Videos: Cessaro Zeta, Dava, turntables, Alieno, Thrax phono

I liked both video and in person the Pnoe more. Bill's Pnoe is not ideally set up so not as balanced on everything as Audioquattr's but on this track it was, and when properly set up it is amazing, and Yamaura single driver remains my favorite speaker. Audioquattr too preferred the Vyger RS Mayer Pnoe (I had asked him to go listen to it, after which he changed a lot of things in his system over the years)

On this particular video the flow is better and rise and nuance I find easier to hear, more ease due to easy drive free flowing. I also find the rise in scale more. I heard 3 cube audio I did not like them, though 2 were with digital.
I preferred the Pnoe until the music got busy...then you hear it struggle.

The Altec system gets pretty muddy sounding when the piano and orchestra are really going at it. The sounds blend together.
I believe there are room resonances in the lower notes (more obvious perhaps on the other violin track - the lower notes are muddy).

It’s neither muddy in person nor on video to me

Devils trill, Oistrakh
Stereo playing Mono record

Up was a Dava stereo cart playing a mono record.

Here is Miyajima infinity mono playing mono through top Kondo phono, pre and Kagura and Euronor. On a Schroeder BA arm which is great with Miya mono for mono

Last edited:

Here is Miyajima infinity mono playing mono through top Kondo phono, pre and Kagura and Euronor. On a Schroeder BA arm which is great with Miya mono for mono

I prefer the wooden speakers to the Zeta on this music where the violin sounds more like a wooden instrument, less synthetic, more natural tone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audiohertz2
I prefer the wooden speakers to the Zeta on this music where the violin sounds more like a wooden instrument, less synthetic, more natural tone.

then violin and insight to recordings sounds different in each Cessaro video.

The Kondo and the Euronor have tone better than anything, the insight to different recordings (not reflected in one video) is blocked due to baffle staging.

Plus, in this case it is a mono cart playing mono, and the klangfilm excel at mono because their baffle stage disadvantage is not an issue

Reactions: mtemur
His system finally is sounding so good that I started listening at 9 am and sat intensely till 7:30 pm fatigue free save some quick breaks.
What specific changes has audioquattr made to the driver positioning or to the system recently which now makes you like it so much?

In this comparison I think the Euronor sounds richer, more natural.

Reactions: Thundersnow
In this comparison I think the Euronor sounds richer, more natural.

yes. The Kondo with the Euronor has incredible tone and flow in general. And that mono playback of Schroder BA with Miyajima mono is so far my reference mono, it was quite better than all the stereo we played there. Also mono tapes. Haven’t heard Dava mono yet

Last edited:
What specific changes has audioquattr made to the driver positioning or to the system recently which now makes you like it so much?

He did some aligning of drivers physically as well as made small adjustments to the attenuation in the crossover

I did not say only that made me like it so much. He did other, mostly small changes. the Dava reference with more hours on it is he tuned it in better. Power amp Alieno tubes were rolled to Mayer 300b.

I will go back in a few weeks as the Dava soul will burn in more, and he will move it off the Reed 5T to other arms.

Will also be interesting to check some cable adjustments

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick
With the Dava you like the Reed 5T now?

With the Dava you like the Reed 5T now?

Most of the videos are Dava reference on Ikeda. The Soul has 10 hours on it and has to burn in more, and he will try it on another arm. I will comment more on soul and reference after my next trip and after I visit Leif (he has been out on boat at sea all summer since I told him I wanted to visit)

Reactions: bonzo75
So the Pnoe is the best speaker of choice?

Learning ...

All the speakers in this video sound great. The Pnoe with Vyger RS Mayer 46 was awesome. In the posted video the pnoe is better.

I posted alternatives because some think only five way 500k speakers work, but it is the systems letting those recordings and music through with good analogue. Look on YT at many other Cessaro videos and check the sound

All are high efficiency and have a massive dynamic range. There are different types of horns that can do it

Last edited:
Two beryllium driver speakers

Reactions: mtemur

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu