UK Calling

Vicov

Apr 25, 2019
Greetings from Warwickshire, UK.
I’m a music lover first & foemost & accept that faithful reproduction of recorded music in the home is an art in itself & can be achieved in many ways by all manner of equipment.
My listening is largely made up of Jazz (from all compass points) & baroque. My equipment choices are therefore weighted in favour of getting the best SQ from these genres.
As a retiree, I don’t have a bottomless pit of money so I’ve been very careful to choose a system that gives me as much insight & connection with the music as possible.
Ever one for an easy life, I employ streaming as my primary source. To that end, a Melco serves (ripped CD) wav files, downloaded HiRes FLAC files & Qobuz cloud streaming. My Amp is the a Vitus RI 100 with optional onboard DAC module which are connected to a pair of Avalon Ideas.
I’m not much of a tweaker but I have opted for Andromeda Power leads, Tellurium Q Silver Diamond USB cable & TQ Ultra Black Speaker cables. All of the equipment sits on Stillpoints Ultra SS. & the whole shooting match sounds glorious.
Cheers
V.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Vic, welcome.
I'm up (down?) the road from you in Norfolk. From yr gear, you must know Fraser of Kog Audio, this is his itinerary.

Reactions: Vicov

Vicov

Apr 25, 2019
Vic, welcome.
I'm up (down?) the road from you in Norfolk. From yr gear, you must know Fraser of Kog Audio, this is his itinerary.

Thanks for your welcome.
I used to live in Castle Rising in Norfolk before moving back to Warwickshire 3 years ago when I retired. Re KOG, no I’ve not met Fraser but I have met Mark a few times. A thoroughly nice chap who lives not too far from me & yes my gear is a bit (unintentionally) KOG centric.
Cheers
Vic

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Vic!

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Welcome to WBF Vicov

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing