What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

rando

Sep 22, 2019
This was long overdue after having sampled a few of the Gardiner discs previously. Fairly safe choices this and the "Easter Oratio/Ascension Oratio" SACD. I've been collecting box sets lately so who knows.

Bachtoven

May 10, 2015
Wonderful transcriptions, playing, and sound.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Only for "Symphonies of Wind Instruments" and "Apollon musagète." Which turned out to be lovely pieces mastered to reflect listening with cotton stuffed in one's ears. Baby 'Rattle'.

Reactions: Hifi man

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
1632686752949.png

Reactions: Andrew S.

Andrew S.

Mar 20, 2021
Hobart, Tasmania
This wonderful LP arrived today. Great playing and sound. Arrau's weighty sonority is perfect for Brahms.
View attachment 82080

Oh yes - a really, really good performance - happenstance I listened to this last week while having a Brahms fest. Pretty hard to beat Arrau, the CO and Haitnik.

By the by - saw the RCO once in Sydney at the Opera House - horrid space for folks that haven't been there (looks pretty from the outside - is like a barn inside) - my word what musicianship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hifi man

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing