WestminsterLab Re-imagining Amplification

Thinking Lampi Neptune??
That would be a great option. We've spent many hours listening to the REIs driven directly by the Lampi Poseidon in one of our demo systems here on Long Island, NY and it is a simple and fantastic combination.

rob.jpeg

That would be a great option. We've spent many hours listening to the REIs driven directly by the Lampi Poseidon in one of our demo systems here on Long Island, NY and it is a simple and fantastic combination.

View attachment 134396
Rob, I love the simplicity of your system. I can't wait to listen at Chez Rob this fall. It's been too long since I've been back to the Big Apple.

Reactions: lscangus
Good afternoon, everyone. Angus sent photos of the WestminsterLab Rei amplifiers and Quest preamplifier powering large Estelons along with the mighty Taiko Olympus at the Hong Kong Audio Show. As far as I know, this is the first public showing of this intriguing new product!

Attachments

• IMG-20240809-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240809-WA0000.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20240809-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240809-WA0001.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-20240809-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240809-WA0002.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 33
Good afternoon, everyone. Angus sent photos of the WestminsterLab Rei amplifiers and Quest preamplifier powering large Estelons along with the mighty Taiko Olympus at the Hong Kong Audio Show. As far as I know, this is the first public showing of this intriguing new product!
Hopefully soon Rob, Fred @LampiNA and myself way behind at #102, as well as I am sure many others here will have the same combo albeit with different speakers :)

Reactions: lscangus and gleeds
Since I hear good things about the Olympus onboard DAC, WestminsterLab offers a single-ended RCA card for the Quest balanced preamplifier. That said, we exhibited at the SF Bay Area Audio show; with the Horizon DAC in use, I have never heard better with our electronics. I'll watch how the bar moves once the Lampizator/Olympus interface is implemented. Kudos to Lukaz for aggressively pursuing this and being the first to offer it!

Last edited:
Yes, the Rei were even smaller (size-wise) than I had imagined, but the sound was anything but small. Kudos to the Westminster Lab team !

Since I hear good things about the Olympus onboard DAC, WestminsterLab offers a single-ended RCA card for the Quest balanced preamplifier. That said, we exhibited at the SF Bay Area Audio show; with the Horizon DAC in use, I have never heard better with our electronics. I'll watch how the bar moves once the Lampizator/Olympus interface is implemented. Kudos to Lukaz for aggressively pursuing this and being the first to offer it!
It was a great show and thank you Gary for posting the picture. I've work with Ben ( From Volent Audio ) for many years and it was a beautiful setup he had put together at the show. The Olympus DAC is really something interesting ( the unit was brand new, so I will need a bit more listening to give my verdict )!

Reactions: mxk116
Angus Volent does a great job and has a beautiful showroom in HK. I am excited to visit before the year is out. Of course, when you listen more, make sure to compare the Olympus not only to other front ends but also to your superb vinyl rig!

Attachments

• IMG-20240726-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240726-WA0001.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20240726-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20240726-WA0004.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-20240726-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240726-WA0000.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 22
It's panel time!

Recently, I have had fun experiences with Reis powering Clarisys and Alysvox. You will ask which I like better, so I will dodge a bullet and honestly say I like both.

The Clarisys Studio + is incredible value for money. It does not play as big as the Auditoriums but retains all its essential qualities. The Piccolos remains one of the best values in high-end audio.

The Botticellis with external crossovers are refined and easy to get lost in. Auditoriums scale better for significant orchestral works, electronic music, etc.

Both Clarisys and Alysvox play incredibly well with Westminsterlab. Powering Ron's Studio + with a single pair of Rei is no problem!

It's a good time to be a panel lover. Next, I'll hear the Diptuques powered by Reis, albeit I do not expect them to match the speed and transparency of the ribbons. We will see:)

IMG_1367 (1).jpgimage1 (2).jpegIMG_1367 (1).jpgimage3.jpeg

Attachments

• PXL_20240819_180111166.jpg
    PXL_20240819_180111166.jpg
    848.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I have installed the Westminster Labs Ultra XLR ICs between the Poseidon and the REIs with a Paradox Pulse "digital" SPDIF cable to the Jay's Audio CDt3 Mk3 transport into Von Schwiekert VR9 SE Mk2 upgraded. I am now enjoying the out of the box sound of 1000s of well recorded music CDs that I experienced with the Von Schweikert Ultra 9 and 11 speakers at two shows. Astounding and so great that it rivals my best analog. I force myself to go to bed after listening for 2 to 4 hours nightly. The performers are often in front of me (with percussion accompaniment similarly located to the rear and center in early stereo recordings). Thrilling yet relaxed at a very wide range of volume settings, maintaining both dynamic contrasts and the full tone/body of the instruments/singers. It's relaxed as there the music sounds like it's being performed in front of me. Not in a large room (20X15X10-although of custom built quality). The money spent on matching cables is worth the result.

I'm extremely satisfied with my choices with the expert assistance of Gary Leeds.

That's wonderful! Congratulations! Enjoy the music!

Reactions: SeagoatLeo
I have installed the Westminster Labs Ultra XLR ICs between the Poseidon and the REIs with a Paradox Pulse "digital" SPDIF cable to the Jay's Audio CDt3 Mk3 transport into Von Schwiekert VR9 SE Mk2 upgraded. I am now enjoying the out of the box sound of 1000s of well recorded music CDs that I experienced with the Von Schweikert Ultra 9 and 11 speakers at two shows. Astounding and so great that it rivals my best analog. I force myself to go to bed after listening for 2 to 4 hours nightly. The performers are often in front of me (with percussion accompaniment similarly located to the rear and center in early stereo recordings). Thrilling yet relaxed at a very wide range of volume settings, maintaining both dynamic contrasts and the full tone/body of the instruments/singers. It's relaxed as there the music sounds like it's being performed in front of me. Not in a large room (20X15X10-although of custom built quality). The money spent on matching cables is worth the result.

I'm extremely satisfied with my choices with the expert assistance of Gary Leeds.
Thank you for the kudos, Stephen. Receiving messages like this has been the pleasure of my involvement and career in audio. Keep listening and enjoying always!

Reactions: steve williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu