Visit to Chris to See Magico M9 and VYGER and Pilium in Southlake, Texas

Bob and Brad, there is a new thread on this very topic addressed to those in the industry. As you are both in the industry and recognize the issues, you might want to post your responses in that thread. As a hobbyist, I won’t participate but I will read and learn.

in the end, I suppose people will simply act and respond as they see fit.

Then for gods sake man get a serious recording device so you don’t have to always apologise and hand wring over the damn video quality.
So funny. I have written some youtube influencers and said their video suck because, they wave the camera all around. It literally makes my wife and I sick to our stomach when watching on a TV. And , they have to have a better mic as they never capture the person they are talking to. The person holding the phone comes through loud and clear. The guest is a distant muffled voice. Part of why I never watch youtube of systems. At least till now. I have learned there is some information that comes through that can be extrapolated of value.

Bob and Brad, there is a new thread on this very topic addressed to those in the industry. As you are both in the industry and recognize the issues, you might want to post your responses in that thread. As a hobbyist, I won’t participate but I will read and learn.

in the end, I suppose people will simply act and respond as they see fit.

Peter i have an appointment next week with a dealer in brussels for my loudspeaker sales .
What does that make me ?,
Still a hobbyist or somebody who just wants to earn tons of money in the audiobizz lol.( not )

• Haha
Reactions: Bobvin
Peter i have an appointment next week with a dealer in brussels for my loudspeaker sales .
Still a hobbyist or somebody who just wants to earn tons of money in the audiobizz lol.( not )

I have no idea. Do you design loud speakers or something?

Have you ever sold a loudspeaker and if so, can I see a vid with them in a client’s house? Don’t worry about the sound quality. I am easily satisfied :)

Have you ever sold a loudspeaker and if so, can I see a vid with them in a client’s house? Don’t worry about the sound quality. I am easily satisfied :)

Yes you can see it under user experiences , dont have a vid though .
The XPE model has never been marketed
My latest small ( easy to transport) model XPE-S is a commercial model and will be marketed .

Last edited:
Bob and Brad, there is a new thread on this very topic addressed to those in the industry.
so it’s like any other forum thread then, very few people will be left out

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Bobvin and Al M.
I have no idea. Do you design loud speakers or something?
He has figured out how to make his audio hobby tax deductible, just like some of the smaller dealers have ! ;)

Reactions: PeterA
He has figured out how to make his audio hobby tax deductible, just like some of the smaller dealers have ! ;)
Lol , ....you wish mr lagonda ,... its a money pit , you got to really really love doing it , otherwise its not worth it.
For the $$$ money thing i have another business besides my day job and its called investing :cool:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Lagonda and Bobvin
I elect Ron to record the YouTube video of Ked's first operating assembled home system.

I took the 2nd option, I hung up my reviewer's pen when I went into the industry. If I stop being involved in the industry as a dealer, I will consider reviewing again....just like to keep things clean...

Keeping things clean -- imo when you became a dealer/distributor this is the honorable way to deal with changing roles as an industry participant. So kudos to you.

Trying to be all things to all people, motivated by, as Peter suggests, sheer self-interest, is, imo, basically giving the middle finger to the audio industry as a whole. Getting all you can by whatever means.

I liked your reviews for Positive Feedback. You write in a straight-forward way and used specific music to explain your view of products. And you wrote a solid show report of Munich 2016 -- that was a lot of work. Did you write for anyone else?

Reactions: Bobvin
Keeping things clean -- imo when you became a dealer/distributor this is the honorable way to deal with changing roles as an industry participant. So kudos to you.

Trying to be all things to all people, motivated by, as Peter suggests, sheer self-interest, is, imo, basically giving the middle finger to the audio industry as a whole. Getting all you can by whatever means.

I liked your reviews for Positive Feedback. You write in a straight-forward way and used specific music to explain your view of products. And you wrote a solid show report of Munich 2016 -- that was a lot of work. Did you write for anyone else?
Hi Tim, thanks for the compliments. I have never written for anyone else, just PF.

I elect Ron to record the YouTube video of Ked's first operating assembled home system.

Provided he uses my LPs...

That will be after Ked's video of Ron's system in Zero Distortion comparing tonearms and cartridges.

I already know how zyx sounds and like it, thought not my favorite, but I would be happy with it. Grado I have compared at audioquattr's. It was nice but then audioquattr has other carts. At Anamighty's, the Reed 5T did not impress among their other arm combos. The Glanz with a Koetsu blue sky through consolidated and phasemation SUT was by far the best. The SUTs were used for various other carts. I also get to hear the 5T with the Atlas Lambda at KJ West One in London on my visits.

I don't think Ron's masala of IO Eclipse, VTL pre, and Jadis power underpowering the ribbons is a fair way to assess the arm/cart compares (Ron only has to upload his Mehta Mahler 3, recorded in September, to show the underpowering). In his polite visit report Al said Ron was not happy with his analog.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing