What do you think of this video

What do you think of this video. And this is not directed to those who think every mobile phone video is trash, thanks. Please listen to the end for the brass and the woodwinds

@Tango @Audiophile Bill @the sound of Tao Please tell you what you think about the same recording of track "Tango"? Do you think it has the same synthetic trait as WB system?
Hi Hieukm,

Tbo I am not sure if I understand the term "plasticky" the same way other people said it. On the WB Tango video, I did not pay much attention to tone because I took for granted that it was playing digital. Only when people mentioned it sounded plasticky that I went back and paid attention to it. Then I mentioned the word "synthetic" because I was unsure of the term plasticky. Anyway I think the tone of YG Tango in all instrument not only violin has not enough texture, too slippery smooth, almost glass coated-like and in a sense more synthetic. Where as I actually had no issue with the tone of WB Tango because the degree of glass-coating is not significant enough to distract me. Other positive factors over-shadowed it. That system surprised me.

Reactions: Hieukm
Hi Hieukm,

Tbo I am not sure if I understand the term "plasticky" the same way other people said it. On the WB Tango video, I did not pay much attention to tone because I took for granted that it was playing digital. Only when people mentioned it sounded plasticky that I went back and paid attention to it. Then I mentioned the word "synthetic" because I was unsure of the term plasticky. Anyway I think the tone of YG Tango in all instrument not only violin has not enough texture, too slippery smooth, almost glass coated-like and in a sense more synthetic. Where as I actually had no issue with the tone of WB Tango because the degree of glass-coating is not significant enough to distract me. Other positive factors over-shadowed it. That system surprised me.
Thank you for your always great insight. Here is the WB with 2 more bass trap at the back. Now the intergration and sound is even more seemless.
This system resolution is off the chart due to the expensive cabling. His cables should retail around your speakers or more.

Thank you for your always great insight. Here is the WB with 2 more bass trap at the back. Now the intergration and sound is even more seemless.
This system resolution is off the chart due to the expensive cabling. His cables should retail around your speakers or more.
This video instruments are more articulate but it comes at the expense of recording ambient which presented more in the light out video. The additional bass traps seem to clean out ambient info and lost the charm. Listen and compare from 1:06 of both videos. You will hear better than I explain. If I were the owner I would stick the additional two tampons up Ked's arse.

Cable that cost more than my speakers makes my head hurt. o_O

Reactions: PeterA

This sounds considerably better to me than the YG setup. Much more harmonic complexity on the violin and overall fullness of the orchestra.

This video instruments are more articulate but it comes at the expense of recording ambient which presented more in the light out video. The additional bass traps seem to clean out ambient info and lost the charm. Listen and compare from 1:06 of both videos. You will hear better than I explain. If I were the owner I would stick the additional two tampons up Ked's arse.

Cable that cost more than my speakers makes my head hurt. o_O

I agree I preferred 10 to 12 traps on the video

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Previously piega in the WB room used to boom much more.

I tried to find the video on his channel but couldn't, but this one is good. I think that Piega is a good speaker based on this though needs a buffer one

I would recommend the owner to include some diffusion in his room and remove the last couple of traps as it has gone a tad dry for my taste.

I would think the brick walls help matters. I suspect typical drywall sheet rock would be much worse.

Those tube traps seem a middle size in diameter so I wonder what frequencies they are designed to attenuate in the corners. I am also curious about whether or not there has been experimentation with rotation of the reflection strip on the tube traps.

I would think the brick walls help matters. I suspect typical drywall sheet rock would be much worse.

Those tube traps seem a middle size in diameter so I wonder what frequencies they are designed to attenuate in the corners. I am also curious about whether or not there has been experimentation with rotation of the reflection strip on the tube traps.

Yes I have brick and concrete walls that help considerably as well as very high and sloping ceilings.

IMG_0753.JPG

Previously piega in the WB room used to boom much more.

I tried to find the video on his channel but couldn't, but this one is good. I think that Piega is a good speaker based on this though needs a buffer one
My ex could play this piece quite well...she was more amazing the more technical the piece got. Romantic pieces she was perfect but lacking a bit of "soul".

Reactions: bonzo75
Brad - you could make use of that roof by coupling a bass horn to it :)

Oh Yeah....it extends up another 3 meters or so beyond what's in the photo. Overall it starts at the speaker end at about 3-3.5 meters and goes up to at least 7meters at the other end of the room. In my previous listening room (upstairs bedroom now) the speaker end started at just above the speakers to about 5 meters at the listening end. The sound was very good in that room too with no treatment.

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing