What's Spinning Tonight?

HTRK ?– Work (Work, Work) . so glad to have picked this album up this week - even the red vinyl is quiet

Well, I was could not get tickets for the Cure 30th anniversary of Disintegration live @ the Sydney Opera House, but they live streamed their last concert. It just finished - fuuk me , absolutely awesome. On my 75 inch TV, it was pretty darn great. So, I had to spin the album!!

Reactions: Skylab
20190602_005929.jpg

VERITE DE CLAVECIN - ANNE CHAPELIN

I was searching long time for a new or Mint version of this Harpschichord Record it is the best ever Recorded Harpsichord Music that i ever heard its just perfect in every way finally i found a near mint example and yes i am blown away.

Harpsichord is a instrument that i love very much and it is also a instrument which is quite difficult to reproduce in sound systems mostly it sounds too tiny and metallic in my opinion the Harpsichord must approximately sound 65% woody and 35% metallic whit a little bite. Try it to listen to Harpsichord in most Systems you will here a exaggerated Tiny/Metal sound... Thats way i use very often a high quality Harpsichord Record to see if the tonal balance is right after a change in my system.

Ghost Culture - self titled from 2015 on Phantasy Sound. One of my fav electro synth pop albums of 2015. the production is wickedly good.

Glen Campbell - Sings For the King. released after sitting in the vaults for over 50 years. amazing back story to this. Its fabulous!!

Between 1965 and 1968 Campbell recorded 20 demos at night with songwriters Ben Weisman and Sid Wayne, who hold the record for writing 57 songs for Presley. They improved their hopes of having their songs recorded by Presley – and his notorious manager Colonel Parker – by making full versions with lavish instrumental arrangements and vocals in his favoured key (by Campbell) so that they could envisage exactly how they would sound.

Glen Campbell Sings For The King - album review

Reactions: assessor43
An absolute must have.
I never understood why it ''only'' has 41/2 stars on all music;
[qoute]
AllMusic Review by Scott Yanow
The first of two studio albums by the Bill Evans-Scott LaFaro-Paul Motian trio (both of which preceded their famous engagement at the Village Vanguard), this Portrait in Jazz reissue contains some wondrous interplay, particularly between pianist Evans and bassist LaFaro, on the two versions of "Autumn Leaves." Other than introducing Evans' "Peri's Scope," the music is comprised of standards, but the influential interpretations were far from routine or predictable at the time. LaFaro and Motian were nearly equal partners with the pianist in the ensembles and their versions of such tunes as "Come Rain or Come Shine," "When I Fall in Love," and "Someday My Prince Will Come" (which preceded Miles Davis' famous recording by a couple years) are full of subtle and surprising creativity. A gem.
[/qoute]

Ryan Adams ?– Heartbreaker. original 2000 Damont pressing. wonderful way to start the weekend.

The Young Gods ?– Data Mirage Tangram. Swiss band's new album. part Floyd, part prog, part alt rock - nice use of synths - excellent stuff

Reactions: asiufy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing