What's Spinning Tonight?

-- MI0000238100.jpg

* Jon Iverson, the musician who made this album (Alternesia), is the Web producer of the magazine 'Stereophile'.
...For people who don't know him. But the entire Stereophile's staff know him very well.
Jon Iverson has been with Stereophile for many many years. ...He's a true music explorer. ...Alternative music. ...World. ...And this album is quite good, well recorded too.

I highly recommend it if you're into 'new music explorations of International scope'.
{Andre (MrAcoustat) would like it.}

The beginning piece was used in Woody Allen's Love and Death, which sort of made me laugh when I popped in the cd and began to listen. This is a gorgeous collection of music. Daniel looks like James Galway.
1446516.jpg

Hi

I may have posted abou this very interesting artist from Israel: Idan Raichel. A few years ago he started the Idan Raichel project. An ambitious project reuniteing artists from the world over. I discovered him totally by accident and have been listenig to him since on a semi-regular basis.

THe interesting thing about him is that you can buy his "albums" from his web site .. You download them in flac or whatever format you desire and the price is very good and the music simply sensational. You will hear the kind of voices who transcend the barrier of Language. Oh yes you will understand many a song in his album. PArticularly the song by Mayra Andrade Ôdjus Fitxadu (With My Eyes Shut)

Idan Raichel Wbsite you can download the album tonight in lossless THERE

Idan Raichel Within My Walls

51d4n3XYLfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

After haaving heard her from The Idan Raichel album I began listening to this world-class voice: Mayra Andrade, from Cape Verde. This recording is extremely good and the music, not the usual compressed loud stuff so popular these days .. Oh! the music ... and the playing and her voice .. I will not say much about her looks ...;) You be the Judges
The album Storia, Storia available at Amazon.com and of course I'll be buying her albums ...

51eDySr3RCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Finally Another Artist from the same Album : Marta Gomez .. Colombian, she graduated Cum Laude From the Berklee School of Music this album is available from HD Tracks in Hi-Rez.. Very good recording, Chesky all and great music and sublime voice. At least I understand her words :)

Entre Cada Palabra

folder.jpg

5b525551.jpg

black_prairie_album_cover_300x300.jpg

the-civil-wars-barton-hollow.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu