What's Spinning Tonight?

U2-The-Joshua-Tree.jpg

A veiled recording but enjoying it nonetheless.

Tom

An age old favorite of mine. Great performance, great tunes on a rather decent recording. Listening in bliss as we speak....

34732063.jpg

Tom

U2-The-Joshua-Tree.jpg

A veiled recording but enjoying it nonetheless.

Tom

Is this the digital? Have you heard the bob ludwig remasters? much better. still not the best i've heard (incl some of bob ludgwig's other remastering work), but far better than the original CD.

fantastic CD and quality of recording/mastering seems excellent to me.

---- Two-SACD discs set; and I am listening (still) to the hybrid multichannel SACD layers.
...From the multichannel analog output of my Oppo 103 and through the multichannel analog input of my Integra 80.3.
Analog interconnects are Esoteric (Front L&R, Center & Subs), and UltraLink (Surrounds).

The 103 is set to 'Pure Audio'.
And the 80.3 to 'Pure Audio' as well.

No digital, no Room correction & EQ, no bass management (all speakers set to Large), no Audyssey MultEQ XT32, no nothing else but Pure unaltered sound.

---- Two-SACD discs set; and I am listening (still) to the hybrid multichannel SACD layers.
...From the multichannel analog output of my Oppo 103 and through the multichannel analog input of my Integra 80.3.

very nice! i obviously can only play the cd layer of this one, and enjoy it very much!

U2 - The Joshua Tree

Is this the digital? Have you heard the bob ludwig remasters? much better. still not the best i've heard (incl some of bob ludgwig's other remastering work), but far better than the original CD.

---- Which year that version Lloyd?

* There are so many versions of that album.

---- Which year that version Lloyd?

* There are so many versions of that album.

Correction! i thought it was Bob Ludwig Gateway...seems like it is 2007 Mercury Records remaster...guess thats why i felt there were better Bob Ludwig remasterings (like Sting/Police)...it wasnt Bob ludwig!

Correction! i thought it was Bob Ludwig Gateway...seems like it is 2007 Mercury Records remaster...guess thats why i felt there were better Bob Ludwig remasterings (like Sting/Police)...it wasnt Bob ludwig!

---- That 2007 version, plus all other versions prior to that sound awful, IMO.
...On CDs that is; I prefer the 'original' album (LP).

---- That 2007 version, plus all other versions prior to that sound awful, IMO.
...On CDs that is; I prefer the 'original' album (LP).

Well, i think my 'earlier reference' was the 1993 cd which was truly bad. so 07 seems a lot better by comparison! Police remasters much better by Bob Ludwig.

Hello, lloydelee21. Yes, it was the digital. Veiled was an understatement on my part. I shall check out the recording you speak of. Thank you, sir.

Tom

Hello, lloydelee21. Yes, it was the digital. Veiled was an understatement on my part. I shall check out the recording you speak of. Thank you, sir.

Tom

Hi Tom...sorry, you might have noticed on an earlier post here, i corrected myself. The remaster was not Bob Ludwig (that was the Police which is excellent), it was done by 2007 Mercury REcords. It is much better than the 1991/92 CD...though it is definitely not as good a remaster in my opinion as the bob ludwig police/sting albums which are far better than their 1980's counterparts on cd.

Hi

Right now

51yVK5Mp23L._SL500_AA300_.jpg One of the best interpretation of these I have heard. The Isle of the dead is close to definitive IMO and the dynaics are surprsing .. Very good sounding CD Ashkenazy in his elements

then Mercury from the Boxset

Dorati Conducts Respighi
Dorati on Respighi.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu