What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

That’s terrible news, Pro-Ject bought the company if I read correctly. It won’t take long to release magnetically levitated plastic turntables.

That’s not true. New, larger diameter shaft fits old models, maybe not all but certainly fits the 2010 model. I know cause I installed one and it was recommended me by Eric Verdier. Otherwise how would I know.

Hi mtemur, yes, I told Heinz I got the information here that the new shaft would fit, and asked whether he would sell me one anyway. I am waiting for his reply! Thanks

Reactions: mtemur
Always owned a turntable from the age of 12. My first proper turntable was a Dual CS501. Later, this was changed to a Michell Gyrodec which was slowly modified over two decades of tweaks including power supplies and tonearm.
Two years ago I had the opportunity to audition the Bergman Modi over several weeks, but had to hand it back as they had a buyer. I loved the deck, so was a bit miffed. Standing there in the showroom there was its bigger brother sitting in pieces and I walked out that day with with the Bergmann Galder and Odin linear arm. I hated the arm for several reasons, so it was changed to a Thor arm. Two years later I still have the deck, I’ve not looked back. Plans are as with the Gyrodec it’s gonna last me another 20 years.
_DSF9328.jpeg

Always owned a turntable from the age of 12. My first proper turntable was a Dual CS501. Later, this was changed to a Michell Gyrodec which was slowly modified over two decades of tweaks including power supplies and tonearm.
Two years ago I had the opportunity to audition the Bergman Modi over several weeks, but had to hand it back as they had a buyer. I loved the deck, so was a bit miffed. Standing there in the showroom there was its bigger brother sitting in pieces and I walked out that day with with the Bergmann Galder and Odin linear arm. I hated the arm for several reasons, so it was changed to a Thor arm. Two years later I still have the deck, I’ve not looked back. Plans are as with the Gyrodec it’s gonna last me another 20 years.
View attachment 137013
Beautiful !!!

Reactions: Urbinator
Here's my Linn Sondek LP12
(Ekos SE tonearm, Keel sub-chasis, Karousel bearing, Radikal D power supply, Lyra Kleos MC pickup),
EAR Yoshino 324 solid state phono stage.

Attachments

• PXL_20240929_163558374.jpg
    PXL_20240929_163558374.jpg
    570.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: Scott Naylor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu