This Corona Virus Mania is Just Too Much, We All Need to Chill!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Sorry this is a serious post and not a chill post, but it seems obscenely irresponsible that, according to an Australian news outlet, the Chinese have not closed down their live exotic animal "wet" markets.

I guess for China burning down the world once isn't enough.

https://apple.news/AjwUa8kYXR7qgVB8NdcnsSA

F4C1B224-EADF-4BAD-A89F-B2E588C07CD6.jpeg

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
We are seeing climbing cases in many areas, and the people with severe symptoms don't pass away quickly.

You know that a vaccine isn't a brick wall to the virus, right? Plus no one in this thread is arguing against the polio vaccine.
I am glad we agree on the polio vaccine.
I think a sample of the dead virus is administered. This causes antibodies to be produced. This can cause immunity.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I’ll give a more explicit reply. I think the polio vaccine is amazing for Africa. But if you stopped it in say, France, it probably wouldn’t change anything unless someone was a celiac. That’s why I said that it depends on country. However efficacy of efficiency for things as vaccines is another story, another set of opinions (mine is a deep feeling of not wanting to be injected, not founded in anything but emotion).

I have two reservations towards anti-vax ridicule. I’m opposed to the measles vaccine, but nothing to do with autism - it’s a fascinating dive into the cutting edge of thoughts on viruses to see why. And despite non-correlative instances of autism/no-autism that gives them a leg to stand on, I respect civil liberties and mothers concerned on subjects they have no education on - as in I don’t think they’re crazy to be concerned or draw simplistic conclusions.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Sorry this is a serious post and not a chill post, but it seems obscenely irresponsible that, according to an Australian news outlet, the Chinese have not closed down their live exotic animal "wet" markets.

I guess for China burning down the world once isn't enough.

View attachment 63443

I don’t like them to begin with but... China is another planet. If I were to let myself get worked up over every moral fiber another country can tweak I’d never have time to celebrate anything good from them or mine. Still, China, please stop!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ron Resnick

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
I remember standing in line for my polio vaccine. I also remember my paraplegic cousin who had polio.

And I watched my first born child almost die TWICE from vaccinations, whats your point?
No one wins this argument.

I still go to work everyday, dealing with the public, we are busy. Phone is ringing and people are still showing up for appointments. We are essential services.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
CCBE16AE-2C25-4445-9EA8-52F733DA125B.jpeg

Reactions: ddk

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Why the hell is the virus a miniature dachshund? My dogs take offense to that. They consider themselves extensively more lethal.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
China ... you can believe whatever you like to believe (that's not the only article I've read about it) ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-residents-dismiss-official-coronavirus-164859600.html

Tokyo, Japan (now that the Olympics have been cancelled) ...
https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/worl...uld-keep-schools-closed-until-may/ar-BB11Zzkc

Africa, India, ... that's a lot of people ...

Italy, Spain, France, USA, UK, ... no break. Canada we just hit over 100.

GM is making masks right now, and eventually will produce 50,000 a day.
https://www.yahoo.com/now/general-motors-spins-global-supply-133333742.html

Hiding or diminishing the numbers of infected cases and deaths is nothing new in several countries, in order to protect their economies.
But on the world stage their actions today will reflect upon them tomorrow ...

Right now ...
?? https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Reactions: Lagonda

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Dog's not the virus, it represents us with big brother's leash around our necks.

david

You mean moderator's leash?

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK

View attachment 63443

The world MUST learn from this; if proven that this was the cause it must stop, they will adapt no problem. It is up to everybody left to ensure that this ends through whatever channels are required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: howiebrou

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I’ll give a more explicit reply. I think the polio vaccine is amazing for Africa. But if you stopped it in say, France, it probably wouldn’t change anything unless someone was a celiac. That’s why I said that it depends on country. However efficacy of efficiency for things as vaccines is another story, another set of opinions (mine is a deep feeling of not wanting to be injected, not founded in anything but emotion).

I have two reservations towards anti-vax ridicule. I’m opposed to the measles vaccine, but nothing to do with autism - it’s a fascinating dive into the cutting edge of thoughts on viruses to see why. And despite non-correlative instances of autism/no-autism that gives them a leg to stand on, I respect civil liberties and mothers concerned on subjects they have no education on - as in I don’t think they’re crazy to be concerned or draw simplistic conclusions.
Good for Africa but not France?
An unfortunate comparison considering I am African American.

Reactions: Vienna

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I use to think anti-vaxxers where a bit nuts but now... Actually I don't, not entirely.

If you can prove you make antibodies against it, and it can't be recontracted, there is no need for a vaccine for you. And yet they might try to force it on us anyways? Not me if I show antibodies. (I hate needles)

I'm not saying it's proof but we have seen a case of stopping vaccinations and seeing an immediate drop in autism in kids. (there's no plausible explanation, might be as simple as no diagnosing)

Also I'm actually opposed to measles vaccines. It's a goal of mine to contract it if possible from an anti-vaxxer (even though I had the vaccine, I'm seriously hoping I still can). Why? Because it trigger epgienetics that make you way less likely to have a heart attack. People before 1957 are considered immune so we somehow lost that benefit epigenetically speaking and the only way to resurge it is to have measles. And if you think about the symptoms it makes sense that it affects the epigenetics of the cardio system.

Polio is always said to be a thing of the past just due to vaccines. But prenatal vitamins are just as effective (and generally speaking way better for the humans). Unknown fact, only a very small percentage of people with polio have any lasting symptoms (the ones we fear), and it has been shown those that do basically exclusively have nutritional deficiencies. I'm not against the vaccine, or for it, kinda depends on what country you are in.

Wow. Just wow. I don’t know where to begin. Let’s start here. Measles, a highly contagious viral disease, is a major childhood killer in developing countries, accounting for almost 1 million deaths every year globally. Measles virus normally does not cause a persistent infection, no animal reservoir for measles virus exists, no vector is involved in its spread, only one serotype exists, the virus is antigenically stable and vaccination with the currently used live attenuated vaccines proved to be highly effective in preventing disease. Therefore, theoretically measles should be considered eradicable

Vaccinations have 2 major limitations. The first is that many, such as measles are only 95% effective in creating seroconversion. Since immunity in a population has to be over 95% to prevent endemic measles transmission, this may pose serious problems and hence there are efforts to develop more modern alternative vaccine formulations (i.e. DNA) The second problem is immunosenescence. Sometimes an aging immune system requires booster immunizations to maintain immunity. (The good news for you is that you may get your wish to contract the disease if you live long enough!)

As far as the implications you have made about autism, reduction of heart disease risk due to epigenetics following measles infection and pre-natal vitamins and polio being more effective than a vaccine to prevent the disease, all I can say is that I’d welcome any credible data on these to support your statements. I don’t know what medical school you attended but those teachings seemed to escape me in mine. I didn’t respond to your post immediately because I wanted to research the literature however, I regret to say I didn’t find anything compelling after searching PubMed for a few hours. If you have any data to the contrary, I’d welcome learning about it.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Trying to get the Chinese to behave and act civilized is like trying to get peace in the Middle East. It is never going to happen, ever. . . .

Categorizing an entire people as uncivilized is inappropriate and unacceptable and inherently factually inaccurate on its face.

Perhaps you mean a particular Chinese leader? If so, that would violate our ban on politics.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Once again we find this thread on the same down hill spiral as the last one which was closed

I will say only once that WBF is a global site with members from all over the world including China. Ron and I will not tolerate any further aspersions being cast by members denigrating anyone or any country. These racist comments must end. These type of posts along with the deluge once again of incessant google links in this thread will quickly bring this thread to a close

I remind everyone that this is a matter of propriety and civility, something which is lacking in some posts.I also remind members to look at the OP in this thread. This was a light hearted attempt to amuse us and now very quickly some members are using this as a way to inflict this thread with all of the same which brought closure to the last thread.

I will make this general warning to those involved as Ron and I will not serve as thread cleaners any more. You know who you are and the next time will bring sanctions (which we don't want to impose but will if the problem persists)

Ron and I do hope you understand as we get tired of trying to teach adults to act accordingly

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Categorizing an entire people as uncivilized is inappropriate and unacceptable and inherently factually inaccurate on its face.

Perhaps you mean a particular Chinese leader? If so, that would violate our ban on politics.

You’re putting words in my mouth now. I didn’t mention any specific leader.

How many trillions of dollars is this costing the world and how many lives are lost or ruined forever because someone wanted to munch on a bat?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
It seems we have to wait it out until early 2021 for a vaccine to be medically ready for use.
Until that time i dont see everything returning to a 100 % normal.
But i did hear that the virus will be less infective in the summer ???
But it seems to effect the southern hemisphere the same way so it seems unlikely then :(

Reactions: Lagonda

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
You’re putting words in my mouth now. I didn’t mention any specific leader.

How many trillions of dollars is this costing the world and how many lives are lost or ruined forever because someone wanted to munch on a bat?
I agree with Ron. You are strongly encouraged to temper the tone and verbiage of your posts. Consider this a formal warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing