Wadax Server PSU unit has now arrived

Maybe one final question in this regard, Elliot: although always (somewhat) arbitrary, is it possible for you to mention a percentage as regards how much better the Wadax reference server sounds in your view with its dedicated PSU? If I understand you correctly the progress in music reproduction is really significant, that is we are not talking about only 2-3% or something like that.
I am sorry but I don't think in those terms. When you have a system and you can make it better, more enjoyable, more involving, and spend more time listening without wanting to stop then this is what I am looking for . I don't have a number however its not a small change to me.
if someone said to me this gizmo will give you 2 percent more honestly I probably would laugh and say thanks but Im not interested. I have a lot of time and work invested in my room and in my system these serious positive changes don't come around that often. I am , as stated many times, a believer in getting the system and room to work and work together. You wont find me comparing this gizmo to that one. This is not of interest to me. I am not trying to fix set up errors and mistakes with equipment by buying other equipment. I want to listen to music. I find things or they find me from different ways but mostly they come from my inner circle and when I like something I share it. I send music to my friends all the time, sometimes they like it sometimes they don't. That really isnt the point the point is sharing stuff I like.
IMO if you have the server and the DAC its a no brainer to add this and you WILL thank me :)

Reactions: Docluis
I can understand why you always show everyone your knowledge but I am sure you bought many things without knowing measurements.

Respect your time and everyone else's.

Who is addressing measurements? Be happy - I am not spending too much time answering to your impulsive out of context advice. I was just answering to member sbnx.

I have decided to add the Reference Server power supply to my system. I will report on my impressions in a couple of months after it arrives. If you make the type of investment it takes to field a Wadax system in your room, you can't go halfway.

I have decided to add the Reference Server power supply to my system. I will report on my impressions in a couple of months after it arrives. If you make the type of investment it takes to field a Wadax system in your room, you can't go halfway.
Congrats. Will you include one or more of the Wadax top of the line dc cables?

IMO you will be very pleased.

Congrats. Will you include one or more of the Wadax top of the line dc cables?
Not initially. I want to hear the system without it first.

Cincy

Installed a Wadax DAC and Server yesterday which replaced anm MSB Select 2 and Digital Director.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
sorry I have an NDA its n Oligarch :)

Reactions: Googaliser
Well, that's it. I'm requiring NDA's for all future equipment placements, so I can at least feel like an oligarch.

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda
I've had my Wadax Reference Power Supply up and running for a few days now. I admit I had low expectations but the result of the upgrade has been very positive. My usual critical listening files all showed improvements. Vocals and instruments were denser and more saturated. Sounds that were located far back and far left/right in the soundstage were greater in amplitude and stood out starkly from the background. Rise and fall times on percussion instruments were more pronounced. My verdict its that somehow this supply has improved an already remarkable system. The issue of value should be a concern to anyone in this part of the marketplace. I abandoned those considerations years ago and drank the Kool Aid. I am using the standard umbilicals connecting power supplies to the Server and DAC. Now we have to decide if the outrageously priced premium versions belong with the system. Maybe next year. I'm pretty sure I can get a home trial from my very competent and cooperative Dealer at Liquid HiFi.

I've had my Wadax Reference Power Supply up and running for a few days now. I admit I had low expectations but the result of the upgrade has been very positive. My usual critical listening files all showed improvements. Vocals and instruments were denser and more saturated. Sounds that were located far back and far left/right in the soundstage were greater in amplitude and stood out starkly from the background. Rise and fall times on percussion instruments were more pronounced. My verdict its that somehow this supply has improved an already remarkable system. The issue of value should be a concern to anyone in this part of the marketplace. I abandoned those considerations years ago and drank the Kool Aid. I am using the standard umbilicals connecting power supplies to the Server and DAC. Now we have to decide if the outrageously priced premium versions belong with the system. Maybe next year. I'm pretty sure I can get a home trial from my very competent and cooperative Dealer at Liquid HiFi.
congrats!

great feedback! it helps. thank you.

i'm wrestling with this move myself, as far as system priorities. have to choose.

Last edited:
great feedback! it helps. thank you.

i'm wrestling with this move myself, as far as system priorities. have to choose.
How much is this power supply, then?

Out of fairness to my Distributor I won't reveal the price I paid but I will say it is significantly less than Mike's information. It is definitely a significant investment but not quite that bad.

Cincy

Reactions: Googaliser
Out of fairness to my Distributor I won't reveal the price I paid but I will say it is significantly less than Mike's information. It is definitely a significant investment but not quite that bad.

Cincy
last year the price in Roy Gregory's review was listed at $49,700. then there was a 6% price increase.= $52,700.

dealers can sell them for what they choose to, of course. glad your's was 'not that bad'. :cool:

Last edited:
Are you still very happy with the sonic result of the PSU for the Wadax Reference server? Any new insights maybe?

Are you still very happy with the sonic result of the PSU for the Wadax Reference server? Any new insights maybe?
Still very happy with the sonic attributes of this upgrade. Another example of what I hear is a difference in trumpets. Much more saturated sound that stands out fromm the background. My Clark Terry files are a joy to listen to. They always were but more so now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing