And for my Canadian Friends on this Forum

One my favorite Jazz Pianist Oscar Peterson

Canadiana Suite

cover - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 61
-- I met Oscar in the past; 'dans le vieux Montreal', where he was playing at a Jazz club.
...And we exchanged few musical/jazzy thoughts. :b

CalexicoAncienne.jpg

The Multichannel (5.1) SACD (DSD) layer ::

-- front.jpg

* Digital HDMI (DSD 5.1 audio pure direct stream), with AudysseyDSD (MultEQ XT32).

=> Oppo BDP-103 -> Integra DHC-80.3 -> All speakers = Large + 2 (15") subwoofers.

Just finishing spinning this one :: Last tune ::

-- MI0000269874.jpg

* All of my pictures (music & movies) are "click on" accessible (for free samples and info).
...In case some people don't know by now.

51DAo0%2B4ZgL._SS400_.jpg

Just an FYI.....the Roger Waters SACD seen above sounds like cotton is in your ears. Not worthy of current prices. The music, however, is really good. This one is another one I would like to hear FIM, Mo-Fi or somebody else remaster properly from the source tapes. Great music and I do mean great music. Horrible recording. What a shame.

Tom

-- I luv my DVD version (with live visuals, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, and PCM Stereo sound).

And surprisingly for a DVD, the sound quality is pretty good.
Of course the PCM stereo track (uncompressed) is the more dynamic one.

But the DD 5.1 surround track (compressed) is a lot of fun nonetheless with that live show,
right in your living room, and with all the visuals of course.

After some Bob Marley, moving on to some Little Feat. This will mark the second time I have listened to this concert within a 48 hour period. Rock on...

UDCD2-786-2.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing