prince-mn0000361393/discography

Quite impressive for a young man (57).

They missed a couple. Slaughterhouse and Planet Earth.

Overall something like 39 albums in 38 years. Including one quadruple and 2 triple cd's. Supposedly got enough material in his vault for another 100 albums at least. I wonder if that is truth or urban legend.

Certainly one of the most prolific songwriters of all time.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Didn't he have a fall out with his label and as a result could not publish records for a while? "The artist formerly known as Prince" period?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
They missed a couple. Slaughterhouse and Planet Earth.

Overall something like 39 albums in 38 years. Including one quadruple and 2 triple cd's. Supposedly got enough material in his vault for another 100 albums at least. I wonder if that is truth or urban legend.

Certainly one of the most prolific songwriters of all time.

It's there:

2007 Planet Earth NPG Records

? http://www.allmusic.com/album/planet-earth-mw0000489062

? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Slaughterhouse

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Didn't he have a fall out with his label and as a result could not publish records for a while? "The artist formerly known as Prince" period?

With Slave - Warner Brothers music record label: http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...e-contractual-controversy-warner-paisley-park

? http://www.goldiesparade.co.uk/new-power-generation/

? http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27081344

It's a strange business the music one. There is so much money involved that the music record companies want to own you, your music.
And like many artist musicians know; they need a check ($) from them money suckers.

And that's why the top/best artist musicians we don't know them...they never prostituted themselves to money suckers.
And don't feel offended by a real world term. :b ...This is the real world we live in ... accommodation and lost of your identity and control of your own affairs.
If you want to survive as a musician, starts your own business. ...Mind survival. ...Because the other way around is the disease of selling your soul.
Too many sick people in this music business...greed and ownership and control and protection and guards and locked vaults and sharks and bandits.

Prince was a genuine artist, and felt into the trap like everyone else. He pursued an impossible dream...I think; the one of making music for free.
There is no freedom in this business. Money is the one we're slave of. Without money we're just unknown artists of the streets...the best artists. IMO

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
At the New Orleans Jazz Fest....

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
@treitz3 that is truly a special photo. thank you

an underrated album from the musical genius

26600147446_213e9bb93e_h.jpg

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Could this really be true???

Prince 'was diagnosed with AIDS 6 months before he died

Prince was suffering from AIDS before being found dead last week and had refused treatment because he believed he could be cured by prayer, it has been claimed. The Purple Rain singer, who was a Jehovah's Witness, was diagnosed with the crippling condition just six months before he passed away, sources told the National Enquirer.

The 57-year-old weighed just 80lbs by the time of his death and had been 'preparing to die for a little while', the supermarket tabloid says sources told it.

A source, who was not identified by the Enquirer, said: 'Doctors told Prince his blood count was unusually low and that his body temperature had dropped dangerously below the normal 98.6 degrees to 94 degrees.

'He was totally iron-deficient, very weak and often disoriented. He rarely ate and when he did, it all came right back up.

'His face was yellowish, the skin on his neck was hanging off and the tips of fingers were a brownish-yellow.'

This comes as sources close to the investigation into the singer's death claimed that he had prescription painkillers in his possession when he died.
CNN reported that the pain-killing substance was found on Prince while the Star Tribune in Minneapolis reported that prescription pills were found where the musician died at the age of 57 last week at his home in suburban Minneapolis.
Both reports were based on unidentified law enforcement sources.

Prince contracted HIV in mid-90s but condition developed into AIDS six months ago, anonymous sources have claimed !!!

Artist 'did not get treatment because he thought God would heal him'

Pop super-star had been preparing to die for some time, it is said By the time he died Prince weighed just 80lbs, sources have claimed.

Purple Rain singer also rumored to be addicted to painkiller Percocet.

Police sources claim Prince had prescription painkillers on him when he died.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The National Enquirer alleges that Prince had AIDS. Say that the Enquirer is wrong; could Prince’s estate sue?

No: In America, defamation of the dead generally can’t give rise to a civil libel lawsuit. See, e.g., Gugliuzza v. K.C.M.C., Inc. (La. 1992) (“In the United States, the common law rule denying a cause of action for defamation of a dead person has been uniformly followed in every jurisdiction which has addressed this issue.”); Saari v. Gillett Communications (Ga. Ct. App. 1990); Lambert v. Garlo (Ohio Ct. App. 1985); Flynn v. Higham (Cal. Ct. App. 1983).

This may indeed be a First Amendment requirement, but the court hasn’t had occasion to reach that question, because it just hasn’t arisen often enough. Historically, defamation of the dead could give rise to a criminal prosecution — the prohibition was generally justified either on moral grounds, or on the grounds that libels of the dead can lead to fights or even duels — and some state statutes still authorize that. But I don’t know of a single such prosecution in the past 30 years; I doubt that such laws would be viewed as constitutional today; and these laws have not eroded the common-law rule that there is no civil liability for defaming the dead.

If such a statement was made when Prince was alive, he could win a libel lawsuit if the Enquirer knew the statement was false, or knew it was quite likely false but printed it in reckless disregard of its likely falsehood. That’s the legal standard required for a living public figure — such as someone of Prince’s fame — to recover in a libel case. But now that he is dead, civil libel law no longer applies, however much the statement might upset Prince’s relatives (or even if the statement economically damages the estate and thus the relatives).

Note, though, that a statement about the dead might also defame the living, and the living can sue for injury to their own reputations. Thus, for instance, saying that Don, who is dead, was a criminal is not civilly actionable, even if it’s an outright lie, and even if it understandably upsets his son Stan. But if the statement is that Don is a criminal and Stan was his co-conspirator, that defames Stan, and Stan can sue for the injury to his own reputation.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Wonder if the Enquirer will next say Prince was abducted by aliens right before his death and the body that was there, is someone else's.....

Right or wrong, I would be SOB to believe any story coming out of that outfit.....

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Wonder if the Enquirer will next say Prince was abducted by aliens right before his death and the body that was there, is someone else's.....

Right or wrong, I would be SOB to believe any story coming out of that outfit.....

+1

The National Enquirer is good for only one thing...kindling in your fireplace.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I was just at the grocery store and saw a magazine called "In Touch" or something like that that stated on the front cover in big, bold letters that he was murdered. FYI only.....it ain't like I'm buying this stuff.Tom

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing