What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
he was revered, loved even. personally he was a jerk, but that was part of the whole magic at the time. later he grew up and mellowed personally.

Just watched him strike out an entire inning - that man can throw a ball lol.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Wow!

Congratulations Gian!!! :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Gian's Vyger Atlantis

Attachments

• 3E458A98-3483-4DAD-9AEE-FDA98115BEBB.jpg
    3E458A98-3483-4DAD-9AEE-FDA98115BEBB.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 519

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
The best analog sound heard, It’s a breathtaking product for the discerning few.
Continuum Criterion turntable and Sensitive Sound MC CARTRIDGES VERONA Y-12S, Copperhead Cobra tonearm.

The Verona is a bargain ($4555) in the context of this type of system. I've got one enroute for demonstration if any North American members want to try it out. And also the top T-8 Violet :)

Just takes an arm that can swing a 22-23g cart....

Ozzi

Nov 27, 2015
The Verona is a bargain ($4555) in the context of this type of system. I've got one enroute for demonstration if any North American members want to try it out. And also the top T-8 Violet :)

Just takes an arm that can swing a 22-23g cart....

It is very cool to have such an exclusive North American dealer for the Sensitive Sound of MS cartridges.
Unfortunately there is no dealer England for Sensitive Sound.

With this project I want to express the real nature of money and tell the true history of the status of the best sound!
I love the Sensitive Sound and delicacy of the work, and the fact that it is very transparent!

mountainjoe

Industry Expert
Mar 25, 2015
Bay Area, California
eigenaudio.com
I was originally going to purchase this review unit after Richard Mak was done with his review but opted for one in a silver finish to match the rest of my components - https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/07/artisan-fidelity-technics-sp10-mk3-ngs.html#more

It should hopefully ship out to me this week though I won't be able to set it up until the end of the month. I'm really excited to hear this TT in my system and will be running a two tonearm setup - one is an FR64s and the other is an FR66s - should be fun!

Cheers, Joe

Reactions: XV-1

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Garbarek Triptykon was really a great choice for the first tests of an arriving EMT 927 - no setup at all, just 1.75 g in the stylus and it sounds immediate, natural and alive. Bass is unbelievable. Now I need a new rack before the old Zoethecus fall in pieces ...

And all David says about the SME 3012R in the proper turntable is true!

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 322

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Garbarek Triptykon was really a great choice for the first tests of an arriving EMT 927 - no setup at all, just 1.75 g in the stylus and it sounds immediate, natural and alive. Bass is unbelievable. Now I need a new rack before the old Zoethecus fall in pieces ...

Did you have to drill new holes on the plinth to accommodate the SME base?

Good that you don’t use the original arm and use 3012R instead. Must be very pleasing listening experience.

Kind regards,
Tang

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Did you have to drill new holes on the plinth to accommodate the SME base?

Good that you don’t use the original arm and use 3012R instead. Must be very pleasing listening experience.

Kind regards,
Tang

Not at this moment. The EMT hole is 32 mm diameter. I built an intermediate base to elevate the whole system 1.5mm and took out the SME connector - the wires are soldered directly to the connectors shown in the photo. The base is attached to the EMT with a special extra strong double sided gluing tape used to attach pieces during machining in routers - the rigidity is similar to what we get with grommets and screws.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

Welcome to the Beyond Francisco :)!

david

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Not at this moment. The EMT hole is 32 mm diameter. I built an intermediate base to elevate the whole system 1.5mm and took out the SME connector - the wires are soldered directly to the connectors shown in the photo. The base is attached to the EMT with a special extra strong double sided gluing tape used to attach pieces during machining in routers - the rigidity is similar to what we get with grommets and screws.

I don’t see you are using a record weight. Just for your info, I find my Techdas normal record weight, I think it is stainless steel, doesn’t round off highs. While my Dalby wooden record weight round off highs a little and accentuate mids. I think David recommends a cheap audio Technica stainless steel one, but I never got to buy because I am just too HiSo stupid for it :rolleyes:.

Kind regards,
Tang

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

That is an amazing set up. Congrats.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

I must be late to the party ! Wow !!!! Spin in good health ! Congrats Francisco ;)

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike,
I know you had some EMT's...did you ever have a 927?

I had a NOS EMT 948 in my room for a few years. the stock arm/vdH cart was a limitation.....later I heard it with a Durand Kairos and it was really fine sounding.

never even sniffed a 927. but was very impressed hearing it at David's. preferred the American Sound.....but it was in the neighborhood.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing