UFO plunges into the water while being tracked

cal3713

Nov 2, 2020
youtube.com
Sure!

Please tell us your objective scientific evidence (not theory, not deductions, not assumptions) for your proposition that there almost definitely is life outside of planet Earth.
Ha. You know no-one can give you what you ask for. The answer is in statistics/probabilities and evidence for the preponderance of solar systems and galaxies just like ours. We already know that the odds of life emerging from the chaos is > 0. So multiply that small, but non-zero number, by infinity.

Sure, the total could be 1, but recognize that that's the absolute lower bound of the estimate. You don't usually find the mean at a boundary, especially when your sample size (i.e., 1 solar system) is an infinitesimally small proportion of the total population (i.e., somewhere close to infinity).

In actuality, our best -- completely non-biased -- guess for the probability of finding life in any given solar system should be 1. We've explored one solar system, and found that it has life in it.

Imagine that you're exploring a new land and find some fruit that you've never seen before. You open it up and there's a large seed in the middle. What percentage of similar fruits have large seeds inside? Based on your limited experience, the best guess is 100%. That's what your brain is going to expect until you gather more information.

It's only our belief that we're unique and special that leads us to flip that probability on its head when talking about finding life inside another solar system.

If there were honest betting odds on such a thing, they probably wouldn't even let you take the simple yes bet. The money would all be on how long it'll take us to find out.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
I have not met any aliens yet, well .. Not of this earth.. So I can’t meet your strict criteria, But …
We are here, the universe is a big place with supposedly more stars than gains of sand on all the beaches of our world.. along with orbiting planets and whatnots.. Seems likely we are not alone out there.. but I digress.. no evidence or iPhone pictures to share.
When the great Carl Sagan was asked near the end of his life ,
Are We Alone?......
His answer.....” Well, if we are, it would be a Great Waste Of Space”.....,or words to that effect......

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Until we are contacted, or discover life in another solar system, it is all speculation. Personally, I believe the Universe is full of life, and once we discover it then we will find it all over.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Until we are contacted, or discover life in another solar system, it is all speculation. Personally, I believe the Universe is full of life, and once we discover it then we will find it all over.

Agreed on microbial life. I even expect it in our own solar system, perhaps on one of the moons of Saturn.

Intelligent life will be much, much rarer, since you need special sheltered and beneficial conditions like on our Earth. But given the size of the universe, those conditions should be met on some places. Yet the distances within the universe are just prohibitive. We may never know.

As for UFOs: whatever.

Reactions: Mikem53

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
ntelligent life will be much, much rarer, since you need special sheltered and beneficial conditions like on our Earth. But given the size of the universe, those conditions should be met on some places
On November 4, 2013, astronomers reported, based on Kepler data, that there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of Sun-like stars and red dwarfs in the Milky Way. About 11 billion of these may be orbiting Sun-like stars.

Ps thats in one galaxy alone :)

Reactions: audiobomber

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
On November 4, 2013, astronomers reported, based on Kepler data, that there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of Sun-like stars and red dwarfs in the Milky Way. About 11 billion of these may be orbiting Sun-like stars.

Ps thats in one galaxy alone :)

Sure, but our next star is 20 light years away. The Milky Way is 100,000 light years across. Also, there is more to Earth than just habitable zone and the Sun.

So yeah, wake me up once you've contacted aliens.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
My personal, significantly researched view on this topic is that right now we definitely have evidence -- the "Tic-Tacs."

We just don't know definitely of what they are evidence.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
If there's UFOs they are looking at us like we'd look at a group of apes on an undiscovered island just starting to use tools. Interesting, but we'd never engage with them as equals. IMO, we have a way to go until any ET life that has the capability to find and/or visit us would actually want to engage with us.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Sure, but our next star is 20 light years away. The Milky Way is 100,000 light years across. Also, there is more to Earth than just habitable zone and the Sun.

actually 4.22 LY PROXIMA CENTAURI
I will wake you up next year :)

Proxima Centauri has two confirmed exoplanets: Proxima Centauri b and Proxima Centauri c. Proxima Centauri b orbits the star at a distance of roughly 0.05 AU (7.5 million km) with an orbital period of approximately 11.2 Earth days. Its estimated mass is at least 1.17 times that of Earth.

Reactions: Al M.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . IMO, we have a way to go until any ET life that has the capability to find and/or visit us would actually want to engage with us.

If ET life is waiting for humans to become worthy, then maybe the aliens are not as smart as we think they are?

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
If ET life is waiting for humans to become worthy, then maybe the aliens are not as smart as we think they are?

I doubt they'd give us a high probability we won't destroy ourselves first. But I think they'd still watch, if so I don't think UFOs are actually manned, seems much more likely they are just drones. We could be one of hundreds of known planets with evolving life they're watching...

Reactions: MRJAZZ

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
actually 4.22 LY PROXIMA CENTAURI
I will wake you up next year :)

Proxima Centauri has two confirmed exoplanets: Proxima Centauri b and Proxima Centauri c. Proxima Centauri b orbits the star at a distance of roughly 0.05 AU (7.5 million km) with an orbital period of approximately 11.2 Earth days. Its estimated mass is at least 1.17 times that of Earth.
I was going to post back to Al M and mention that fact.. but 4.2 or .1 Light years away is still inconceivable

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014

Actually I believe the nearest star is 4.3 Light Years away ( Alpha Centauri), however it’s still a “ Bridge To Far”, as they say, and until ( and even if) we can find some new technology that will allow us travel even near the Speed of light, well the chances of us finding our Alien Cousins by traveling there ( where ever there is), are slim and none.

However look where we are today ( orbiting satellites, space stations, prior Moon visitations, the exploration of Mars with Mr. Rover....vis a vis Orville Wright’s first flight, well who knows, maybe that “New Technology “ , is just right around the corner......One can only hope and dream.
Cheers....

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Actually I believe the nearest star is 4.3 Light Years away ( Alpha Centauri), however it’s still a “ Bridge To Far”, as they say, and until ( and even if) we can find some new technology that will allow us travel even near the Speed of light, well the chances of us finding our Alien Cousins by traveling there ( where ever there is), are slim and none.

Agreed. That’s the realistic assessment.

However look where we are today ( orbiting satellites, space stations, prior Moon visitations, the exploration of Mars with Mr. Rover....vis a vis Orville Wright’s first flight, well who knows, maybe that “New Technology “ , is just right around the corner......One can only hope and dream.
Cheers....

Sure, and the limits of what is physically possible are rearing their ugly head. Unless you believe in fantasies like worm holes. Going to Moon or Mars doesn't compare to traveling to far away stars.

Reactions: dan31

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sure, and the limits of what is physically possible are rearing their ugly head. Unless you believe in fantasies like worm holes. Going to Moon or Mars doesn't compare to traveling to far away stars.
The technology is there Al. It’s judt that these aliens are likely millions of years ( or longer) ahead of us in evolution. They figured it out. Maybe in a few million years of evolution we will look just like them. They have obviously found a way to travel the speed of light. Sure it seems incomprehensible to our primitive brains. Somewhere in the far distant future ……….however…….anything becomes possible

Reactions: andromedaaudio

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
The technology is there Al. It’s judt that these aliens are likely millions of years ( or longer) ahead of us in evolution. They figured it out. Maybe in a few million years of evolution we will look just like them. They have obviously found a way to travel the speed of light. Sure it seems incomprehensible to our primitive brains. Somewhere in the far distant future ……….however…….anything becomes possible

If you believe that those UFOs are from aliens.

I react with a big Yawn to the alien hypothesis unless proven otherwise. UFOs are just that -- Unidentified Flying Objects.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
If you believe that those UFOs are from aliens.

I react with a big Yawn to the alien hypothesis unless proven otherwise. UFOs are just that -- Unidentified Flying Objects.
so I take it you believe we are all alone

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing