What's Everyone Reading

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Guys why has nobody thought of posting political motivated you tube vids /songs yet .
If books dont convince anybody may be a song does , lol

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
You talking about hypocrisy? That's rich.

And of course it was about making a point.
Exactly what are you accusing me of being hypocritical about?

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Ron, strike this one too...again clearly political.

That's what you get when you have an obvious "politics allowed" stance on WBF with allowing political book covers to be posted.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
With nazi paraphernalia, as I said good to know who you are.

david
David,
Do you not know this book Maus? It's a famous Pulitzer prize book about the Holocaust, written by a survivor of the Holocaust. It was just banned by the right wing republican school board in Tennessee.

If you think this is Nazi paraphernalia then you are a lot less cultured than I thought you were.

Reactions: Al M.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
David,
Do you not know this book Maus? It's a famous Pulitzer prize book about the Holocaust, written by a survivor of the Holocaust. It was just banned by the right wing republican school board in Tennessee.

If you think this is Nazi paraphernalia then you are a lot less cultured than I thought you were.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it’s a duck no matter what it pretends to be.

david

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
That's what you get when you have an obvious "politics allowed" stance on WBF with allowing political book covers to be posted.
No, it's what we get when you make blatant political commentary.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it’s a duck no matter what it pretends to be.

You got caught not knowing about one of the most important books written about the Holocaust. How are embarrassing for you.

eagle32nd

Mar 8, 2021
Seriously...stop! There was a big discussion about this issue a few months back. Political books are fine to post so long as the commentary doesn't follow. I love seeing what other people are reading - whether I agree or not - and you're threatening that all for of us. Take the arguments to private messages if necessary, but don't ruin this thread.

Thanks!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Seriously...stop! There was a big discussion about this issue a few months back. Political books are fine to post so long as the commentary doesn't follow. I love seeing what other people are reading - whether I agree or not - and you're threatening that all for of us. Take the arguments to private messages if necessary, but don't ruin this thread.

Thanks!
members have been warned privately and I can promise that if it continues in a political fashion several of you will be taking an extended vacation from the board. I don't moderate. Ron is away with family and with poor internet connection. Tom has had some serious family issues that has taken him away also. So if you guys want moderation, I can promise that the ones I have warned privately will be on vacation. If all of you could only step back and see how ridiculous you sound when someone puts up an image of a book without comment and it strikes a nerve such that you behave like kids in a playground. Its when the posts get laced with profanity I can promise the offender that if it happens again it will be dealt with in the terms mentioned above. I hope I made my point. I started this thread in 2010 as I enjoy reading and the thread was a means to find new books to read.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Please see post #817, above, from July of 2021:

[W]hile the posting of a photo of the cover of a book on this thread might legitimately be viewed as political expression, we apply a bright line rule that mere photos of the covers of political books may be posted. The concept of this thread is that people post photos of the covers of the books they are reading, but no more.

While photos of the covers of political books may be posted, questions about them and comments about them and political answers to political questions about them may not be posted. People who are emotionally triggered merely by setting eyes on a photo of a cover of a book the political content of which they disagree with will just have to steel themselves against posting a comment in response.

Last edited:
Reactions: morricab and rando

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing