Visit to Chris to See Magico M9 and VYGER and Pilium in Southlake, Texas

Ron, the Magmas still have your name on the crates.
That may be. But the winning lottery ticket doesn't.

I have my heart set on Wavac 833s or similar.

Its sad to read good transducers going down the drain with( under powered ) Sets.

You guys read to much Ked.
I have never recommended sets for all transducers. I recommend changing to very few speakers that suit SETs, or low watt push pulls

Reactions: andromedaaudio
The full range Clarisys requires a little bit more power than the >200 Hz Pendragon ribbon panel.
Mr. Gregory likes solid state bi-amping them. the anti-Kedar approach.

so 150 SET WAVAC tube watts likely not enough in your large space.

Reactions: Young Skywalker
That may be. But the winning lottery ticket doesn't.

I have my heart set on Wavac 833s or similar.

Ron with panels the revolving amp door is par for the course , don't limit yourself , try as much SS and Toobs until you settle into a choice, proper pre match is critical too ..!

Regards

Mr. Gregory likes solid state bi-amping them. the anti-Kedar approach.
For the apogees I strictly liked SS never valves. Henk's Grands were bi-amped. Not sure why I would not like SS on Clarisys over valves. My approach is changing to speakers that suit SETs, not putting valves on the wrong speakers. Sashimi cut fish in Indian curry is not my approach.

Reactions: PeterA
For the apogees I strictly liked SS never valves. Henk's Grands were bi-amped. Not sure why I would not like SS on Clarisys over valves. My approach is changing to speakers that suit SETs, not putting valves on the wrong speakers. Sashimi cut fish in Indian curry is not my approach.
still not your preference, just horses for courses if second choice.

I heard them.on solution the first time i heard quit good sound out of solution

Attachments

• 20230521_100128.jpg
    20230521_100128.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230521_100640.jpg
    20230521_100640.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 20230521_100147.jpg
    20230521_100147.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20230521_100140.jpg
    20230521_100140.jpg
    997.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230521_100636.jpg
    20230521_100636.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230521_100632.jpg
    20230521_100632.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: gleeds

You would still eat it mate ... :)

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75
Pendragon ribbons would do fine with a 20 watt SET at the crossover point avoiding the bass, upper bass demands etc at the given crossover. However, with the Clarysis all in one frequencies, I think that the 100 watt SET would be in order. It would probably sound magnificent.

I ran my Apogee Stages with two stereo 50 watt SET Wavacs and an active crossover (direct drive with no passive crossover). A few crusty audiophiles really liked that arrangement, so it can be done. Clarysis are more efficient, but it seems they backed off from the 90 plus efficiency designation, even with the stronger magnets.

50 watt SET might work but it would be subject as usual, to field trial.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing