What's Everyone Reading

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
The concept of this thread is that people post photos of the covers of the books they are reading, but no more.

That is not factually true, Ron. The first 7 pages of this thread do not contain any photos of book covers, and there is a lot of lively discussion instead.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That is not factually true, Ron. The first 7 pages of this thread do not contain any photos of book covers, and there is a lot of lively discussion instead.

Yes; that was all before the conflagration in July of 2021 out of which this new rule was promulgated.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
5B08B3E6-4A1A-49FB-A246-35BDFBF71F52.jpeg

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Criminal novels by Jussi Adler Olsen, meanwhile, the ninth case of special commission "Q" of the police force the crimes to be reopened that were never solved. very perfidious crimes, the style of writing is so exciting that you couldn't put the book down. I don't know if the books are in English, if so read them. four books have also been filmed very well.

Buecher_von_Jussi_Adler-Olsen.jpg
the books in chronological order, bestsellers sold over 50 million copies
  1. Erbarmen (2007)
  2. Schändung (2008)
  3. Erlösung (2009)
  4. Verachtung (2011)
  5. Erwartung (2012)
  6. Verheißung (2015)
  7. Selfies (2017)
  8. Opfer 2117 (2019) » Rezension
  9. Natrium Chlorid (2021) » Rezension

Michael Davitt

VIP/Donor
Nov 3, 2020
By Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

~ Mary Elizabeth Fry

Reactions: Billygxx

tinkerphile

Nov 27, 2021
Dividing my time among four books at present:

Movement by Gray Cook
Assessment and Treatment of Muscle Imbalance: the Janda Approach by Page et al
Talent is Overrated by Geoff Colvin
The House that 'Trane Built by Ashley Kahn
Haha - Stuck there amongst the other three, we find the Assessment and Treatmen...
So funny. Love it. Anyway, how are you liking it? Strenghts, weaknesses or downsides?

tinkerphile

Nov 27, 2021
Curious as to what everyone' s reading right now

What I am really thinking about is a WBF Book Of The Month

I wish I had more time for reading so when I do I want it to be a great read from front to back. So what would you all recommend?

Let's see if many of you have the same recommendation which would give credence to it being a good read
What a great thought to do this!

tinkerphile

Nov 27, 2021
What is that? I did a Google search, didn't find a thing. You get the
Hi

I am a huge Science Fiction fan. Just re-read the fabulous Excession by Iain M. Banks and started his last (by most accounts, superlative) novel "Matter". Banks is not well known in the USA but is one of the best living Science-Fiction writer. IMHO the best I have read so far and I have been reading Sci-Fi for the past 4 decades ... Among other books .. and technical manuals
Right now hesitating between the relatively inexpensive, dedicated Amazon Kindle, The Barnes and Noble Nook and the Apple iPad . the iPad can of course do more but ... the Kindle is much cheaper and very , very easy on the eye more so than the iPad and no data plan is required to download a book .. you just pay for the book and there it is ... a few minutes that's all it takes ...
This is just a side-bar from the focus of the thread, but years ago I stopped reading science fiction (whereas as a young teen and through college I like SF, then strangely so, I began to really dislike it...and I have no earthly idea why. Now I feel like I"ve really been missing something. Msg me if you have time, as I'd like to get a recommendation, or two.

tinkerphile

Nov 27, 2021
Been on a bit of a philosophy binge. Just finished:

Maimonides "Guide For The Perplexed"
Marcus Aurelius "Meditations"
Jessica Pallington "What Would Keith Richards Do? Daily Affirmations from a Rock and Roll Survivor"

I found the last one most essential...
"Meditations" has popped up on my radar lately from numerous sources - more than any other book! Gotta get that.

tinkerphile

Nov 27, 2021
My nephew was in Tommy Boy. A definite classic. Interesting how the stars in both those movies are dead at an early age. A loss of 2 great actors both from SNL

I anticipate tears as you say because where they are now is hell and what they went through to get there........she tells a very good story.
Yep, classic

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
! ___The LP is Back ISBN 978-1882580217.jpg

! ___The LP is Back contents ISBN 978-1882580217.jpg
ISBN 978-1882580217 Published in 1999 by Amateur Audio Press.

I kept seeing references circa 2005 to this publication and set out to find a copy. I looked for a few years with no luck until I stumbled across one for sale and in mint condition, through AbeBooks.com from an independent, Dewey Books. Lots of articles current to the times. A fascinating find - something interesting from the past.

... and you know what? The LP is Still Back. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing