What are members recommendations on current turntables in the $15K to $22K price range?

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Hi Gary,
That is kind of you.
I am in the UK so a bit of a trek to Axpona so trust you will understand why I won't be able to take up your kind invitation
Best
Barry
No worries Barry. Good luck with your search!

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I forced my translator to listen to the end of this video when they compared the two tables.

SL-1000R: it had no noise, good SN ratio, sound is very clear but no character of its own, works well with any genre of music, sounds digital (CD).

TAT2: is more real, vocals more precise, softer overall sound, good SN ratio also, they were thinking the IME1 played a role in the vocals sounding better.

Translator had to leave and couldn’t finish the video. Will try and post more later.

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I forced my translator to listen to the end of this video when they compared the two tables.

SL-1000R: it had no noise, good SN ratio, sound is very clear but no character of its own, works well with any genre of music, sounds digital (CD).

TAT2: is more real, vocals more precise, softer overall sound, good SN ratio also, they were thinking the IME1 played a role in the vocals sounding better.

Translator had to leave and couldn’t finish the video. Will try and post more later.

I agree and not about SL-1000R sounds digital...or not...
To be or not to be is the question..LOL

That's I have worte April 25, 2022...

With the Technics SL-1000R, the ART-9 sounds like a CD.
With the VPI Classic 3, the ART-9 sounds like a vinyl.
I have two ART-9...and I prefer now the ZYX Ultimate 4D...with the Technics SL-1000R...This last combination are in a great synergy.
ZYX Ultimate 4D...with the Technics SL-1000R beats easily my Esoteric K-03XS with my Mark Levinson N360S....
Even with ZYX Ultimate 4D...with the Technics SL-1000R, the introduction 'Money for nothing' has more bass than the CD or SACD...

The post is here :

ZYX Ultimate 4D...with the Technics SL-1000R has a real vinyl sound.

Reactions: hogen

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing