Visit to Chris to See Magico M9 and VYGER and Pilium in Southlake, Texas

Actually, in a WBF forum sort of way, it is. If you read some posts on this thread, Ron has been found guilty as charged.

That's your language. What occurred seems pretty obvious as told by those involved. Do you dispute what they describe?

You don't how to get what you want. Ad hominems may give you a momentary thrill but they are ineffective. Instead, make the case why dealers should video tape other dealer's products and comment about them. Tell us how that is a good. Can you get beyond personal entertainment? Take a position on issues and defend them instead of whining about Ron Resnick.

make the case why dealers should video tape other dealer's products and comment about them.

This is your contrived resolution. No reason for Dude to take the bait on an arguably faulty characterization.

I think you and Peter have stirred this pot enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Argonaut
Too much aggression and meaningless bitching for me. I already posted why the video, if done properly, should not be an issue and have no intention of repeating. I don't argue if there is no reason to do so. There is clearly prejudiced animosity (and likely something much deeper) going on here but some folks apparently can't let it go. And I am going to add one person to my ignore list.

Reactions: Argonaut
I already posted why the video, if done properly, should not be an issue and have no intention of repeating.

You have no skin in the game other than your personal entertainment, so you miss the salient points. It is not about the video quality. It is not about personalities. Even if the video was decent I suspect Bob and Chris would still maintain their perspective, as would I.

Reactions: Rhapsody
This is another good and fair question! I have thought about this a lot myself.

The empirical evidence suggests to me that viewers on my YouTube channel -- an overlapping constituency, but a different constituency than members of WBF -- like to see video of systems rather than still photos. It's a simple as that.

And if I'm recording video of systems I visit it makes more sense to me to record the audio of those systems actually playing music, than it does to overdub a CD of random music.
Then for gods sake man get a serious recording device so you don’t have to always apologise and hand wring over the damn video quality.

Too much aggression and meaningless bitching for me. I already posted why the video, if done properly, should not be an issue and have no intention of repeating. I don't argue if there is no reason to do so. There is clearly prejudiced animosity (and likely something much deeper) going on here but some folks apparently can't let it go. And I am going to add one person to my ignore list.
By Ron’s own admission the video was substandard…so, not properly done would be an appropriate verdict and not posting it then the appropriate (non) action.

You have no skin in the game other than your personal entertainment, so you miss the salient points. It is not about the video quality. It is not about personalities. Even if the video was decent I suspect Bob and Chris would still maintain their perspective, as would I.
Actually, I think the video quality is relevant to the discussion. If it had been stellar I think there would be much less angst about its posting. It should have been privately shared first and given the thumbs up prior to public display and if thumbs down were given then not posted and just a verbal explanation of the event presented.

Then for gods sake man get a serious recording device so you don’t have to always apologise and hand wring over the damn video quality.

I think that's the easiest solution. It is obvious by now that Ron is not going to give up making videos, but then at least he should make sure there is a minimum of acceptable sound quality. As you say in a later post there would have been much less angst about the video if the sound quality would have been much better than it is. The current sound is just painful to listen to.

I think that's the easiest solution. It is obvious by now that Ron is not going to give up making videos, but then at least he should make sure there is a minimum of acceptable sound quality. As you say in a later post there would have been much less angst about the video if the sound quality would have been much better than it is. The current sound is just painful to listen to.
Yes, and use some discretion and honest reflection about whether the SQ is up to snuff and if not then don't publish.

He should talk to Moiz Audio and find out what he does to record as his stuff is often the best on YT.

The video was a scoop by our intrepid reporter because it’s the only one of the Dallas M9 playing music. The quality of the video is not the issue at all. In fact it doesn’t matter because he got his thousand views on YouTube, and 20 pages of discussion on his website.

I believe this is the motivation behind the whole thing. It has not been taken down because it generates all this discussion and eyeballs for the website and the video channel. Eyeballs, clicks, and views matter to the advertisers. This is business, and Ron is now in the business of the HiEND, approaching it from many different directions with all of the conflicts that that entails. Judgement does not really matter because it’s a small cottage industry and Ron is a nice guy. It is all good, no worries, nothing to see here. Let’s move along. Mission accomplished.

Mission accomplished.

That reminds me of the infamous one, with all the subsequent chaos and carnage associated. Like this video.

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75
Yes, if it were myself posting about a dealer visit (particularly one where we have directly competing lines) I’d sure never post a drive-by video, but out of respect for my host only put together a video from a lengthy visit. A video I felt represented my very best effort to shine the most positive light.

if you’re going too walk this knifes edge and tread into unprecedented territory, do it with some integrity and respect to the host and the manufacturers. Go out of your way and not fall back on “thats how i do all my videos” because the situation demands more than that.

Or not do it at all.

Yes, if it were myself posting about a dealer visit (particularly one where we have directly competing lines) I’d sure never post a drive-by video, but out of respect for my host only put together a video from a lengthy visit. A video I felt represented my very best effort to shine the most positive light.

if you’re going too walk this knifes edge and tread into unprecedented territory, do it with some integrity and respect to the host and the manufacturers. Go out of your way and not fall back on “thats how i do all my videos” because the situation demands more than that.

Or not do it at all.
I took the 2nd option, I hung up my reviewer's pen when I went into the industry. If I stop being involved in the industry as a dealer, I will consider reviewing again....just like to keep things clean...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing