This Corona Virus Mania is Just Too Much, We All Need to Chill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
This is what the Trump administration's medical advisory Dr. Birx said on the Today show this morning.

Basically all what she said is there's not enough data to draw final conclusions and the models predict a range of fatalities but again they're models built with insufficient data. We know how the climate change models tend to be aggressive and wrong.

david

Reactions: Bobvin

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I like how the Chinese cause this, hide it, deny the origin of it, fake their numbers, make the world implode, then start selling large amounts of medical gear to other countries. Classy.
Please don’t get this thread closed
to ! Throwing accusations out there
is not constructive. And a lot of us
like to discuss this mater in a friendly
manner across the continents.
We are all a little occupied by the
subject;)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
The operating word is Models!

david
The big problem David is that these
models turn into reality really fast
these days, it’s not climate where we
can observe changes over many years. We are talking 2-3 weeks till
full impact of current actions.
I think the President was very clear in
his worst and best predictions today.
Our health minister in Denmark said
something very candid, it’s really easy to have 20/20 hindsight, but
with this virus we are always 2-3 weeks behind because of the way
it spreads in the population.
Once you have the data to do something it’s almost to late.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
That all makes a lot of sense Lagonda. I think David is simply quoting Dr. Birx who simply said they are operating with their known information and don’t have enough data yet. And yet posting her comments seems somehow controversial. I don’t get that. I found the information in that link to be quite fascinating.

Reactions: ddk and Lagonda

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Not according to nasa.gov.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2943/...are-getting-future-warming-projections-right/

There are tons of models out there and I am sure some are "wrong." When we are all dead and buried people will have a better idea of the accuracy of the models. It is definitely a moving target.

And it's mostly moving in the wrong direction. If anything, scientists have so far under-estimated the run-away effects of climate change, and they are confronted with nasty surprises, such as the melting of (Ant)Arctic ice at faster rates than anticipated.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
And it's mostly moving in the wrong direction. If anything, scientists have so far under-estimated the run-away effects of climate change, and they are confronted with nasty surprises, such as the melting of (Ant)Arctic ice at faster rates than anticipated.
Al let’s save the climate for
another time one crisis at a time ;)

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Basically all what she said is there's not enough data to draw final conclusions and the models predict a range of fatalities but again they're models built with insufficient data. We know how the climate change models tend to be aggressive and wrong.

david

Dear David,

In support of your chill and light-hearted intention for this thread I was just about to "clean up" the serious virus posts on this thread -- until I saw that you posted a couple of serious things, and then threw in a climate change comment (the predictable replies to which are sure to sink this thread).

So I defer to you as to how you wish this thread to proceed: chill and light-hearted . . . or serious?

:)

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I am glad that this thread has started and I very much hope that all concerned will think very carefully about posts that would lead to it being closed down.
I certainly learnt a lot from the previous thread and appreciated the many knowlledgeable contributions it attracted.
I would second that, please Ron and Steve give this topic a little more
leeway than usual, it is of worldwide
importance and the WBF family is
worldwide and we can all contribute our unique experiences.
God i’m sounding like Bob now :)

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Reactions: howiebrou and Al M.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Dear David,

In support of your chill and light-hearted intention for this thread I was just about to "clean up" the serious virus posts on this thread -- until I saw that you posted a couple of serious things, and then threw in a climate change comment (the predictable replies to which are sure to sink this thread).

So I defer to you as to how you wish this thread to proceed: chill and light-hearted . . . or serious?

:)
Looks like a good mix of serious and light for right now, let's see how we progress like the virus :)!

david

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Please don’t get this thread closed
to ! Throwing accusations out there
is not constructive. And a lot of us
like to discuss this mater in a friendly
manner across the continents.
We are all a little occupied by the
subject;)

Ignoring the truth is not constructive.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Reactions: Alrainbow

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing