What is new in my music library? (recent purchases I enjoy)

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Leon Bridges has been in CONSTANT rotation doc....check out his NPR Tiny Desk concert.. Seeing him shortly.

...and Richard Thompson thurs..a life long dream coming true...

Love the Leon Bridges. Balthazar and Deerhunter are in this year's top 10. Will spin Eilen Jewell and Los Lobos tonight...

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
...and Richard Thompson thurs..a life long dream coming true...
Saw him a couple of times yrs ago st BSoM and once with Linda. Missed the Thompson family tour, though.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Bought this last month. Jóhann Jóhannsson is one of my favorite composers. Another one that I own is Copenhagen Dreams:

A picture that no doubt only makes sense for those living in his homeland of Iceland and us living way north :).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Didn't have this one. Seems like a lovely modern composition and at very attractive price for a high-res track on HDTracks at just $12: http://www.hdtracks.com/nils-frahm-solo

It is in my cart. Word to the wise. The fastest way to go financially broke is to try to keep up with Mr. Linderman's music purchases! :D I did that for a week or so and literally had to stop before draining the bank account :).

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Didn't know him, was looking for Olafur Arnalds stuff on amazon and he was one of the other suggestions.
Thankfully I have a full collection of Olafur Arnalds so I am safe from financial ruin on that front. :D I discovered him a few years ago and I don't think he has composed a single track I don't like.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Not exactly similar, but on the same label as Nils Frahm (Erased Tapes), is this one here:

Kiasmos - Kiasmos Full Album (Continuous Mix)

A customer brought his LP to the store to check it out on our big rig, and the bass was off the charts, truly incredible!

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Ray Brown Trio Live at Starbucks and Ray Brown Trio Live from New York to Tokyo (2 CD set). Three excellent recordings.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
See? It happened again. I go searching for the download version on HDTracks and Prostudiomasters and they don't have this album but they do have this: http://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/2561

I then look in my email and see a 15% coupon from Prostudiomasters waiting to expire in two days. Bam! Damage is done. The album is in my cart.

Thank heavens they don't have the album he suggested or the damage would double. But as the say, the day is young. I have to see what else Mr. Lindeman put in front of us. No checkout until then. Pray for me please.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
First pressing with a cover like yours was by CBS running from 1982-1987.
With a cover like mine was the second pressing by Sony from 2000-?.
Music is the same.
Come to think of it, this was one of the first CDs I ever bought when I got my player in 1982 or so!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing