What do you think of this video

What do you think of this video. And this is not directed to those who think every mobile phone video is trash, thanks. Please listen to the end for the brass and the woodwinds

This sounds considerably better to me than the YG setup. Much more harmonic complexity on the violin and overall fullness of the orchestra.

Agree the WB setup has the drive and fire to the piece --the sad YG's I'm sorry are not in that race.
I still feel though the (Big) WB speakers are loading the room too much--there appears little breathing space --more traps will not solve that .

BruceD

Agree the WB setup has the drive and fire to the piece --the sad YG's I'm sorry are not in that race.
I still feel though the (Big) WB speakers are loading the room too much--there appears little breathing space --more traps will not solve that .

BruceD
That could be, I was only reacting to the relative difference in what I heard. Without hearing this piece live or on some other reference level systems it is hard to say where the limits of the system and recording lie

Reactions: BruceD
Thank you for your always great insight. Here is the WB with 2 more bass trap at the back. Now the intergration and sound is even more seemless.
This system resolution is off the chart due to the expensive cabling. His cables should retail around your speakers or more.
What is the album? Who is the artist. May be I could find it on vinyl.

Reactions: Hieukm
Kronos, top Graham, koetsu blue lace into CH phono. Michael Rabin. Koetsu sounding very good. Stereo repress

Last edited:
Reactions: Hieukm
You trying to make Mr Tang buying cables cost more than his speakers? :)
My freebie SME phono cable can make violin vibrate to skin even listening youtube. So far I haven't felt anything yet from the hair on my arm here :p. Very good sound still.

Reactions: ddk
My freebie SME phono cable can make violin vibrate to skin even listening youtube. So far I haven't felt anything yet from the hair on my arm here :p. Very good sound still.
Thank you for assuring a fellow of Cessaro + tube + kuro user. Our sound dominate this lowly WB setup haha.

I thought I'd put this up as a comparison to the other Wilson Benesch system given it's the same amplification. Bear in mind the Eminence speakers in the other video are about 3x the price of the Resolutions here.
To me, you can tell the system has much more space to breathe which gives more flow to the music, which I find much more preferable. There is less clarity though, which I put down to DAC (CH vs Lampi), speakers, near-field vs far-field listening, and the vagaries of recording with a phone, but notwithstanding this, I thought it interesting.

Music starts about 10 sec in btw.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill
I thought I'd put this up as a comparison to the other Wilson Benesch system given it's the same amplification. Bear in mind the Eminence speakers in the other video are about 3x the price of the Resolutions here.
To me, you can tell the system has much more space to breathe which gives more flow to the music, which I find much more preferable. There is less clarity though, which I put down to DAC (CH vs Lampi), speakers, near-field vs far-field listening, and the vagaries of recording with a phone, but notwithstanding this, I thought it interesting.

Music starts about 10 sec in btw.

It is good everyone has Scheherazade Reiner. Imo It is a great piece of music to demonstrate how good the system is and compare. The music has pretty much all elements to see if a system can present. It has the flow, the dynamic range, the rise and fall, the surge from quiet to loud, the delicacy, the haunting hollowness of woodwinds, the movement from one instrument from one place to another, the instrument great timbre and differentiation, the layering, the portray of different location of different group of instruments, the ambient air of venue, the build up, the excitement....basically everything. A good listening "experience" of this piece can make you stand on your feet with joy and blood rushing within. When comparing systems with Scheherazade I like to pay attention from around 3:00 (in this case) and on for 3 minute and that should be enough.

Yes this system lacks transparency if he can identify what causes that then he will open the door to really experience the Reiner's Scheherazade. Hope he doesn't need half a million $ of cables to get that though. :)

Btw I think that WB system with 10 tampons in the back can do very well with this Scheherazade.

Last edited:
It is good everyone has Scheherazade Reiner. Imo It is a great piece of music to demonstrate how good the system is and compare. The music has pretty much all elements to see if a system can present. It has the flow, the dynamic range, the rise and fall, the surge from quiet to loud, the delicacy, the haunting hollowness of woodwinds, the movement from one instrument from one place to another, the instrument great timbre and differentiation, the layering, the portray of different location of different group of instruments, the ambient air of venue, the build up, the excitement....basically everything. A good listening "experience" of this piece can make you stand on your feet with joy and blood rushing within. When comparing systems with Scheherazade I like to pay attention from around 3:00 (in this case) and on for 3 minute and that should be enough.

Yes this system lacks transparency if he can identify what causes that then he will open the door to really experience the Reiner's Scheherazade. Hope he doesn't need half a million $ of cables to get that though. :)

No one has my favorite version it seems. In fact I can't seem to find another good copy... It's not a Living Stereo.

My favorite is Mehta/ LA on Decca
I bought too because I saw you have it (That is already an endorsement.)
But for the purpose of system evaluation I think the Reiner is really the one. I have maybe a dozen different Scheherazade. My favorite is a Russian one.

Wonder why the Kronos can do the quiet part so good when there are two platters rotating. Although the designer proposed that they counter cancelling the movement generated by themself, still the more moving parts the more moving variable and more noise to my logic. The Kronos played with the Opus1 spooked me with the quiet thing even more than the AF1P. Most tape like sound tt than others that have been in my system. I think the motor and the speed control could be improve further. The designer gave me his wooden record weight that I never tried.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing