Tidal La Assoluta system

Today I received the second Tripoint Audio Emperor statement cable, albeit in a version that will not be commercially available due to a. the enormous complexity to built it and b. the large amounts of purified silver needed for it. Here is the first picture:

Attachments

• IMG_4604.jpeg
    IMG_4604.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 20
The first listening experiences are - as over the phone when this Emperor statement cable was inserted in Miguel’s audio system - mind-boggling.

Reactions: Golum
I have been an audiophile for more than 40 years now. During my life I listened to an awful lot of audio systems with horn, cone and ribbon loudspeakers. I owned many audio components including quite a number of different loudspeakers. Furthermore I go to (classical) concerts on a regular basis. So I consider myself an experienced audiophile and music lover.

The brain of an experienced audiophile / listener immediately recognizes when a new audio component adds something very positive (or negative) to the sound of an audio system (which the owner knows inside out).

Yesterday when I connected the second (and special) Tripoint Audio Emperor statement grounding cable to the Wadax reference server and the Tripoint Audio Emperor NG ‘grounding’ station - btw, the first Emperor statement grounding cable is currently connected to the PSU of my Kondo g-1000 linestage - I immediately noticed that something very, very special was happening. Currently nearly thirty hours have passed since then and I am even more enthusiastic about the Emperor statement than I was yesterday.

I will probably write about what is actually going on, sonically speaking, next weekend.

One final remark for now: most likely quite a few (or maybe even many) of the WBF members believe that I am exaggerating as regards the importance of the Tripoint Audio grounding. However, I am not. Why would I? Please keep in mind I am playing with top notch audio components (Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers, Wadax reference 4 digital, Kondo amplification) while I went at great length to maximize the mechanical isolation with 40 pure copper platforms (these copper slabs are partly used for mass loading). Notwithstanding these high quality audio components I am investing large amounts of money in Tripoint Audio grounding for only one reason: my - extremely revealing / transparent - LA system demonstrates very clearly the musical benefits and importance of top notch grounding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sampajanna
Hi Audiocrack,
I also use TaraLabs cables in my system. 2x Zero Evolution IC and Omega Evolution SC, Omega Evolution PC, My question is how do you connect the HFX ground station for the IC cables to your system? I remember you connected it to Tripoint. I also have 2x Tripoint Signature NG's, but currently only have the HFX Ground connector connected to the device's own dedicated ground connector.

Hi Audiocrack,
I also use TaraLabs cables in my system. 2x Zero Evolution IC and Omega Evolution SC, Omega Evolution PC, My question is how do you connect the HFX ground station for the IC cables to your system? I remember you connected it to Tripoint. I also have 2x Tripoint Signature NG's, but currently only have the HFX Ground connector connected to the device's own dedicated ground connector.
Hello Alex,

Thanks for your reaction.

Like you I am still using TaraLabs ic’s and loudspeaker cables in my LA set up. Still like them very much and they were - as far as I know - the first manufacturer that took grounding their (top) cables seriously. One of the reasons why I opted for Taralabs cables.

As regards your question about connecting the HFX grounding station: currently I am only using them as TaraLabs suggests. So I am not connecting any of the TaraLabs cables to any of my Tripoint ‘grounding’ stations. Although I tried to do so in the past, in my LA system the results were mixed. The (very) thin TaraLabs grounding wire was not an ideal match with my Tripoint boxes.

Btw, Alex, I forgot to mention one thing: the Taralabs HFX grounding unit is placed on one my (double slab) pure copper platforms and as such benefits sonically from these copper pieces.

Audiocrack, thanks for the information!
I was wondering how to wire the ground wire from the HFX directly to the Tripoint, but ran into the same problem.
I also use a copper platform and today I will try what you suggested, I will put the HFX grounding station directly on it.
My copper platform is 15mm thick. I'm very curious to see what effect it will have.

Attachments

• IMG_6080.jpeg
    IMG_6080.jpeg
    676.6 KB · Views: 45
Audiocrack, thanks for the information!
I was wondering how to wire the ground wire from the HFX directly to the Tripoint, but ran into the same problem.
I also use a copper platform and today I will try what you suggested, I will put the HFX grounding station directly on it.
My copper platform is 15mm thick. I'm very curious to see what effect it will have.
Hello Alex, great to see that you are using a copper platform as well. It really looks beautiful in your picture! You seem to be using a copper platform for your turntable, am I right about that?

Did you also opt for high purity, oxygen free copper? In my LA system the high purity, oxygen free copper platforms (double stacked) clearly outclass all the high end platforms I employed in the past, including highly regarded ones in the audio industry such as those of Critical Mass.

Please keep us posted about the sonic results in your audio system. And if you might have a chance, please try to add a second copper platform to the first one: I promise you that you will be amazed and seriously impressed. In my system two 25mm copper platforms on top of each other made a big difference for the better in comparison to one copper slab.

I even tried three of those copper slabs on top of each other as a platform as well as three copper slabs for mass loading. And the sonic results were very impressive indeed.

I am seriously thinking about three 25mm high purity copper slabs under all my four Wadax reference source components but that implies another serious financial investment. Not sure yet if I am actually going to do this

Last edited:
I don't have an analog turntable, I only use a digital one. I use two copper platforms, one under the Pink Faun Ultra streamer, one under the Lampizator Pacific DAC.

Attachments

• IMG_6082.jpeg
    IMG_6082.jpeg
    712.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6081.jpeg
    IMG_6081.jpeg
    642.3 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: cdka and Audiocrack
Although I cannot proof it, I am (pretty) sure that the Tripoint Audio Emperor NG is ‘the best’ ‘grounding’ station currently available.

Although I cannot proof it, I am also (pretty) sure that the Tripoint Audio Emperor statement cable is ‘the best’ grounding cable currently available.

So what happens when you combine these two state of the art audio pieces with the - state of the art - Wadax reference server?

First of all, I opted for grounding the server because the latter is a source component at which the music originates. And during the evolvement of my Tidal LA system I have become (more and more) convinced about the following axiom: garbage in, garbage out. If we audiophiles do not get rid of the noise / pollution at the source, we are - so to speak - ‘doomed’ because this music gets injected in our audio systems: this noise / pollution is being amplified by our amplifiers.

So in my view it is absolutely key to remove this noise / pollution at the source as much as possible. In addition, digital components like music servers and dacs are notorious for generating a lot of noise / pollution.

Last edited:
I have always loved what the Wadax reference components - on their own - are doing in my LA system. But good as these Wadax reference units are, they are greatly helped to perform at an even higher level by a. good isolation (in my case: RevOpods are being used as footers as well as high purity and oxygen free 50 mm copper slabs as platforms), b. mass loading the reference server, reference dac, reference PSU as well as the two PSU’s of the reference dac with (again) high purity, oxygen free copper slabs, c. high quality pc and dc cables (I am nearly at level four, the third and final Wadax Akasa dc cable will arrive hopefully soon) and - last but not least - d. top notch grounding.

The sonic benefits of grounding the Wadax reference server with the Emperor NG ‘grounding’ station and Emperor statement grounding cable are really huge and ‘catapults’ the digital performance to a level I had never experienced before. It is quite difficult to express this new experience eloquently in words. But let me try as follows:
- More refinement
- More fluidity
- More transparency
- More serenity
- More density
- More command
- More openness
- Better coherency
- Explosive dynamics
- A wall of sound: the LA loudspeakers are disappearing even more
- A much better 3D presentation: more air around the musicians/instruments
- A wider and deeper soundstage
- Better/more beautiful tonality

These sonic benefits (combined) are massively impressive! My conclusions therefore are:
- without (top notch) grounding the source components it is impossible to let our audio systems perform at their best.
- Our audio systems are much, much better than we think they are. We only need to unleash their full potential by removing noise / pollution through top notch grounding.

Last edited:
Hi Audiocrack!
I moved both HFX ground stations to the copper platform below the DAC.
I couldn't write until now because it has made such a difference that I want to listen to all my favorites again! Simply stunning! I wouldn't have thought that.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me!

Hi Audiocrack!
I couldn't write until now because it has made such a difference that I want to listen to all my favorites again! Simply stunning! I wouldn't have thought that.
Great to hear this, Alex!

Btw, Miguel Alvarez of Tripoint Audio fully deserves the credits for incorporating copper platforms (in my LA system). He is the one who came up with this idea.

You will do yourself a big favor if you can double up the copper platforms, especially now that you are using 15mm slabs. Building 30mm copper platforms will make a very big difference for the better, trust me. That said, fully enjoy your beautiful system!

Last edited:

Btw, Miguel Alvarez of Tripoint Audio fully deserves the credits for incorporating copper platforms (in my LA system). He is the one who came up with this idea.

You will do yourself a big favor if you can double up the copper platforms, especially now that your using 15mm slabs. Building 30mm copper platforms will make a very big difference for the better, trust me. That said, fully enjoy your beautiful system!
Hi Audiocrack!
Fascinating.

You will do yourself a big favor if you can double up the copper platforms, especially now that you are using 15mm slabs. Building 30mm copper platforms will make a very big difference for the better, trust me. That said, fully enjoy your beautiful system!
Audiocrack,
Has your Aadwark Ultra Rev1 burned in yet?
I also use these insulators. There is Classic for the switch input and Ultra for the streamer input.
Eduardo will send Ultra Rev1 in 1-2 weeks.

Audiocrack,
Has your Aadwark Ultra Rev1 burned in yet?
I also use these insulators. There is Classic for the switch input and Ultra for the streamer input.
Eduardo will send Ultra Rev1 in 1-2 weeks.
Hello Alex,

Yes the Aardvark Ultra Rev1 is fully burned in. First of all this ultra version is imho superior to the Classic. Actually I consider the Ultra Rev1 in my LA set up a necessary device in order to let the digitally reproduced music really flow: how good the performance of the various Wadax reference components might be (and they are mightily impressive), they can only really shine when the ‘internet pollution’ is blocked.

I find the performance of the Aardvark Ultra Rev1 isolator so impressive that I have asked Eduardo to make me another one. The (Aardvark) configuration will then be as follows:
1. One Aardvark Ultra between the switch and the Wadax reference server (situated on the server’s side)
2. One Aardvark Ultra between the router and the switch (situated on the switch side)
3. One Aardvark classic before the router.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Lavigne
Hello Alex,

Yes the Aardvark Ultra Rev1 is fully burned in. First of all this ultra version is imho superior to the Classic. Actually I consider the Ultra Rev1 in my LA set up a necessary device in order to let the digitally reproduced music really flow: how good the performance of the various Wadax reference components might be (and they are mightily impressive), they can only really shine when the ‘internet pollution’ is blocked.

I find the performance of the Aardvark Ultra Rev1 isolator so impressive that I have asked Eduardo to make me another one. The (Aardvark) configuration will then be as follows:
1. One Aardvark Ultra between the switch and the Wadax reference server (situated on the server’s side)
2. One Aardvark Ultra between the router and the switch (situated on the switch side)
3. One Aardvark classic before the router.
This is great news!
I've tried quite a few isolators in the past, but they were out of my system in no time because they made the sound dry or bright in addition to the noise reduction. Aardvark was the only one that had only positive effects. These are essential for me now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing