What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Isn’t there the other guy in Belgium with the Magico / Alieno system too?

Another WBF member will also be joining you with the Atlantis next month, Bill.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Not you Tang?
I’ve heard this thing, it’s a work of sheer genius.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Another WBF member will also be joining you with the Atlantis next month, Bill.

Yes I heard from Ked. I am really excited about that indeed as always good to share knowledge and experience.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I should have written also that I think he will be really thrilled at what he hears - it is a very special TT indeed. Often the massively over-engineered monster tables can let one down a little due to lack of life ime. Not here - it manages that clever trick of both incredible measured performance (very low noise, incredible timing as verified on my apps) and superb tone, decay, flow, textured bass with slam.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Not me Marc. I have to eat McDonald till the end of the year. :(

Then you will never know how it sounds compared to your TTs

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Ked,
is better you go to visit Tang next year otherwise also you will eat mc Donalds

But is better you don't come to visit me otherwise you have to pay dinner to me because i bought Vyger Atlantic

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yes i bought Vyger Atlantic and will arrive 9 of July.

I had 15 years ago Indian signature and i remember fantastic sound with Graham 1.5

I listen Atlantis many times in my life and was amazing but never bought because old had some problems on pump that became very hot and lost oil,tonearm with problems,so i never bought
Now this new generation is all completely new and solved all the old problems and seem perfect.
I spoke many times with Vyger partner,mr Datti Enrico and explained all very well,
i found a new Atlantis in the shop of my friends and with a special offer he did to me i bought and 9of july him and Mr Datti will bring to me

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Yes i bought Vyger Atlantic and will arrive 9 of July.

I had 15 years ago Indian signature and i remember fantastic sound with Graham 1.5

I listen Atlantis many times in my life and was amazing but never bought because old had some problems on pump that became very hot and lost oil,tonearm with problems,so i never bought
Now this new generation is all completely new and solved all the old problems and seem perfect.
I spoke many times with Vyger partner,mr Datti Enrico and explained all very well,
i found a new Atlantis in the shop of my friends and with a special offer he did to me i bought and 9of july him and Mr Datti will bring to me

Very excited for you, Gian! Please keep me posted. Especially interested in your cart choices...

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I will put Opus 1,Atlantis and opus 1 has natural sound,stage and dynamic and good low frequency,so we see,could be a good choice

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I will put Opus 1,Atlantis and opus 1 has natural sound,stage and dynamic and good low frequency,so we see,could be a good choice

Sounds good - looking forward to your reports!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lol

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Last I checked "Unit" of a man has the same meaning there as it does here, not particularly flattering:confused:.

david

Hi David,

Alas your knowledge of British colloquialism is somewhat off piste. Firstly the General is my friend so clearly I would not select a derisory adjective. Secondly it means a tall man of broad shoulders who likely plays contact sports in my social circles.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Last I checked "Unit" of a man has the same meaning there as it does here, not particularly flattering:confused:.

david

in Seattle we had a Baseball pitcher by the name of Randy Johnson who was nick-named 'The Big Unit'.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...-fame-wild-thing-big-unit-20150106-story.html

he was 6 foot, 10 inches of nastiness. i'd argue maybe the most intimidating pitcher of all time, and one of the very best too. 'Mr. Snappy' was his best pitch. it was essentially unhittable. many batters would bail out on a regular basis.

and Randy liked his nick-name.

true story. Randy is an audiophile. he bought the WP5.1's I traded in to Definitive Audio for my WP6.0's in 1998.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
in Seattle we had a Baseball pitcher by the name of Randy Johnson who was nick-named 'The Big Unit'.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...-fame-wild-thing-big-unit-20150106-story.html

he was 6 foot, 10 inches of nastiness. i'd argue maybe the most intimidating pitcher of all time, and one of the very best too. 'Mr. Snappy' was his best pitch. it was essentially unhittable. many batters would bail out on a regular basis.

and Randy liked his nick-name.

Aha Mike. So not a million miles from my definition. Presumably this pitcher was revered? I don’t get why this would be seen as a negative?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It was just a joke, thought it was funny.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Aha Mike. So not a million miles from my definition. Presumably this pitcher was revered? I don’t get why this would be seen as a negative?

he was revered, loved even. personally he was a jerk, but that was part of the whole magic at the time. later he grew up and mellowed personally.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing