Wadax Server PSU unit has now arrived

Still very happy with the sonic attributes of this upgrade. Another example of what I hear is a difference in trumpets. Much more saturated sound that stands out fromm the background. My Clark Terry files are a joy to listen to. They always were but more so now.
Great! Robert Harley has tested the PSU and Akasa DC cables in this December issue of TAS. He is (also) very impressed: they have won the TAS product of the year award.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Lavigne
i'm thinking seriously of giving my wife a Wadax Ref Server Power Supply for our 50th Wedding Anniversary in a month.

what do you think? would she like it? good idea? i think it's a great idea. :cool: much better than a new horn-based SET system for the living room. :rolleyes: sure hope she allows me to use it too, out in the barn, of course.

i'm thinking seriously of giving my wife a Wadax Ref Server Power Supply for our 50th Wedding Anniversary in a month.

what do you think? would she like it? good idea? i think it's a great idea. :cool: much better than a new horn-based SET system for the living room. :rolleyes: sure hope she allows me to use it too, out in the barn, of course.
Btw, your wife would really appreciate it if you would add to the PSU one or three Akasa dc cables;)

I'm thinking you're confusing your wife with the other person you most love.

I'm thinking you're confusing your wife with the other person you most love.
when you get to 50 years of actual marriage to the same person you can tell me all about how that works. :p

obviously i am just joking around. when/if "i" buy the Wadax Server power supply it will be my wife understanding me, but maybe not entirely supporting me. and it will be ok. not yet there. priorities are in flux.

Mike …Seriously , 50 year sentence of living with you … One of these :
IMG_9961.png

Or a bit of old HiFi gear … think about it ;) Congratulations to you both of course.

when you get to 50 years of actual marriage to the same person you can tell me all about how that works. :p

obviously i am just joking around. when/if "i" buy the Wadax Server power supply it will be my wife understanding me, but maybe not entirely supporting me. and it will be ok. not yet there. priorities are in flux.
50 years? It'll me a minor miracle if we get to 20. I'm not the easiest person to be with, I've learnt that in my 59 years in this mind.

Mike …Seriously , 50 year sentence of living with you … One of these :
View attachment 121281

Or a bit of old HiFi gear … think about it ;) Congratulations to you both of course.
is that the new Dartzeel Million dollars phono cartridge?

Last edited:

Hey, my wife just retired and a nice new set of Found Music Blade monos will grace our home in a week. I will make sure to tell her congratulations.

I am tracking my Wadax Akasa power supply cables coming for my Reference DAC. They should arrive here Wednesday and I am excited to see what they bring to the table and I will report on my findings. I need to do this quickly as I want to take the Marquis down and also set up the new pair of Gobel Divin Noblesse that has been sitting outside my sound room for about 10 days. I try to do things in some order so I can hear one thing at a time if I am changing parts.

Reactions: Pokey77
I am tracking my Wadax Akasa power supply cables coming for my Reference DAC. They should arrive here Wednesday and I am excited to see what they bring to the table and I will report on my findings. I need to do this quickly as I want to take the Marquis down and also set up the new pair of Gobel Divin Noblesse that has been sitting outside my sound room for about 10 days. I try to do things in some order so I can hear one thing at a time if I am changing parts.
Something to look forward to! You are a little ahead of me, Elliot; last Friday I received notice that my Wadax reference PSU and two Akasa dc cables are ready for shipment. I hope to receive them somewhere at the end of next week.

IMG_4388.jpeg
Something to look forward to! You are a little ahead of me, Elliot; last Friday I received notice that my Wadax reference PSU and two Akasa dc cables are ready for shipment. I hope to receive them somewhere at the end of next week.
My cables seem to be lost in the Matrix hope to sort it out this week
enjoy nghe ps and the cables

Hopefully you have been able to track the Akasa’s down and are enjoying yourself tremendously with them
now should be here on Tuesday and Ill be out of town till Thursday doing a Marquis install but end of next week Ill be able to play them

IMG_4428.jpeg

Reactions: WADAX
IMG_4444.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu