What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

Stale Kleiberg, he's new to me, many thanks for that Bachtoven. Listening to album of violin concerto and double bass concerto atm. Lovely stuff.

Big +1 lovely stuff Bachtoven, I’m with jandl100 on very much enjoying listening to Kleibergs Violin concerto and the Double Bass and orchestra Concerto… quite compelling, really nice thank you guys. These concertos remind me very much of the works of Samuel Barber… which is saying something.

Much appreciated addition to the listening list.

More Kleiberg loveliness - his Mass for Modern Man.
There's something Vaughan Williams-y about this piece. That's a very strong positive for me!

Reactions: Andrew S.
It's hard to beat the Alpha label for great Baroque recordings. Anyway, yes, the organists are not using some puny Baroque organ, but they don't turn these works into Louis Vierne, either!
24/96 FLAC...Qobuz has it, too.

View attachment 80647
You're right!
This is absolutely delightful.
Gorgeous performance and sound.
Handel's organ concerti - Haselbock.

Reactions: rando
Wow...

1627849329242.png

Superbly played and recorded transcriptions for guitar.

1627857483972.png

More SACD goodness. No. 29 and 38 today.

1627861087360.png

Reactions: Addicted to hifi
Haydn 2032 no 10 - first listening after I am back home

Attachments

• 2885CC1D-1B52-4599-9BF9-E5CBD283E65B.jpeg
    2885CC1D-1B52-4599-9BF9-E5CBD283E65B.jpeg
    805.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 9F909494-4ADC-4F9E-A25C-E7597D24EB3F.jpeg
    9F909494-4ADC-4F9E-A25C-E7597D24EB3F.jpeg
    704.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: rando and christoph
Piano trios by Johann Denninger on cpo.
Pleasantly upbeat and entertaining, good sound quality, too.

Very passionate playing and great sound on this LP--perhaps my favorite version. Interestingly, it was recorded digitally in 1992 but remastered with an analog Telefunken tape deck.

1627946413276.png

Reactions: Addicted to hifi
Very passionate playing and great sound on this LP--perhaps my favorite version. Interestingly, it was recorded digitally in 1992 but remastered with an analog Telefunken tape deck.

View attachment 80696
Same as this one?

Remarkably good sonics and a great rendition:

View attachment 80454

We just got this after reading here somewhere it is the best rendered Four Seasons given its mastering/transfer quality...just had to try it. Picked it up 2 weeks ago off ebay. Great stuff! Still in rotation!

Reactions: Bachtoven
Same as this one?

Remarkably good sonics and a great rendition:

View attachment 80454

We just got this after reading here somewhere it is the best rendered Four Seasons given its mastering/transfer quality...just had to try it. Picked it up 2 weeks ago off ebay. Great stuff! Still in rotation!
Yep, that's it. I love it! I recently bought a DSD download of Rachael Podger's version, which I thought was fine, but now it sounds positively pedestrian next to Carmignola's!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing